Rams drafting a center?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not sure Barnes will be back, so let's see? Plus IMO the Rams are making googly eyes at Reese Dismukes because he not only is an Auburn guy, but a team captain from Auburn as well.

I am. But now that you have posted that the Rams have been projected a 6th round selection awarded then maybe that new pick could go for the small guy Dismukes?

When the Rams concluded their 2015 draft in the 4th round, due to have traded away their 5th, 6th & 7th selections......I just could not see them taking a center with the only four picks they had.

RamBill

Legend
Get the 2015 NFL Draft positional breakdown for Centers. Who are the best offensive anchors in the 2015 class? Cameron Erving- Florida State, Hroniss Grasu- Oregon, Andy Gallik- Boston College, and Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn are profiled by Myles Simmons of St.LouisRams.com

Watch the OC Breakdown

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am. But now that you have posted that the Rams have been projected a 6th round selection awarded then maybe that new pick could go for the small guy Dismukes?

When the Rams concluded their 2015 draft in the 4th round, due to have traded away their 5th, 6th & 7th selections......I just could not see them taking a center with the only four picks they had.

Would be shocked if Dismukes fell to the 6th, but stranger things have happened and if Barnes comes back or the Rams sign Brian De La Puente then you're right, but if they go to the draft with just two centers I look for them going Center in the 4th IMO.

T-Hawks

UDFA
Shaq Mason C from Georgia Tech will be the best center from this draft. He has the most strength out of the whole center class. All of the top centers are soft. Take Shaq Mason. He comes from a run first offense and he can open some massive holes up for Mason.

FrankenRam

Starter
With only reports of the Rams "showing interest" in offensive lineman and the fact that the Rams twitter account (though I know it's not someone from the personnel department but a PR person) pimping centers in the draft for the past 4 days I am really thinking that they are targeting a starting center in the draft.

Wisniewski might not be high on their list afterall.

I think you're making too much out of the twitter stuff. They're 'pimping' every position. It's part of a 'Future Investments' series. They're looking at DE now. Somehow, I doubt that means they're necessarily looking for DE.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I think you're making too much out of the twitter stuff. They're 'pimping' every position. It's part of a 'Future Investments' series. They're looking at DE now. Somehow, I doubt that means they're necessarily looking for DE.
Just to play a little devil's advocate here, while I do lean towards agreeing with you, the Rams did reportedly interview Missouri DE Shane Ray at the combine, so who knows, they may be looking at DE. Personally I can't see why they would, but there are signs.
The Rams haven't exactly been known to pass on a certain position just because other people think they are 'set' at said position in the last couple of years, so who knows. I certainly don't want to try to guess either way; the Rams are pretty unpredictable on draft day...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shaq Mason C from Georgia Tech will be the best center from this draft. He has the most strength out of the whole center class. All of the top centers are soft. Take Shaq Mason. He comes from a run first offense and he can open some massive holes up for Mason.

Neither Cameron Erving nor A.J. Cann are "soft". I'd easily take both over Mason. Mason is very raw. Which isn't a reason not to take him but those of you claiming that you wouldn't feel comfortable with Jones and Rhaney shouldn't be advocating Mason. Because I highly doubt he's ready to start as a rookie. His pass pro skills just aren't up to snuff yet.