Rams Draft Thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
While, I might not personally think the Rams Draft was great I do think after reading about their picks they did much better than I originally thought and several of their picks do seem to have quite a bit of upside!

BUT, The below Grades this one Guy gives the Rams is not very flattering at all! I really don’t think I will lose much sleep due to this person’s opinion! Overall, I think the Rams did quite well even if they didn’t select ANY of the players I was hoping they would pick!!!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The guy is a moron. Says the Rams have been searching for a quality edge since Fowler left?

I think we found one in Floyd...last year.

Plus doesn't like Harris due to him being a WR. Well, he will be a developmental TE. Taking Hopkins role from last yr and is considered a great special teams guy.

Also, these draft heads never like special team driven picks because they don't look at the big picture where you need core special teams guys when putting a roster together.

Lastly, his dislike of the Jones pick seems off. Heard a local NFL legendary sportswriter in Philly yesterday, always has a good handle on the draft. He had Jones as one of his top under the radar LBs that he wanted the Eagles to draft. Also was hoping the Eagles could get Rochell on the start of day 3.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
The fact that the Rams for the most part draft for the future, rather than to plug holes right away shows me how better off they are than in the past.
Between GSOT and McVay's arrival, the best time of the year as a Rams fan for me was FA and draft, as that was the only to hope that the Rams would.
Now the draft is for the most part uneventful. In many ways I hope that it stays this way a long time.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The fact that the Rams for the most part draft for the future, rather than to plug holes right away shows me how better off they are than in the past.
Between GSOT and McVay's arrival, the best time of the year as a Rams fan for me was FA and draft, as that was the only to hope that the Rams would.
Now the draft is for the most part uneventful. In many ways I hope that it stays this way a long time.

SORRY!!! Definitely NOT what I thought I posted!!! I thought I checked it but apparently I did NOT do a very good job!!! Don’t think I will try to attach anything in the future!!!

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
SORRY!!! Definitely NOT what I thought I posted!!! I thought I checked it but apparently I did NOT do a very good job!!! Don’t think I will try to attach anything in the future!!!
My comment was in response to so called experts grades. They are meaningless.
Had no issues with your analysis.
I woke up grumpy I guess

fearsomefour

Legend
It was a strange draft.
But, as @CanadaRam said, the fact the team can draft for the future shows how much better off and balanced the team is now than in the past.
I see a couple of developmental TEs in the WR picks.
Tutu and the LB are interesting picks to me as they have a chance to contribute right away.
The total lack of OL is interesting.
My favorite pick is Bobby Brown.
I like what he brings to the DL rotation potentially.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Key UFAs in 2022:

SJD
Williams
Corbett
Noteboom
Obo
ILB room

We scored replacements for all except Corbett and Noteboom - so if the OL ends up looking like this for 2021: Whitworth/Edwards/Corbett/Evans/Hav

All we have to do is re-sign Corbett and Noteboom, then backfill with depth. Replacing Whit with Noteboom being the question mark, but we've seen him at LT and won with him.

I believe that the way we drafted, Williams and SJD will be gone.

That will make next year pretty cut and dry:

Well need to draft two OL
A CB
Two ILBs

And we will probably have ten picks. So no issue there.

What we need to happen: Corbett to be better than Blythe, and Evans/Anchrum to be as good as Corbett at guard.

Burgess/Rapp to be at least an average player in replacing JJ.

Someone to step up at SCB.

Another pass rusher to emerge - whether that's Hollins, Lewis or Obo.

I think there's a solid chance all those things happen - and if they do, we will be the best team in the NFL this year and will be set up perfectly for the future if we can retain Corbett and Noteboom

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My comment was in response to so called experts grades. They are meaningless.
Had no issues with your analysis.
I woke up grumpy I guess

Thanks CanadaRam! I just have a real problem adding Attachments & Links! They NEVER go up how I saw them!!! And, That Article/Analysis was Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! I would LOVE to revisit this Rams Draft with this author in a few years!!
I think this Rams Draft Class will be just FINE (Actually, I think it will be Very, VERY Good!!!)!