Rams DT Aaron Donald takes his anger out on 'Madden

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Rams DT Aaron Donald takes his anger out on 'Madden NFL 17'
2:25 AM ET
  • Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer
LOS ANGELES -- Tavon Austin scored five touchdowns, Todd Gurley averaged 6.7 yards per carry, Case Keenum notched a passer rating of 158.1 and the Los Angeles Rams beat the Miami Dolphins, 44-19.

If only life were a video game that Aaron Donald controlled.

This one was played out through "Madden NFL 17" on Thursday, within the Microsoft store in Century City for the first round of the Xbox NFL Player Charity Challenge, an eight-man, bracket-style tournament that provides $51,000 and Microsoft products for the winner's favorite charity.

Donald -- who will contribute to the Make-A-Wish Foundation if he can endure -- made quick work of Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who played from a mall in Miami.

i

Greg Olsen and the Broncos' Von Miller on Nov. 29. The Rams' defensive tackle plays a lot of Madden, as you might expect. He does it mostly online, and usually he'll pick the Green Bay Packers because, as Donald said, "I'm an Aaron Rodgers guy." But he made sure to pick the Rams on this day.

He chose their throwback uniforms -- "I love the colors," Donald said -- and he stayed away from a quarterback controversy.

Keenum started, and Jared Goff, the No. 1 overall pick, remained on the bench, even in virtual reality.

Donald watched Goff take actual first-team snaps on Wednesday and said he's "looking good." But even he can't tell if Goff, exactly two weeks removed from his 22nd birthday, is ready to start games in the NFL.

"It’s a whole different world once you get into games," Donald said. "You have people actually trying to hit you, the speed of the game’s a lot faster, you have a lot of different things you need to check and see. It’s a whole different world up there once game time comes."

In this world, they played three-minute quarters, under the "Pro" setting, and Donald continually beat Tannehill with Austin slant routes. At one point he recorded three consecutive sacks, on another he completed eight consecutive passes.

And even though the game had already been decided by the final minutes, Donald kept hammering away, going for two, putting together a final drive and squeezing every point he could out of this endlessly flawed Rams offense.

In nine days, the real games will start again, beginning with a four-week stretch against teams that are a combined 8-18.

In nine days, the Rams must start to turn their season around.

"We still have a lot of football left," Donald said. "You just have to keep playing. Once you start worrying about things, you get down about yourself, whatever it may be.

You just have to keep your same mindset, keep playing at a hundred miles per hour."

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...dt-aaron-donald-takes-his-anger-out-on-madden

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
44 points? Somebody get that man a crayon and a notebook with the word "OFFENSE" on the front of it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
44 points? Somebody get that man a crayon and a notebook with the word "OFFENSE" on the front of it.
question-mark-face.gif

Maybe Donald can play both sides of the ball for the Rams! As a DT and as the OC!!?!!(y)
Laughing.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So Tannehill can't even run an offense in Madden?
I like^ this idea! Especially considering we will play him for real in just a few weeks!!(y) I hope Donald has a HUGE game against him!!:snicker: