Rams draft list 2002 - Present

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I know this a deviation form the usual type of posts but thought I would share with my fellow Rams fans the Attached PDF file from a tab in a spreadsheet I keep of the Rams roster. This PDF lists the players Drafted by the Rams since 2002.

Rams Draft List Present - 2002.pdf

It is color coded to reflect players still on the Rams Roster and still in the league. Below the list of those drafted for each years is a list of Undrafted Free Agents currently on the Roster that have been on the active roster for 8 or more games. Finally I have added the notable free agents the Rams currently have on the roster listed under the year they were drafted.

I hope that the most of the columns are self explanatory. One column I recently added was number of games played/active, Which I though was quite informative. Hopefully some of you will find this interesting to review.

Notable things that jump out for me:
You can see just how bad the 2006 and 2007 drafts really were, especially 2006.
Only 3 pro bowlers have been drafted by the Rams since the 2000 draft (this list only shows through 2002)

Note: I cannot Guarantee this is fully error free but I promise that it has been thoroughly researched. Much of this is a compilation of information I have continuously updated in a spreadsheet that I began 8 years ago to keep track of the Rams roster.

Attachments

• Rams Draft List Present - 2002.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 242

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Great job Noregar (Welcome by the way!!).

It really does highlight how poor drafts have a rather large ripple effect on an organisation. There really are some hideous names that I have tried very hard to forget on that list.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Forget Pro Bowlers, look how many players aren't even on our team anymore. Let alone the guys who aren't even in the NFL in general. Not hard to find why the Rams are unsuccessful when 85% of their draft picks in the last 10 years are either journeymen or out of football.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
While this list is awesome and much appreciated I feel that it requires perspective in the sense of other more successful teams. I'm not expecting you to go compiling a list for every football team, but for people wanting to draw conclusions from this list there is important information that you don't have.

For example, how do you know that 85% of draft picks becoming journeymen or out of the league in the last 10 years is not uncommon? How much does this percentage deviate from the rest of the NFL?

Take this list for what it is, use it to see where some of these names may have ended up, but drawing a conclusion about our team based off just our team would be grossly inaccurate.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is amazing. Just look at how much more quality players the Rams have picked up in the Fisher/Snead era. In the years before, the bust rate was at a ridiculous level. Our management is finally NFL caliber so that we can compete with the big boys.