Rams/Eagles TV talkers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One interesting point made on some Fox Sports show was that the Eagles play a lot of man coverage. They also play to intercept. The result is that they are one of the worst defenses for Yards after the Catch. Who is the best offense for YAC? LA Rams.

On the show with Cowgerd, Eric Davis, Rey Lewis and Whitlock, three chose the Rams to win. Cowherd chose the Eagles because he thinks the fires in CA are a big distraction for the players. I am confident that McVey can keep them focused.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
If they play a lot of man expect to see a lot of bunch formations. The OL needs to step up this game to give Jared time to throw and to give Gurley some running lanes

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The local talking head Comcast show in Philly had Dan Orvalosky (sp?) on tonight. Apparently he just moved to Philly for a job.

Anyway they asked him about the Rams/McVay/Goff.

Man did he rip them... Nah, just kidding. He was actually extremely complimentary of McVay and Goff.

Called McVay the brightest coach he has ever been around. (He played for 6 NFL teams). Said he is way ahead of curve in the NFL.

As for Goff, said he was impressive in camp and just kept learning and soaking everything up. Stated like others have that he is very cool and even keeled. No memory if bad things happen. Raved about his arm talent.

So it was good to hear from someone that was in the inside and saw what was happening.

Also pointed out what we have seen, in that the offense is not built around the run game. It is built around play action, so they run it just enough to allow the play action to work.

I think that is where they need to get better and is likely why they struggle at times in the redzone. They need to be able to run it better so they are real threat to run the ball in when they are 1st and goal inside the 10 yd line.

For Philly Area fans it was Friday's Philly Sports Talk on ch 847... so you can get that On Demand. Have to see if I can find an online video.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Oh yeah, he compared McVay to Greg Maddux, the pitcher. Talked about how you never know what's coming, what his next "pitch" will be. Really painted a picture of McVay being one of the brightest minds in the game already.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Didn't Jacksonville play a lot of man against us?

Seems like if thats the case, put out three receivers and give Gurley the ball when the DBs have their backs turned.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hate to say I like this matchup, because that’s usually when I get bit in the ass. But, I do think we matchup well.

Will we win? It should be fun to watch and find out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One interesting point made on some Fox Sports show was that the Eagles play a lot of man coverage. They also play to intercept. The result is that they are one of the worst defenses for Yards after the Catch. Who is the best offense for YAC? LA Rams.

On the show with Cowgerd, Eric Davis, Rey Lewis and Whitlock, three chose the Rams to win. Cowherd chose the Eagles because he thinks the fires in CA are a big distraction for the players. I am confident that McVey can keep them focused.
I saw this show too, Ray Lewis picked 1st and said he thought the main reason they would Win is because of our Defense! I like the fact Lewis is on our side!

Westerberg

UDFA
Oh my, the first 10 minutes of the third hour of GMFB (8am pacific) weekend this morning were extremely annoying.

They were talking about the Rams game obviously, they showed the Eagles practicing in Anaheim and how Kobe was there and how Mike Trout is an Eagles fan blah blah blah. Then the first three were talking about how great the Eagles were etc. The fourth dude started talking about Aaraon Donald and how he dominated, and I swear one of the other guys told him to just shut up, quit talking.

I have no idea who any of these people are, but besides the one dude they are all shitheads.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Oh my, the first 10 minutes of the third hour of GMFB (8am pacific) weekend this morning were extremely annoying.

They were talking about the Rams game obviously, they showed the Eagles practicing in Anaheim and how Kobe was there and how Mike Trout is an Eagles fan blah blah blah. Then the first three were talking about how great the Eagles were etc. The fourth dude started talking about Aaraon Donald and how he dominated, and I swear one of the other guys told him to just shut up, quit talking.

I have no idea who any of these people are, but besides the one dude they are all shitheads.

