Ram's FA List as of Jan 8, 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Here is a list of the Ram's FA. http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/1/8/10726020/st-louis-rams-2016-roster-update
I have highlighted what I think in Blue the Must Signs and in Red the Like to Signs. Of course I think losing any of the Blue or Red players would hurt the Rams.

Position Player FA Status
QB Case Keenum RFA
RB Benny Cunningham RFA
RB Chase Reynolds RFA
RB Malcolm Brown ERFA
TE Cory Harkey UFA
WR Brian Quick UFA

WR Nick Toon ERFA
WR Wes Welker UFA
C Tim Barnes UFA
OT Isaiah Battle ERFA

OL Eric Kush ERFA
OL Brian Folkerts RFA
K Greg Zuerlein UFA
DT Nick Fairley UFA
DT Doug Worthington ERFA
DT Louis Trinca-Pasat ERFA
DE Eugene Sims UFA
DE William Hayes UFA

DE Matt Longacre ERFA
OLB Daren Bates RFA
CB Janoris Jenkins UFA
CB Trumaine Johnson UFA

CB Eric Patterson ERFA
CB Troy Hill ERFA
SS Mark Barron UFA
FS Rodney McLeod UFA

FS Christian Bryant ERFA
FS Cody Davis RFA

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Nick Fairley isn't a must. Anyone know whether or not we're allowed to sign our own guys right now?? If so, they best be on it.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree with everyone on the Barron Love but want to point out 1 important thing in my eyes. If Tree doesn't go down Barron is back as a role player. He is a former #1 with a lot to offer which may just make him to costly. With consideration to all the patchwork we already have in front of us he may be just to expensive to come in as a role player again. First I am resigning projected starters then going from there. JMO
Not to belittle his accomplishments I would love to keep him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nick Fairley isn't a must. Anyone know whether or not we're allowed to sign our own guys right now?? If so, they best be on it.
We can sign our own at any time. It's up to the player whether or not they want to test the market.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I just want to keep all our starters on D, obviously. After that, as far as FA goes, everyone is replaceable.

Actually, if this relocation crap doesn't get sorted in time it will be hard to bring in any high end outside FA.

fearsomefour

Legend
Fairley is not a must sign, I agree. Would be nice to have him back. He was very good for the rotation. If the Rams lose their depth the D line could take a major step back. Resigning Hayes would be great as well. If the Rams could do this then they can draft one DT and one DE and have the compete with Trinca-Pasat and Longacre respectively for depth positions.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Gotta resign Keenum, Amitar.

He's the only known quantity amongst our QB's.

He'll likely be needed to start while a drafted or promoted (Mannion) QB gets up to speed.

At the very least, he's a good backup.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree with everyone on the Barron Love but want to point out 1 important thing in my eyes. If Tree doesn't go down Barron is back as a role player. He is a former #1 with a lot to offer which may just make him to costly. With consideration to all the patchwork we already have in front of us he may be just to expensive to come in as a role player again. First I am resigning projected starters then going from there. JMO
Not to belittle his accomplishments I would love to keep him.

It remains to be seen what Barron is offered. Would he be considered a Strong Safety? Or would he be an Outside LBer? He is on the small side for OLB, so does he get top dollar to play that position? He did not work out as a Free Safety and do Strong Safeties really make all that much money? Barron is a tweener who is best used in a role like the Rams used him. Those players don't often break the bank. He may be affordable.

Fairley is not a must sign, I agree. Would be nice to have him back. He was very good for the rotation. If the Rams lose their depth the D line could take a major step back. Resigning Hayes would be great as well. If the Rams could do this then they can draft one DT and one DE and have the compete with Trinca-Pasat and Longacre respectively for depth positions.

I'd like to see Fairley back if the price is right. It took him a while to really come on, but he was a very good rotational player for the Rams in the second half. And if you consider that they didn't have good DEs for much of that time, Fairley did pretty well getting push and playing the run without the outside pressure.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Gotta resign Keenum, Amitar.

He's the only known quantity amongst our QB's.

