Rams' Dunbar talks about rejoining team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football/article/400430/30/Rams-Dunbar-talks-about-rejoining-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football ... ining-team</a>

[5]2711206351001[/5]

By Howard Balzer for KSDK Sports

(KSDK Sports) -- At 3:04 Thursday afternoon, a familiar No. 58 jogged onto the Rams practice field and was greeted by cheers from defensive end Chris Long. Following a four-game absence while suspended by the NFL for violating the performance-enhancing drugs policy, linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar was a member of the Rams again.

"It means a lot to have him back," Long said after the team's first practice following last Thursday's 35-11 beatdown by the San Francisco 49ers. "He was an integral part of what we did on defense last season. Everyone welcomes him back with open arms."

A smiling Dunbar, who trained in Miami for the last month, left there Monday night on an 8:30 plane after agreeing to terms. He took a physical Tuesday, signed a new contract, and then had to wait until being officially reinstated by the NFL at 3 p.m. That is the close of business each day on the league transaction wire. The Rams had released Dunbar in early September shortly after his suspension began.

Said Dunbar, "I'm upset that I put myself in this position, but I really came to appreciate what I have. It was hard watching games during the time away."

The timing is also impeccable because linebacker Will Witherspoon, signed in July when the Rams knew the Dunbar suspension was coming, injured his hamstring against the 49ers and didn't practice Tuesday.

Asked what is special about Dunbar, Long said, "His experience. His energy. His effort. His skills. He's a helluva football player and one of my favorite teammates. He's a sparkplug for us. Some people gravitate to others, and Jo-Lonn is one of those guys. It was an unfortunate situation, but he handled it the best he could. He told us he'd be back, and he is."

Said linebacker James Laurinaitis, "It will be good to have that extra edge out there. It's like playing with another MIKE (middle linebacker) next to me.

"It's good to have him back. The guys in the locker room love him; he's a good locker-room guy."

Concluded Jeff Fisher, "He's really excited. We're excited. We're glad to have him."

Simply Noting

*Because Dunbar wasn't officially reinstated until 3 p.m., his signing won't be reported on the league transaction wire until Wednesday. The release of tackle Max Starks also won't be official until Wednesday, which means he will be paid for this week because all players on rosters as of Wednesday are paid for that week even if they are released that day or afterward.

*The Rams also brought back wide receiver Emory Blake and cornerback Darren Woodard to the practice squad and released fullback Eric Stevens.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
So glad to have this guy back, he's a damn menace on that field. Cant wait to see him and McDonald laying people the hell out!!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
So happy to hear from this man again. Good decision by the Rams to bring him back. He's the real deal. Can't wait to see him on this defense. Welcome back Jo Lonn.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
He's bout to bring some Mother-Fucking PAIN up in this Mother Fucker.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
UnknownREknown said:
So glad to have this guy back, he's a damn menace on that field. Cant wait to see him and McDonald laying people the hell out!!
Gonna be quite a while for that :lol:

Seriously though, glad to have him back in the fold.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I had a Pat Benatar song playing in my head the whole time I read this.

fearsomefour

Legend
rdlkgliders said:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot.....

I assume you dont mean Dunbar saying that to his trainer??

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
And just like that our LB corps becomes the strength of the team.

And the one area where we are improved over last year with Ogletree on the other side of him. I'm excited to see these guys develop some chemistry together out there!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
fearsomefour said:
rdlkgliders said:

No it was " it's a little to little it's a little to late"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rdlkgliders said:
fearsomefour said:
rdlkgliders said:

No it was " it's a little to little it's a little to late"
Hmm. I thought it was "We Belong."