Rams' Draft Needs Include Upgrading Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams don't like what they're seeing at 15 at QB, value will probably dictate going defense or trading out. I don't see Treadwell being there at 15. DE meanwhile is loaded in round 1, MLB Ragland should be there, will most likely be one of several CBs that could go in the first half of round 1, as well as DT might be there.
We need offense & after going offense big we go offense again & then drafting some more offense ......said all that ......NO WAY Fisher will pass on Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson if he is still on the board with that #15 pick. I would have no issues with that either. I sure do not see Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell making it past Chip Kelly. But the Ravens who picks right before the 9ers is also WR deprived too. I truly believe and posted before that this draft is DL rich and Fisher could end up with another Aaron Donald type player in our DL with that #15 pick if those 3 QB's are gone.

I would be fine with using our 4th #111 pick on a Dak Prescott Mississippi State or a Kevin Hogan Stanford and a Jake Coker or a Cardale Jones with our 6th #193 selection and see what shakes out.

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We need offense & after going offense big we go offense again & then drafting some more offense ......said all that ......NO WAY Fisher will pass on Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson if he is still on the board with that #15 pick. I would have no issues with that either. I sure do not see Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell making it past Chip Kelly. But the Ravens who picks right before the 9ers is also WR deprived too. I truly believe and posted before that this draft is DL rich and Fisher could end up with another Aaron Donald type player in our DL with that #15 pick if those 3 QB's are gone.

I would be fine with using our 4th #111 pick on a Dak Prescott Mississippi State or a Kevin Hogan Stanford and a Jake Coker or a Cardale Jones with our 6th #193 selection and see what shakes out.

You are realistic, I like that ! taking the best player available has built a great defense, I see Kevin Hogan and Cardale jones being just as good as Paxton lynch. Either way all of them are a year or 2 away from making an impact.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I respect the heck out of ya, but disagree with you on this. With only 6 picks and a 3rd rounder who barely took a snap in 2015, I cant see the Rams affording to take a flyer on a QB late, unless they are giving up on Mannion.
I'm ok with drafting a QB early, as long as he's starting game 1

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I respect the heck out of ya, but disagree with you on this. With only 6 picks and a 3rd rounder who barely took a snap in 2015, I cant see the Rams affording to take a flyer on a QB late, unless they are giving up on Mannion.
I'm ok with drafting a QB early, as long as he's starting game 1
We are on the same page here dieterbrock. My position mentioned in your above reply was IF the 3 top QB's were off the board before we picked. I was not suggesting that we go into the draft with this as plan A or plan B stuff.

I want one of those top 3 QB's real bad ....real bad. I would not mind if both Nick & case were beat out in pre season by other unknown unnamed QB's. I consider both weak and do not bring much if anything to the most powerful premium NFL team position.

From my limited knowledge position Mannion has most all the physical tools needed to start in the NFL......Mannion issues was between his ears being very very GREEN. Fisher needs to get him all the QB action possible in TC & pre season if we miss out on one of those talented draft prospects.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't see much of anything with Foles, Keenum, or Mannion so... who cares? :whistle:

All true, but our HC may be of a different opinion, ... we may need to prepare ourselves for an outcome other than the demands of fans on a forum.