Dude....it has been an annoying 30 minutes of GMFB. The guy that told Ike Taylor to shut up is Michael Robinson, a former FB for the 40 whiners and the shefarts. Not much later after that Robinson kept talking over Ike and repeating the same thing over and over. It got heated and the other two hosts left the set...

Oh...and Colleen Wolfe ain't no shit head lol She's one of my favorite female NFL reporters. Knows her stuff.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The local talking head Comcast show in Philly had Dan Orvalosky (sp?) on tonight. Apparently he just moved to Philly for a job.

Anyway they asked him about the Rams/McVay/Goff.

Man did he rip them... Nah, just kidding. He was actually extremely complimentary of McVay and Goff.

Called McVay the brightest coach he has ever been around. (He played for 6 NFL teams). Said he is way ahead of curve in the NFL.

As for Goff, said he was impressive in camp and just kept learning and soaking everything up. Stated like others have that he is very cool and even keeled. No memory if bad things happen. Raved about his arm talent.

So it was good to hear from someone that was in the inside and saw what was happening.

Also pointed out what we have seen, in that the offense is not built around the run game. It is built around play action, so they run it just enough to allow the play action to work.

I think that is where they need to get better and is likely why they struggle at times in the redzone. They need to be able to run it better so they are real threat to run the ball in when they are 1st and goal inside the 10 yd line.

For Philly Area fans it was Friday's Philly Sports Talk on ch 847... so you can get that On Demand. Have to see if I can find an online video.
I searched high an low for a way to listen for this interview. I’d love it if someone could find it

Ram65

Legend

It's been a problem all year. They can't get a first down on 3rd and one. They used the shovel pass, jet sweeps and even QB read option in the redzone. Hope McVay comes up with a few new wrinkles because they aren't consistent running the ball in those situations. This is a stout defensive front that leads the league in least rushing yards allowed. Some of that is because they get leads. IIRC they are down to their 3rd MLB and use more nickel packages.

I don't know about the interception thing but, they can be beat in the pass game with YAC. I've been watching some game highlights against the Skins and Chargers with both getting some big YAC. Giants did the same early in the year. Goff just needs time in the pocket to make the throws. Gurley in third in YAC and Kupp is 30th with Wood at 33. Wish Woods was playing however, Watkins can get YAC and could be up there if he had more chances.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats...ECEIVING&opp=0&sort=5&qualified=1&sortOrder=0

The Eagles defense backs aren't that great. They have been helped by the front 6-7 and being ahead in games. Goff has to avoid the rush and make the throws. He also has to take advantage of run opportunities with the DB playing man he should have some open space.

Westerberg

UDFA
Dude....it has been an annoying 30 minutes of GMFB. The guy that told Ike Taylor to shut up is Michael Robinson, a former FB for the 40 whiners and the shefarts. Not much later after that Robinson kept talking over Ike and repeating the same thing over and over. It got heated and the other two hosts left the set...

Oh...and Colleen Wolfe ain't no crap head lol She's one of my favorite female NFL reporters. Knows her stuff.
I tuned out after the part I saw, I was honestly shocked. Having someone tell me to shut up is a fast way to set me off.

Hopefully someone will upload it somewhere.

I'll trust you on Colleen Wolfe, that Michael Robinson can eff off though.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I tuned out after the part I saw, I was honestly shocked. Having someone tell me to shut up is a fast way to set me off.

Hopefully someone will upload it somewhere.

I'll trust you on Colleen Wolfe, that Michael Robinson can eff off though.

Agree. Replace Robinson with MJD. He has great chemistry with Taylor and Wolfe. I drive like 3-4 hours a day for my job, I've listened to wwwaaayyy toooo many podcasts and therefore have all these weird E! style opinions now :D

bluecoconuts

Legend
I hate to say I like this matchup, because that’s usually when I get bit in the ass. But, I do think we matchup well.

Will we win? It should be fun to watch and find out.

If we win the rest of the country is going to finally take notice. It's America's game of the week, I want to go out and put up 50.