Rams Draft - I Am Not Greedy!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Although, I my personal preference for their two 1st round picks (assuming there are no trades involved) are Jadeveon Clowney (#2) and Taylor Lewan (#13) I will be more than happy if the Rams draft Clowney, Watkins or Robinson with their #2 pick and either Lewan, WR Mike Evans, DT Aaron Donald, LB C.J. Mosley, CB Justin Gilbert, CB Darqueze Dennard, S Calvin Pryor or S Hasean Clinton-Dix with their 13th pick.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I don't think it will happen but can you imagine our D if we picked up Clowney at #2 and Donald at #13 after signing Verner in FA?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I thought this was a trade thread.

After ALL we've heard about how deep this draft is ,it's clear there will be first round caliber talent through most of the second round so I envision at least one if not two trade downs and think Clowney can't POSSIBLY render the impact trading that pick can.
Right now I say we trade both our firsts to Cleveland for their two firsts a first next year a second and a fourth this year. ( that's pretty well by the numbers)
Then we take their 1.4 trade down again 2-4 slots and pick up another second , still end up with a top five kid cuz QB's are going to push the top five position players down. That would give us 5 picks in a talent pool of first round caliber players.
This is a good year to trade down and a better year to have the second overall when you aren't in the market for a QB.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yup. We will lose games by the score of 2-0.
You very well could be right. That is exactly why I would never advocate those 2 selections, but that D could be scary good.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought this was a trade thread.

After ALL we've heard about how deep this draft is ,it's clear there will be first round caliber talent through most of the second round so I envision at least one if not two trade downs and think Clowney can't POSSIBLY render the impact trading that pick can.
Right now I say we trade both our firsts to Cleveland for their two firsts a first next year a second and a fourth this year. ( that's pretty well by the numbers)
Then we take their 1.4 trade down again 2-4 slots and pick up another second , still end up with a top five kid cuz QB's are going to push the top five position players down. That would give us 5 picks in a talent pool of first round caliber players.
This is a good year to trade down and a better year to have the second overall when you aren't in the market for a QB.

I would think the Browns would want to fully optimize the wealth of 2014 draft value banked with their seven selections in the first four rounds since this draft is really so deep. I am sure that the Browns would love to trade the Rams all the future UNKNOWN picks as possible since most of the best 2015 prospects are in this 2014 draft.

A Brown 1.4-1.26-2.35 & a 4.123 has a value close to 3100 point values. The draft value of the Rams 1.2-1.13 alone is 3750 in draft value points loss of draft value in 2014 for the Rams. No way to know how much draft value that Brown future first would be in a bad 2015 draft? That trade scenario would leave the Rams with a 1.4-1.26-2.35 & 4.123 for this yrs great draft & the Browns with two very high first round picks in a great draft 1.2 & 1.13 that would be a good deal for the Browns...they would do it. Not really sure just how much that Brown 2nd rounder would be worth it?

I would prefer not to deal in future unknown draft picks this 2014 draft with unknown value with a highly probable weak upcoming 2015 draft myself Thordaddy that's just me being conservative. Plus I am still not sold that all these QB's are going as high and being reached for as most all do. It Did not happen in the last draft...stranger things have happened. If for instant the top four QB's did NOT go early then that Rams 1.13 could contain much more value than realized thus making it easier for teams trying to use what meager draft capital they have to trade up to get the sliding QB's there @ 1.13. Never know you could get a multiple draft picks to be utilized throughout the second day & third days of the draft getting exactly who you want like Zac Stacy trade.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
With 2014 being a deep draft, and probable slim pickings in 2015, relatively speaking, I don't think the Rams have a chance of getting the traditional trade value chart compensation for additional 2014 picks. They'll be more likely to receive better future draft compensation, but I'm lukewarm to the idea that the Rams need to have another 2015 1st round pick at the expense of more 2nd day picks this year. Finish building the team this year as much as possible. Then, if you have to replace Bradford, you trade up in 2015 to get his replacement and bite the bullet on the draft cost (within reason, of course). If they draft wisely this year, and with such a young team, they should be OK with fewer draft picks for a year or 2. Gotta finish building the OL and dominating D, and hope Bradford is the answer going forward.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
So You Guys Think We Will Just SucK On Offense Then??
I think I agree with Fisher when he said we need to add pieces that get us to score more points.

And I agree with Martz and Kosar who said Sam is hampered by not having WRs that get separation.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Rams should trade down multiple times with both their 1st round picks. Imagine the holes/depth the rams can fill with two 1st round picks and four 2nd round picks????

They can go OL, S, OLB, CB, DT, OL. All 6 players would be taken in the top 60. Incredible quality.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
QUOTE="max, post: 267375, member: 126"]I think I agree with Fisher when he said we need to add pieces that get us to score more points.

I Agree.But I Think We Can BE Better Than Some Think. Certainly Not 2-0 Games.
And I agree with Martz and Kosar who said Sam is hampered by not having WRs that get separation.[/QUOTE]
i

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I would think the Browns would want to fully optimize the wealth of 2014 draft value banked with their seven selections in the first four rounds since this draft is really so deep. I am sure that the Browns would love to trade the Rams all the future UNKNOWN picks as possible since most of the best 2015 prospects are in this 2014 draft.

A Brown 1.4-1.26-2.35 & a 4.123 has a value close to 3100 point values. The draft value of the Rams 1.2-1.13 alone is 3750 in draft value points loss of draft value in 2014 for the Rams. No way to know how much draft value that Brown future first would be in a bad 2015 draft? That trade scenario would leave the Rams with a 1.4-1.26-2.35 & 4.123 for this yrs great draft & the Browns with two very high first round picks in a great draft 1.2 & 1.13 that would be a good deal for the Browns...they would do it. Not really sure just how much that Brown 2nd rounder would be worth it?

I would prefer not to deal in future unknown draft picks this 2014 draft with unknown value with a highly probable weak upcoming 2015 draft myself Thordaddy that's just me being conservative. Plus I am still not sold that all these QB's are going as high and being reached for as most all do. It Did not happen in the last draft...stranger things have happened. If for instant the top four QB's did NOT go early then that Rams 1.13 could contain much more value than realized thus making it easier for teams trying to use what meager draft capital they have to trade up to get the sliding QB's there @ 1.13. Never know you could get a multiple draft picks to be utilized throughout the second day & third days of the draft getting exactly who you want like Zac Stacy trade.
My Math shows 1.4 /1800, 1.26 /700 ,2.4/540, 4.4 100 or 3140 I then valued that future first the same as the first pick of the second round or 580 grand total 3720.
That then doesn't include the ability to trade down one more time from 4 to 8 and get a second to boot and still get one of the top 5 or 6 position players I say six cuz Mike Evans aint much if any out of the top 5 and three QB's are going to go in the top 7 picks.
With five picks in the first two rounds we could fill every hole with young inexpensive talent .
The Browns almost have to draft a QB, their fans are in open rebellion,I think we can get that deal and have "that draft".