Rams Drafting A # 1 Wr - 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
As much as I would love to see Sammy Watkins in a Rams uniform next year, I just don't see the Rams using a 1.2 or 1.4 (trade with Cle) on a WR. If we trade down even further to 1.6 (trade with Atl) we might be able to get Sammy. Much lower and he will be probably be gone. So should use 1.13 to draft a receiver that is not going to be a #1 receiver? I think Marquis Lee is a #1 prospect but he had a down year in 2013 (injury, subpar offense) but is he worth a 1.13 pick? I think Mike Evans is a possible #1 but seems to to come up short when compared to skill set of other #1s (J. Jones, AJ Green , C, Johnson, J. Gordon, D. Bryant, even someone like Antonio Brown or Alshon Jeffery, etc.) so why use a 1.13 to pick him. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As much as I would love to see Sammy Watkins in a Rams uniform next year, I just don't see the Rams using a 1.2 or 1.4 (trade with Cle) on a WR. If we trade down even further to 1.6 (trade with Atl) we might be able to get Sammy. Much lower and he will be probably be gone. So should use 1.13 to draft a receiver that is not going to be a #1 receiver? I think Marquis Lee is a #1 prospect but he had a down year in 2013 (injury, subpar offense) but is he worth a 1.13 pick? I think Mike Evans is a possible #1 but doesnt seem to come up short when compared to skill set of other #1s (J. Jones, AJ Green , C, Johnson, J. Gordon, D. Bryant, even someone like Antonio Brown or Alshon Jeffery, etc.) so why use a 1.13 to pick him. Thoughts?
sorry - i meant to say - I think Mike Evans is a possible #1 but seems to come up short when compared to skill set of other #1s (J. Jones, AJ Green , C, Johnson, J. Gordon, D. Bryant, even someone like Antonio Brown or Alshon Jeffery, etc.) so why use a 1.13 to pick him. Thoughts?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me; if not Watkins... Go elsewhere. Like heavy OL then S, and CB.

We don't need any more raw WR.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think I'll have another beer. Not the thoughts you were asking for?:cool:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I really haven't heard any talk of Evans or Lee as possible #1's or special. So if we don't pick Watkins (and I would not be upset to do so at #4 or even #2... rumors are the Raiders are really interested at #5.), I'd just keep the group we currently have for another year.

In this event, I would probably just trade completely out of the top ten to stockpile picks in what people say is a really deep draft.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I am still on the fence about grabbing Watkins or not. Not because I don't want him or anything, I think he is a stud. But having used a top pick last year, they might just try and trade down a few times to gather picks. If they don't grab Watkins they might as well wait to grab one in the mid rounds or none at all.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We need a #1 BAD!! Our only hope on the squad right now for next year is Stedman Bailey. Only because he seems to have a lot more potential than he was able to show. Pettis is a possesion receiver probably on his way out. Cook wasn't bad but clearly not a #1 option - and very disappointing in the way he gave up on passes. Givens is a 1 trick pony - catches little over the middle - throw his 3 balls a game to keep the safeties honest. Austin will be valuable as runner, screen/slot receiver and return man - not big/strong enough to be the go to guy. Quick should be a good red zone target but not a #1.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wanted both Watkins and Matthews. The Rams have a need for both. Dominant #1 WRs seem to be harder to find these days as OLTs. I really want the Rams to fix the Oline. Sam could benefit greatly from that. But at the Sam time he could benefit greatly from having a great go to WR.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Isn't the definition of a #1 WR just the best WR on your team? :whistle:
hmmm....

I wanted both Watkins and Matthews. The Rams have a need for both. Dominant #1 WRs seem to be harder to find these days as OLTs. I really want the Rams to fix the Oline. Sam could benefit greatly from that. But at the Sam time he could benefit greatly from having a great go to WR.

Why not get both, trade down from 2 to 4 with Cleveland take Watkins, use 13 and 26 to trade up to number 5 and take Matthews.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Why not get both, trade down from 2 to 4 with Cleveland take Watkins, use 13 and 26 to trade up to number 5 and take Matthews.
We should also put strategically placed nitro bombs in the SF/SEA war rooms on draft day while we're at it. (y)

We should also put strategically placed nitro bombs in the SF/SEA war rooms on draft day while we're at it. (y)

What's a nitro bomb? I don't want anyone getting killed, although I wouldn't mind some serious disfigurement for CrapOnDick.

laramsoriginal

Starter

I'll attempt to one up you;

After your first trade, select Sammy at 4, Mike Evans at 13, LG Yankey at 26 then finally RB Hyde with a 2nd round pick. Lol talk about revamping the offense.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What's a nitro bomb? I don't want anyone getting killed, although I wouldn't mind some serious disfigurement for CrapOnDick.
Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas
At room temperature, it is a colourless, non-flammablegas, with a slightly sweet odor and taste. It is known as "laughing gas" due to the euphoric effects of inhaling it, a property that has led to its recreational use as adissociative anaesthetic
th

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yeah I agree. If we gamble and come up short then we may as well stick with the guys we have. A better O-line could make a huge impact, alone. We can do both, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just thought I'd post, Mike Evans checked in at 6'5"(6'4.75") 231 at the combine today.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Give me Watkins at #2 and Ha Ha at #13.

You O-Line lovers can have FA and the rest of the draft.

That decision is FINAL btw.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just thought I'd post, Mike Evans checked in at 6'5"(6'4.75") 231 at the combine today.

No one cares about Evans!!!! We want to know about Watkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: