Rams Fans: After Ten Consecutive Years of Misery, We Salute You

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The whole thing is maddening.....in 99 I was accused of being a bandwagon fan as I was wearing an LA Rams jacket signed by Sean Gilbert and Jerome Bettis.....um, ok.
Love it. I got called a "front runner" at a bar in 99' for wearing a worn out JIM EVERETT jersey.....and I mean...worn...the...fuck....out. The numbers were half gone for cryin' out loud. Some of you may remember that jersey from my old avatar pic, lolz.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I've also tried, many, many times, to kick the Rams habit. Don't work. It's become a running joke amongst my family and close friends; "Why is Mike in a bad mood? Did the Rams play today?" Haha, very funny, motherfuker. Two weeks ago, I was at my folks house for a family get together on a Sunday. I forget who we lost to, but they started trying to cheer me up. No dice. Why couldn't I have been born with normal problems, like being a man trapped in a woman's body, or having a raging heroin addiction? Nooo, I gotta be a fukin Rams fan... Fukit, y'all are stuck with me. You're gonna have to carry me outta here feet first...

Pro sports teams are like what religion and sociology scholars call "totems"—symbols of greater entities that diehard fans gather around for identity and unity.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Man, it's got to really suck thinking about how much you gave up to draft Goff #1 overall, and the Cowboys got a QB in the 4th round that's in the MVP conversation.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, it's got to really suck thinking about how much you gave up to draft Goff #1 overall, and the Cowboys got a QB in the 4th round that's in the MVP conversation.

Nah. If you hit on the QB trading up for one will put you in the mix for 10+ seasons. The fact that some team hit on a QB midrounds doesn't change that. Congrats to the Boys, we'll see if Jerry can avoid effin it up.

FRO

Legend

Put Dak on the Rams and he sucks. There's a huge difference between that line, Dez, Witten, and Beasley and what Goff has to work with. QBs are important, but they aren't the end all be all. They need support to play well. Goff may end up being a bust and not worth the trade, but right now he has zero support.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0053148414/MP3S/Movies/Wedding_Crashers/myleftnut.mp3[/av]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Love it. I got called a "front runner" at a bar in 99' for wearing a worn out JIM EVERETT jersey.....and I mean...worn...the...freak....out. The numbers were half gone for cryin' out loud. Some of you may remember that jersey from my old avatar pic, lolz.

Big that avatar back damn you.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Heard the cowgirls are gonna have Romo (aka Danny White) hold the ball for the kicker on field goals and extra points.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Unfortunately this football team is love since mid 70s has gotten me to follow more Phillies, Flyers and Temple football the past couple years than ever before. Still not much of an Eagles fan.... I enjoy watching the Phillies and Temple games live at the stadiums in south Philly and I don't get my hopes up, so if they lose , I don't get disappointed. Now when I watch the Rams, I don't get my hopes up either and that's not happened until this year. Though I still watch every game. I really hope this gets turned around soon. Now that Stan has the full ownership and his 1st football coach didn't work out, hopefully the 2nd one does.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll never forget that when I was first a Ram fan, my favorite Ram was Nolan Cromwell.

And I remember when we played sandlot football, no kids caught passes against me because...*I* was Nolan Cromwell out there.

When I get down about our broken scheme or our win loss record or our greedy owner...

I remember Nolan Cromwell.

I remember that kid who cheered on those horns.

He woulda cheered them on down 42-0 at the end of a 0-15 season with the enthusiasm that would make you think they were about to go to the Super Bowl.

If I'm truly gonna be a grown up, for dozens of reasons, I'd probably give up the NFL completely.

But, I can never abandon that kid. And that kid...is an unabashed, unashamed, totally enthusiastic, uncompromisingly optimistic fanatic about all things Rams.

So, while I'm not that kid, I keep him in my heart. I have to remember to keep in touch with him.

And when I do, I'm right back to listening to Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier as the CBS announcing team talk about MY team. The pride I felt just hearing them talk about MY Rams. (The only greater thing at that time was hearing the GOAT announcer, Vin Scully, do Dodger baseball)

I honestly didn't CARE what kind of season they were having. I just wanted to play and be like my favorite player.

So...while some may be reflecting on our recent records, blown draft picks or fired coaches...

I'm gonna be getting in touch with that kid..that kid who cheered for those horns.

Cuz he knew.

And sometimes...I forget.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After a 3-1 start it's hard to believe they could only muster one more win the rest of the year . I've become numb to all the losing and hardly even bat an eye when they find a different way to lose every week . You can almost see it coming like last week against the Pitiful 49ers . No one can tell me that some of these guys haven't quit giving 100% and that's unacceptable. Here's to a new beginning again and hope that Goff is the answer or at least a decent QB for years to come . I love watching Rams football but I'll be glad when this year is over .

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Hey man, If any Browns fans try to give us crap all we have to do is show them the Super Bowl trophy -- hell, just point to our Super Bowl visits!

I do believe the Browns have won 8 championships in their history. There was football before the SB. :cool:

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
I'll never forget that when I was first a Ram fan, my favorite Ram was Nolan Cromwell.

And I remember when we played sandlot football, no kids caught passes against me because...*I* was Nolan Cromwell out there.

When I get down about our broken scheme or our win loss record or our greedy owner...

I remember Nolan Cromwell.

I remember that kid who cheered on those horns.

He woulda cheered them on down 42-0 at the end of a 0-15 season with the enthusiasm that would make you think they were about to go to the Super Bowl.

If I'm truly gonna be a grown up, for dozens of reasons, I'd probably give up the NFL completely.

But, I can never abandon that kid. And that kid...is an unabashed, unashamed, totally enthusiastic, uncompromisingly optimistic fanatic about all things Rams.

So, while I'm not that kid, I keep him in my heart. I have to remember to keep in touch with him.

And when I do, I'm right back to listening to Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier as the CBS announcing team talk about MY team. The pride I felt just hearing them talk about MY Rams. (The only greater thing at that time was hearing the GOAT announcer, Vin Scully, do Dodger baseball)

I honestly didn't CARE what kind of season they were having. I just wanted to play and be like my favorite player.

So...while some may be reflecting on our recent records, blown draft picks or fired coaches...

I'm gonna be getting in touch with that kid..that kid who cheered for those horns.

Cuz he knew.

And sometimes...I forget.

Ahhhh yes. I remember those days. Never had a favorite Ram. I guess Cullen Bryant would be the closest. I do remember Pat and Tom. Also remember Phyllis George, Brent Musburger, Irv Cross, and Jimmy the Greek on the pregame shows. Can't remember who replaced Phyllis though.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The worst thing for me is, I became a Rams fan in 2004. So naturally, I figured since they were in the playoffs and seasons before that, they would be a great team for years. Little did I know it would only get worse from there.

Q729

Legend
I do believe the Browns have won 8 championships in their history. There was football before the SB. :cool:
Yeah, but we're in the modern era now. We won some too, but I'm not counting those either.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heard the cowgirls are gonna have Romo (aka Danny White) hold the ball for the kicker on field goals and extra points.

That might be a bad idea...
IMG_0992.GIF

Go Cowboys

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Since 1990 not including 2016
165 wins and 250 losses

There is seriously something wrong with us