He'll likely be needed to start while a drafted or promoted (Mannion) QB gets up to speed.

At the very least, he's a good backup.

I agree. Now if they can bring in someone better, then sure let him go. However that is never an easy thing to do it seems. One guy I wanted them to sign last season was Fitzpatrick. He had a good year with the Jets, I doubt he wants to leave that situation in New York.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
my top four UFAs

#1-one of the two CBs TJ or JJ
#2-OLB- Barron-this DB/OLB as a starter at one of the two outside LB posts, plus he remains on the field to play a safety positional need in the many of the numerous defenses. Extremely valuable when playing up tempo offenses!
#3-OC- Barnes- This is our center piece to our young OL, with only Rhaney to play center we would be in serious trouble.
#4-DE- Hayes- if C.Long is released then this DE would move up to #2 position.

Last edited:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
#1 - Tru - I'd like to have both, but I have more confidence in TJ upside than JJ. Keep in mind that Gaines will be coming back too.
#2 - Barron - I don't care if Tree is coming back or not - we have to have this guy in whatever capacity.
#3 - Hayes - Big play Hayes is a must, especially if Long is released.
#4 - McLeod - Like what he brings and think he and McDonald are one of the most under-rated safety duos in the league.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is a list of the Ram's FA. http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/1/8/10726020/st-louis-rams-2016-roster-update
I have highlighted what I think in Blue the Must Signs and in Red the Like to Signs. Of course I think losing any of the Blue or Red players would hurt the Rams.

Position Player FA Status
QB Case Keenum RFA
RB Benny Cunningham RFA
RB Chase Reynolds RFA
RB Malcolm Brown ERFA
TE Cory Harkey UFA
WR Brian Quick UFA

WR Nick Toon ERFA
WR Wes Welker UFA
C Tim Barnes UFA
OT Isaiah Battle ERFA

OL Eric Kush ERFA
OL Brian Folkerts RFA
K Greg Zuerlein UFA
DT Nick Fairley UFA
DT Doug Worthington ERFA
DT Louis Trinca-Pasat ERFA
DE Eugene Sims UFA
DE William Hayes UFA

DE Matt Longacre ERFA
OLB Daren Bates RFA
CB Janoris Jenkins UFA
CB Trumaine Johnson UFA

CB Eric Patterson ERFA
CB Troy Hill ERFA
SS Mark Barron UFA
FS Rodney McLeod UFA

FS Christian Bryant ERFA
FS Cody Davis RFA
I'm 99% in agreement. Although I would put Fairley in RED not BLUE!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is 100% correct on what happens if Fairley does what most believe, Nick Fairley will do ....chase the big long term $$$ contract. Rams can not invest big in Fairley but must commit DT/NT cap cash to keep NT Brockers past next season Thus currently this upcoming 2016 a replacement for Fairley is a very big need.

On the mentioning of DE Hayes here with DT Fairley ....Back in 2012/2013 seasons William Hayes main part in this DL rotation was in relief of the interior DL for Langford & Brockers on most passing downs! So was DE Eugene Sims. Neither Matt Conrath & Jermelle Cudjo were anything close to being effective as a rotational DT during those seasons. The injury to Chris Long the last two seasons has made Hayes or starting LDE for 2014/2015 seasons. In 2014 Fisher had a trio of Brockers/Donald/Langford which was highly effective. DT Alex Carrington was a waste of a master roster spot. This season Nick Fairley replaced Langford roster spot & came on fast over the last half of the 2015 season.
I'm 99% in agreement. Although I would put Fairley in RED not BLUE!
Agree.
I'd like to see Fairley back if the price is right. It took him a while to really come on, but he was a very good rotational player for the Rams in the second half. And if you consider that they didn't have good DEs for much of that time, Fairley did pretty well getting push and playing the run without the outside pressure.
Would you slate DT cap $$$ to keep DT Fairley or NT Brockers? Rams might be able to do a nice heavy one yr contract with Fairley but nothing more.

