Rams "falling in love" with Mack?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I hate this draft every other day i hear of the best tandem of picks from 2 and 13, hurry up April I want May now already!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like Mack. I said from the start that he would be a great weapon for Williams. It just seems like too much of a luxury pick at this point though. The OT need still seems like the biggest need to fill and the Rams are in great position to fill it. Top two pick with two top five talents staring them in the face.

Maybe they see the same thing in Kahlil Mack that Mayock sees, best pick in the draft. If so that would mean they are looking to go BPA. He could have Patrick Willis level impact on a defense.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
No sure I buy all the hype.

We will see

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not a Mack fan because of the drafting positions and players available... but that's a hell of a thought. Wow. The pass rush from hell. Then trade up again and get Donald? Sweet baby Jesus.
And lose two out of three after their rookie contracts. Yeah - I know... buzz kill.

A55VA6

Legend
Wasn't it Mayock that said Mack would be his #1 pick in the draft? Mack is a great player but I didn't think the Rams would be interested. I don't really listen to anything draft related at this time of year. It's either false, smoke screens, or speculation.

iced

this is about as believable as a Manti Te'o's wedding announcement

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would actually rather have Mack then Clowney. I think Mack is the real deal. He's passionate about the game and was everywhere on the football field. He can be a 4-3 end in a pinch and has shown to be good in coverage as well as rushing the QB. Not only that, but Mack could actually start for the Rams. My big problem is that for the Rams they only play with 3 LB about 30% of the time. We already have two good ones. That means about 70% of the time we won't have a playmaker out there.

As for Clowney, we have nowhere to start him and there are questions about his passion for the game. We already have two excellent DE with very good depth behind them. It would just feel like a wasted pick.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I like Mack. I said from the start that he would be a great weapon for Williams. It just seems like too much of a luxury pick at this point though. The OT need still seems like the biggest need to fill and the Rams are in great position to fill it. Top two pick with two top five talents staring them in the face.

Maybe they see the same thing in Kahlil Mack that Mayock sees, best pick in the draft. If so that would mean they are looking to go BPA. He could have Patrick Willis level impact on a defense.
Still, with both Mack and Ogletree we would run a lot less nickel. We'd be mean up front and both safeties would absolutely have to be strong in pass coverage.

I would be so delighted if that happened.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Makes sense to me that the Rams would have an interest in Mack. As stated before, he could be the Marcus Washington of Gregg Williams defense (redskins). SLB on run downs, situational pass rusher on passing downs.

But, it doesn't make sense to me to believe anything from walterfootball.com website.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I would actually rather have Mack then Clowney. I think Mack is the real deal. He's passionate about the game and was everywhere on the football field. He can be a 4-3 end in a pinch and has shown to be good in coverage as well as rushing the QB. Not only that, but Mack could actually start for the Rams. My big problem is that for the Rams they only play with 3 LB about 30% of the time. We already have two good ones. That means about 70% of the time we won't have a playmaker out there.

As for Clowney, we have nowhere to start him and there are questions about his passion for the game. We already have two excellent DE with very good depth behind them. It would just feel like a wasted pick.
You make sense. Mack unlike Clowney would seldom come off the field. Like Quinn, the other team would have to account for him every play.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One could argue that Clowney and Mack are the best impact players in this draft. It's too bad that our need + value doesn't really jive with us having the number 2 pick this year. Not saying we shouldn't draft these guys, but i really hope we find a way to drop a few slots and gain a high end 2nd rd pick. Grab one of the OT's in the top five and then see how the board looks after the first ten picks are in.