Rams draft pick Tyler Higbee to be arraigned on assault charge

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
Love that "Bandit". Didn't he get in a lot of trouble?

Back to Higbee. The police report of him running away is not good. The other guy's drinking "DUI" history not good either. Like I wrote earlier it's hard to know exactly why Higbee punched him.

fancents86

Starter
Maybe not, but I'd definitely be siding with him based on what I feel is the truth.
Only because I've been in a similar situation.
We've all been in a similar situation in Higbees case, but how many people, especially now middle easterners at the moment, have been in a situation that other reports are indicating? Just bc you may have been in a similar situation does not validate the truth in any case.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We've all been in a similar situation in Higbees case, but how many people, especially now middle easterners at the moment, have been in a situation that other reports are indicating? Just bc you may have been in a similar situation does not validate the truth in any case.
I didn't say it validated the truth.
You insinuated that some of us are only siding with him because he's on the team. I told you why that's not accurate in my case.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I particularly liked the part where Higbee said "he just knew" the guy was calling for some friends to come back him up on the phone, despite it being in another language.

That type of cerebral diagnosis will do him well while lined up against opposing safeties and linebackers.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I particularly liked the part where Higbee said "he just knew" the guy was calling for some friends to come back him up on the phone, despite it being in another language.

That type of cerebral diagnosis will do him well while lined up against opposing safeties and linebackers.

I can actually believe that. You're in a confrontation with somebody - he suddenly grabs his phone, and calls somebody. Being on the edge of a fight, is he likely to be checking if his friend still wants to see the latest Disney flick tomorrow, or is it more likely he's calling for reinforcements? My money would be on the latter, especially if he continues the confrontation, instead of moving away after pursuing you for a while.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so many conflicting reports. you don't know what's real until they have their day in court. the truth always comes out in there.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can actually believe that. You're in a confrontation with somebody - he suddenly grabs his phone, and calls somebody. Being on the edge of a fight, is he likely to be checking if his friend still wants to see the latest Disney flick tomorrow, or is it more likely he's calling for reinforcements? My money would be on the latter, especially if he continues the confrontation, instead of moving away after pursuing you for a while.
Yeah, you wouldn't even have to hear a word he was saying to maybe have that cross your mind. He probably wasn't calling mommie to let her know he was going to be late getting back to her basement.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It was slang well before that in some areas.

In Detriot which has a huge Arab population I heard it when I used to go there in the mid 80's in my early 20's through late 20's.

It was common even then.

Ah interesting, I always assumed it grew out of the invasion, that's when I started hearing about it... I called em something else anyway, so it wasn't a term I used.:sneaky:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry to hear about the break in. That had to be scary for you and the rest of the people in the house.
I'm not sure what the team or league will do to Higbee in the meantime if he takes the case to trial. League disciplinary action has been a little inconsistent and unpredictable for a while now.

Thanks, my wife and kids were really scared. I was really mad. When it comes to flight or fight instinct I have always been one to fight. My daughter won't sleep in her own room, my son's are still worried he is around and I have to admit that I am happy we now have an alarm system, despite the odds of being burglarized again are pretty slim. We go away now and then for the weekend and I like knowing there is some line of defense while we are away.

The guy was an addict looking for pills mostly.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thanks, my wife and kids were really scared. I was really mad. When it comes to flight or fight instinct I have always been one to fight. My daughter won't sleep in her own room, my son's are still worried he is around and I have to admit that I am happy we now have an alarm system, despite the odds of being burglarized again are pretty slim. We go away now and then for the weekend and I like knowing there is some line of defense while we are away.

The guy was an addict looking for pills mostly.

My buddy got one of these (as well as a few other hidden gun cases) and is just waiting for someone to break in so he can use it.

1781097706aea788d49b061a28eca93f.jpg

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
My buddy got one of these (as well as a few other hidden gun cases) and is just waiting for someone to break in so he can use it.

1781097706aea788d49b061a28eca93f.jpg

That's such a psychopathic way to view life. It's people with views like that who give the rest of us a poor reputation.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
That's such a psychopathic way to view life. It's people with views like that who give the rest of us a poor reputation.

Not to stir the pot but.....you think home defense is psychopathic?

Because I read the guy had a way to protect himself and perhaps his family, yet you read that the guy was waiting to run down to the quad to mow people down?

:thinking:

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Not to stir the pot but.....you think home defense is psychopathic?

Because I read the guy had a way to protect himself and perhaps his family, yet you read that the guy was waiting to run down to the quad to mow people down?

:thinking:

"He's just waiting for someone to break in so he can use [his gun]."

That's why I put it in bold. Nobody trained in defense thinks that way because it's psychopathic. I'm a concealed carrier and own about 20 rifles/shotguns/handguns. I would never want to be in the situation where I had to use a firearm on another human being; I certainly don't anticipate it.

Last edited:

…..

Legend
"He's just waiting for someone to break in so he can use [his gun]."

That's why I put it in bold. Nobody trained in defense thinks that way because it's psychopathic. I'm a concealed carrier and own about 20 rifles/shotguns/handguns. I would never want to be in the situation where I had to use a firearm on another human being; I certainly don't anticipate it.

Ok...still, I'm pretty sure it was a statement made in jest...

And I'm pretty sure an actual psychopath would have already done something psychopathic.

But we're probably splitting hairs here. Some people say "I hate that guy" with ease....while others think "wow....hate is an awful strong word"

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Ok...still, I'm pretty sure it was a statement made in jest...

And I'm pretty sure an actual psychopath would have already done something psychopathic.

But we're probably splitting hairs here. Some people say "I hate that guy" with ease....while others think "wow....hate is an awful strong word"

I don't joke when it comes to firearms or taking someone's life. I missed out on that part of class. Maybe if others took firearms that serious, there wouldn't be so many gun-related, accidental deaths. Heyyo!!!

Also in poor taste in a thread where another Rams fan shared his experience with a home invasion.

But I mean nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, & everybody's gonna die, right? Haha derp.

…..

Legend
I don't joke when it comes to firearms or taking someone's life. I missed out on that part of class.

Also in bad taste in a thread where another Rams fan shared his experience with a home invasion.

yeah well....now you're just plain judgmental and snippity to me.....

have a good day.