Rams/Draft Rumors, News and Notes from Twitter: May 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Some Tweets About the Rams and the Draft

***Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

Probably obvious, but, Chris Mortensen said Sam Bradford “would likely go on the trade market” if #Rams used a 1st-rd pick on a quarterback.

On NFL Insiders, Polian said best fit for Bridgewater is #Rams at 13. “Indoor building helps greatly.” Mort said AFC South or a dome team.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen on #Alabama QB A.J. McCarron: “I know one team that loves him as a possible late first, early second rounder.”

In @BobMcGinn’s poll of 17 NFL personnel men, 8 voted Manziel this year’s Top QB. 4 voted Bortles, 2 Teddy, 2 Carr

Bill Polian on Aaron Donald: “He is the 3 technique of my dreams. … An incredible mismatch vs. guards in pass protection & pass rush.”

Quarterback is — easily — the most difficult NFL position to eval & project. Incredible how definitively people speak about these guys.

***Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

In #KiperMcShay mock,Mel took Sammy Watkins at 2. Jake Matthews fell to Bills at 9. If that happened,BUF would probably get a call from 314.

In #KiperMcShay mock, Todd took Notre Dame OL Zack Martin for Rams at 13. A Watkins/Martin first round would be a boon for offense in need.

Off-air the #KiperMcShay mock went 3 rounds. #Rams added S Jimmie Ward in 2nd and OL Trai Turner in third (Insider).

Three QBs went in #Kiper-McShay mock first round. Bridgewater wasn’t one of them. Think more will go, teams moving up, 5th-year option valued.

NFL released list of former players announcing second-round picks for their teams. Former DE Kevin Carter will announce for the Rams.

***Jim Thomas @jthom1

Add another QB to Rams private workout list. According to agent Leigh Steinberg, Rams worked out SMU’s Garrett Gilbert this week.

Former Rams WR Kevin Curtis to participate in St. George 70.3 Ironman Triathlon Saturday in St. George, Utah.

A couple of other former Rams will get some TV time in Round 2. LB London Fletcher makes pick for Redskins; CB Aeneas Williams for Cardinals

DE Kevin Carter, the first “St. Louis” Rams draft pick in 1995, will announce the team’s 2nd-round pick on May 9

Carter, of course, also played for Jeff Fisher in Tennessee following 6 seasons in StL. Carter led NFL with 17 sacks for Rams in 1999.

***Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Talked about some possible trade partners for #Texans & No. 1 tonight. Among the teams: #Falcons & the #Bills

And just to be clear, because some have inquired, the #Falcons are still among those considering dealing for No. 1 overall pick

Several teams interested in picking #Clemson’s Sammy Watkins also see him as a kick returner, I’m told. Huge element

#Texans GM Rick Smith: “If we take the first pick, we know who we want.” Asked for his initials, Smith laughs. Then doesn’t spill it.

Heard from 2 top scouts who believe #Florida DT Dominique Easley goes in 1st round, even with torn ACL. Would be a shocker… but he’s a beast

Good comparison for Notre Dame OL Zack Martin: He’s Logan Mankins. Both played OT in college, both could play G in @NFL

Folks I talk to think Martin can play all five positions. Huge for teams to have that flexibility.

I’ve asked every evaluator I’ve talked with to rank the WRs. Different answer every time after the top 2. Fascinating to see it shake out.

Read All Rams/Draft Tweets