Bottom line here is so many twists & turns on the upcoming free agency to be able to precisely say what Fisher will do here but using two of the six 2016 draft selections on a NT & DE may be stretching it. I'm guessing 100% sure @ least getting a rookie DL'er here. The 6-3 280 pound Hayes is the most complete & versatile DL'er & would be a primary resign target. Hayes has proven that he can be a rotational player @ all four DL posts & bring much more to this team than Nick Fairley. Hayes is a proven veteran & loyal locker room leader! Hayes has played through many injuries & never takes a play off.:bow: Hayes could more than fill the vacancy of Fairley in the rotational interior along with Louis Tricant Pasat.

The thing about Fairley is the role he played in 2015....it was a non starter & his work history in the NFL has not been good as a full time starter! Fairley has always taken plays off when starting & does not play well through the pains of nagging injuries. Any team who pays big $$$$ for his services in 2016 beyond as a full time starter stands to be very disappointed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The thing about Fairley is the role he played in 2015....it was a non starter & his work history in the NFL has not been good as a full time starter! Fairley has always taken plays off when starting & does not play well through the pains of nagging injuries. Any team who pays big $$$$ for his services in 2016 beyond as a full time starter stands to be very disappointed.

And this. Maybe Fairley's problem is that he shouldn't start full time? And wanting to resign him hinges on the money he would command of course. What if he doesn't have anyone offering him starter money? I am not ready to assume he will seeing that he didn't have that last offseason. However, I do acknowledge that the expanded cap could change that. Do I want to break the bank for him? or lose out on a starter? Of course not. But if they can keep him, I think he was a very good rotational DT.

jjab360

Legend
If I'm the GM my priorities go:

1) TruJo, probably comes cheaper, makes more plays and has a history of giving up less plays than JJ should be a no-brainer, had over half of our Ints for Christ's sake
2) Mcleod, really underrated among Rams fans, has quietly developed into a top 10 S and a key cog in our defense
3) Barron, might be a backup at both S and LB with Ogletree's return but probably one of the top 5 most talented players on our D, GWill will find a spot for him
4) Jenkins, would like to bring him back, but not a ridiculous price tag
5) Fairley, a quietly disruptive DT, and though he is replaceable it would eliminate a draft need if we could get him back with a reasonable contract

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not suggesting getting rid of Hayes.
I understood that. Sorry if I made that look like that :oops:I used your post to segue a transition directly from Fairley into Hayes thanks.
And this. Maybe Fairley's problem is that he shouldn't start full time? And wanting to resign him hinges on the money he would command of course. What if he doesn't have anyone offering him starter money? I am not ready to assume he will seeing that he didn't have that last offseason. However, I do acknowledge that the expanded cap could change that. Do I want to break the bank for him? or lose out on a starter? Of course not. But if they can keep him, I think he was a very good rotational DT.
That's what I believe is he is at his best as the 3rd DT. I am a big fan of bringing him back IF this was what Nick believed. Nick in our defense looked the best he has looked in many yrs. He is the perfect 3rd rotational DT for us. We agree fully here on Nick & what he could mean for this defense in 2016. That's why I mentioned that One season contract that could be a good sized since we have Brockers under contract in 2016 already. I desire to keep him & posted that many times but I find it very doubtful of his return.

What adds to this concern that Nick does not return is presently the only real DT signed behind Donald & Brockers is a UDFA who has never played a down in regular season. Ethan Westbrooks is a 6-4 267 pound is a DE not a DT. I do not know of any starting 6-4 267 pound DT's in the NFL???:bueller:. Fisher is either will draft a DT or he will have to pay to secure a 3rd UFA at some point. What is Nick Fairley's worth???
Mcleod, really underrated among Rams fans, has quietly developed into a top 10 S and a key cog in our defense
I agree here on Rodney McLeod. Big fan of "The Rod" from the moment I watched him his rookie season as a UDFA. The loss of Rod on our back end is going to hurt this defense in 2016. Whomever replaces him .....Bryant/Davis/Joyner is going to have to greatly bring up there game. Rod can start @ 3 secondary positions FS/SS & Nickle. Such solid versatility is real hard to replace.:(

Last edited: