Rams Draft Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
I was reading this draft page today, and it detailed what the Rams should look to do in the draft. I liked the idea of drafting a QB like Carson Wentz in the 2nd or 3rd, as I imagine Goff and Paxton Lynch will be gone at our pick. What do you think of these ideas? Should we stack a WR in round 1 and a QB in round two like the Bengals did in 2012?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams are tied for the 10th worst record, mocks now have to cover all possibilities from winning the Super Bowl, this expected mid-pick scenario, or if they earn a top 5 pick and would be in the running for one of the top QB prospects.

FRO

Legend
I may be alone, but I'm not sold on Wentz. The arm talent is there and he is a great runner. That being said I wish the ball was coming out quicker and he appears to drop his head a bit when scrambling. Maybe I just have tunnel vision for Goff.

Stel

Starter
I may be alone, but I'm not sold on Wentz. The arm talent is there and he is a great runner. That being said I wish the ball was coming out quicker and he appears to drop his head a bit when scrambling. Maybe I just have tunnel vision for Goff.

You may be a bit hard on Wentz. Goff may be out of reach for us. I'm not sold on him yet but I'm going to watch a lot of video to see if I buy in to him. I think we'll likely have to trade up to get him. I like Wentz in the second but acknowledge there are no sure things and he'll likely need a year before he sees the field. Of course, I think all of them should carry a clip board for a year but that isn't the way it seems to go these days.

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that the Rams are tied for the 10th worst record, mocks now have to cover all possibilities from winning the Super Bowl, this expected mid-pick scenario, or if they earn a top 5 pick and would be in the running for one of the top QB prospects.

So true. I have a feeling we'll play ourselves our of the top QBs though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I describe him as having heavy motor skills. Heavy legs, heavy throwing motion. I am not sold on Wentz right now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not taking a WR over a guy that I think is a potential franchise QB.

nighttrain

Legend
Now that the Rams are tied for the 10th worst record, mocks now have to cover all possibilities from winning the Super Bowl, this expected mid-pick scenario, Rams earn a top 5 pick and would be in the running for one of the top QB prospects.
Bolded is where i think this team is headed
train