Rams draft pick Tyler Higbee to be arraigned on assault charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Anyway.....

200.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My buddy got one of these (as well as a few other hidden gun cases) and is just waiting for someone to break in so he can use it.

1781097706aea788d49b061a28eca93f.jpg
I bought a fingerprint activated hand gunsafe. I had my hand guns just for shooting target and they were in a safe in the basement. My dog barked and I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall, and saw the back door slam. I didn't chase at first because I wanted to make sure I wasn't letting someone else in the house with my family. So I ran around checking all over. The dumb ass was parked up the street and before hitting my house he was siphoning gas from the neighbors car. He stole a can and wrote his name on it. He forgot to take the can with him. Stupid.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If the guy was in Higbee's face and barking at him then he is provoking a fight. I don't know how big he is but most of the time a guy won't pick a fight with someone the size/build of Higbee. Clearly booze related and neither of them showed a lot of clear thinking.

There are a lot of things here that don't smell right. IMO it was two drunk overly macho guys and one of them got sucker punched. Unfortunately going down and hitting his head has caused a lot of harm.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This was not a planned criminal action like a break-in.

He hit a guy that was stalking his girlfriend. The dude needs to shut his cake hole and be glad he didn't take a longer curb nap. :dizzy:
:fuelfire: :D

Dismissed. Next case.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Tyler Higbee - TE - Rams
Rams fourth-round TE Tyler Higbee is expected to plead not guilty to second-degree assault, second-degree evading police, and public intoxication charges on Thursday.

Higbee was arrested on April 10 for allegedly assaulting a man outside a Bowling Green club. The man was reportedly unconscious for at least 20 minutes before being transported to the hospital in serious condition. He has since been released. Higbee claims the alleged victim was "getting close to his girlfriend" and "stuck his head" in Higbee's face. Higbee allegedly fled the scene after the altercation and was found "heavily intoxicated" hiding behind trees at a nearby church. Regardless of the outcome of the trial, Higbee is likely looking at league discipline.

Source: USA Today
May 4 - 7:04 PM

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This thread has the potential to become extremely divisive so I'll have to take off my Rams hat

$_3.JPG

and put on my Mod hat.

harter_arbeitsmoderator_trucker_kappe-r943ea48fe7ee498d8fce5095eed41a0e_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

in order to remind everyone to........

12013731-Be-kind-to-one-another-yellow-road-sign-Stock-Photo-kind.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just know I did something like that.Weird trip.Sometimes it is reaction.The reason why he ran was because he knew he did wrong.Just my opinion from the minor info I have.
Did he hit & run ?? Maybe he didn't know how bad the guy was hurt,just knew to try to escape.Screwed all together.
B Tough lessen , but at the end of the day might make him a better person.

bluecoconuts

Legend
"He's just waiting for someone to break in so he can use [his gun]."

That's why I put it in bold. Nobody trained in defense thinks that way because it's psychopathic. I'm a concealed carrier and own about 20 rifles/shotguns/handguns. I would never want to be in the situation where I had to use a firearm on another human being; I certainly don't anticipate it.

He's just joking, former Marine Infantryman, it's grunt humor bro don't take it so seriously. Additionally the guy making the joke is one of the best shooters I've ever seen, as well as incredibly safe with his firearms. We all are. If you ever do have to shoot someone don't lose your sense of humor over it.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really think this is a really big life lesson happening at a really bad time. I think (hope really) that he will learn from this and become a little bit wiser for it. Here's hoping it works out for the team and Higbee.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Tyler Higbee - TE - Rams
Rams fourth-round TE Tyler Higbee is expected to plead not guilty to second-degree assault, second-degree evading police, and public intoxication charges on Thursday.

Higbee was arrested on April 10 for allegedly assaulting a man outside a Bowling Green club. The man was reportedly unconscious for at least 20 minutes before being transported to the hospital in serious condition. He has since been released. Higbee claims the alleged victim was "getting close to his girlfriend" and "stuck his head" in Higbee's face. Higbee allegedly fled the scene after the altercation and was found "heavily intoxicated" hiding behind trees at a nearby church. Regardless of the outcome of the trial, Higbee is likely looking at league discipline.

How can he be disciplined? He wasn't employed by the NFL at the time? What am I missing?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tyler Higbee - TE - Rams

LA TIMES
Tyler Higbee, a tight end from Western Kentucky who was drafted by the Rams, appeared in court Thursday and entered a plea of not guilty to charges related to an altercation that led to his arrest in Kentucky last month, his attorney said.

Higbee’s next court date is June 17, attorney Brian Lowder said.

Higbee, a fourth-round pick, is scheduled to participate in the Rams’ rookie orientation and mini-camp that begins Friday in Oxnard.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Raise your hand if anyone of you would protect your gf or wife if someone is following you and harassing you.
Add alcohol to the mix.

I sure would've punched the dude. I'm not going to judge him and speculate why he did what he did. I'm not a violent person, but I would've knocked the crap out of the other person if he came up on me and my woman. Doesn't mean a person enraged with steriods and crap like that, you just have to understand the situation.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
I'm not so worried about the punch, I'm more worried about the "Johnny Football" similarities. Wish I could do a gif but that's out of the question at this time. But if they picked him, they know a hell of a lot more than I do, all's good. (y)

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe Higbee will not be charged and will proceed to tear it up for the Rams.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
I should clarify my position. I stated before I had no problem with his response and I stand behind that. Jump on me for that but I've been in situations where I have been jumped on by drunken people and responded with what I thought was appropriate at the time. Never lost a fight and don't intend to in the future. Now days, I'd rather face the 12 than the six. :(

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

so many conflicting reports. you don't know what's real until they have their day in court. the truth always comes out in there.

But will the black leather gloves fit, if forced to try them on in court?