Rams expected to hire Matt LaFleur as oc...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PaRam24

UDFA
Another update here, got a message from ESPN stating the Rams are expected to make the hiring of Falcons qb coach Matt LaFleur official...Pretty good hire here...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice fit. Another experienced QB coach added to the staff and a guy McVay knows well and trusts.

Now it's gonna be about personnel, let's kill some FA period and draft, Mr. Snead!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
So we going to hear something today? I've grown impatient already.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Matt LaFleur - C - Rams
Rams hired Matt LaFleur as offensive coordinator.

The Falcons QBs coach the last two seasons, LaFleur was expected to take over for Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator, but Atlanta decided to hire Steve Sarkisian instead. LaFleur is unlikely to call the plays under Sean McVay, but the promotion is another step up the ladder for the up-and-coming coach. Like McVay did in Washington, he could take over play-calling duties from the offensive-minded head coach sometime in the next couple years.
Related: Falcons

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 7 - 12:28 PM

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Another update here, got a message from ESPN stating the Rams are expected to make the hiring of Falcons qb coach Matt LaFleur official...Pretty good hire here...
Have you heard this from more than one source!? I hope this is True!!

Nice fit. Another experienced QB coach added to the staff and a guy McVay knows well and trusts.

Now it's gonna be about personnel, let's kill some FA period and draft, Mr. Snead!
I would love to see the Rams nail down at least one O-Lineman and a Pass Rushing DE or OLB during the FA Period. It would make the Draft a Lot easier!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Have you heard this from more than one source!? I hope this is True!!
http://www.fanragsports.com/news/report-falcons-qb-coach-matt-lafleur-become-rams-oc/

It looks like Falcons’ QB coach Matt LaFleur will get to be an offensive coordinator, even if he did not get the job in Atlanta. According to reports, he’s going to take the OC job with the Los Angeles Rams.

The Falcons recently hired Steve Sarkisian for their OC position, which was vacated by Kyle Shanahan when he took the head coaching job in San Fransisco. He still has not hired an OC for his own staff, though his offensive background suggests he may be open to doing much of the job himself.

For the Falcons, this means there will be even more turnover for QB Matt Ryan. He elevated his game and had his best season ever, winning MVP honors and taking the Falcons and their No. 1 rated offense to the Super Bowl. He was actually quite good in the Super Bowl, as well, despite the way the game ended, with the team blowing a 25-point lead. He threw for 284 yards and two touchdowns, with only six incompletions – 17 completions – and no interceptions.

The Rams hired former Redskins’ OC Sean McVay as their head coach, and he’ll no doubt have a lot of input regarding how the offense is run. But he also liked what the Falcons did this year and hopes to bring some of that success to L.A. Last year, under Jeff Fisher, the Rams’ offense was stagnant and RB Todd Gurley even said they had a middle school offense. They hope to rejuvenate things and get young QB Jared Goff going. Goff, after all, was the No. 1 pick in the draft last year.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Omg
Matt LaFleur - C - Rams
Rams hired Matt LaFleur as offensive coordinator.

The Falcons QBs coach the last two seasons, LaFleur was expected to take over for Kyle Shanahan as offensive coordinator, but Atlanta decided to hire Steve Sarkisian instead. LaFleur is unlikely to call the plays under Sean McVay, but the promotion is another step up the ladder for the up-and-coming coach. Like McVay did in Washington, he could take over play-calling duties from the offensive-minded head coach sometime in the next couple years.
Related: Falcons

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 7 - 12:28 PM

Fuck yasssssssssss!!! :yay::D

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Looks good to me. So with the NFL.com 2016 comparisons that Jared Goff best resembles a younger Matt Ryan? If Goff could come close to Matt we might have something after all.

McVay & La Fleur worked together in the offense @ Washington for 3 seasons 2010 to 2013 Lafleur was the QB's coach & McVay was coching the TE's.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now all we need is a Julio Jones & a Mohammed Sanu and we'll be set

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Say what you want about McVay and wish we'd gone after Shanahan all you want but McVay has done an incredible job assembling a coaching staff.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Copied from other thread)

Hey fellas, so I asked Alex Marvez for some insight and here's what he told me...

View: https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/829030080802410496

This outlet also seems to be convinced it's done. Not sure of his sources tho...

View: https://twitter.com/nfl_journal/status/829030491550531584

Welcome aboard Lafleur!!!

I would imagine within the next hour this is iofficial everywhere.. where there's a shit ton of smoke there's fire.(y):rockon::cheers:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:cheers:And so our dynasty begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: