Rams draft a QB at #13!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Agreed. He'd probably be the Best Pick Available at #13. I love Bradford, but we need a viable backup. And with Bradford's cap... you never know.
You don't draft a "viable backup" early in the first round......

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I vote for Aaron Murray as the developmental QB

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's actually not a bad backup at all.

Yeah, man, I really hope we sign him. I'm hoping Melton signing with DAL stirs those talks.

I think Hill knows the Rams's offer is and he's just testing the waters. That's pretty much how it goes. If the money is close he'll be a Ram.

Snisher is on a "we won't overpay" trend. Overpaying was so last year... ;)

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
No way i'd touch Manziel, no matter how far he falls. Has bust written all over him for me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
No way i'd touch Manziel, no matter how far he falls. Has bust written all over him for me.

And... Why take a QB this year that high? Makes no sense to take that gamble on SO MANY fronts.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
And... Why take a QB this year that high? Makes no sense to take that gamble on SO MANY fronts.
Huh? I don't understand... I don't want a QB until Rnd 4 or later. I'm probably about as big a Sam Bradford fan as anyone on this board. Was just saying in general, i think Manziel will bust.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Huh? I don't understand... I don't want a QB until Rnd 4 or later. I'm probably about as big a Sam Bradford fan as anyone on this board. Was just saying in general, i think Manziel will bust.

I was agreeing with you! (y)

scifiman

I am so addicted to the nfl draft game. I just cant seem to get up to 5000 though. Here was my latest.
Round 1 Pick 4 (CLE): Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn (A)
Round 1 Pick 17 (BALT): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A-)
Round 1 Pick 26 (CLE): Jason Verrett, CB, TCU (B)
Round 2 Pick 12: David Yankey, OG, Stanford (A-)
Round 2 Pick 16 (BALT): Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (B)
Round 3 Pick 11: Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (CLE): Marcus Martin, C, Southern California (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington (A)
Round 5 Pick 13: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A-)
Round 6 Pick 12: Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA (B)
Round 7 Pick 11: Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (C-)

I think it would actually be a pretty good draft.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
You don't draft a "viable backup" early in the first round......

There's where we disagree. I'm all for drafting a 'viable backup' at pick #2 (Clowney). I'd prefer we move down, and I'll be happy with other players there, but I think Clowney is the best player in the draft.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
There's where we disagree. I'm all for drafting a 'viable backup' at pick #2 (Clowney). I'd prefer we move down, and I'll be happy with other players there, but I think Clowney is the best player in the draft.
I was only referring to the QB position. If you draft ANOTHER top-five QB it means the means the one you already have is done. Sam is far from done, he is going to kick ass this year.
Clowney at two? I don't personally want that, but the minute we draft him, I'm his biggest fan....

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

Johnny Football. I realize I'm a JF homer, but even I couldn't make this up. ;)

IMHO that's why these two yahoos are not employed by football teams.

If the Rams draft Manziel with one of their first round choices, I may seriously consider dropping the Rams as my team after over 40 years as a fan. If they draft Johnny Football in the first, IMHO that tells me Snisher certainly can't judge QB talent and or have no intention of constructing a winning football team. Either way, I may have to excuse myself from their fan base.

JF is a fourth round talent......'maybe' a fourth round talent that is.......maybe should not be drafted at all.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMHO that's why these two yahoos are not employed by football teams.

If the Rams draft Manziel with one of their first round choices, I may seriously consider dropping the Rams as my team after over 40 years as a fan. If they draft Johnny Football in the first, IMHO that tells me Snisher certainly can't judge QB talent and or have no intention of constructing a winning football team. Either way, I may have to excuse myself from their fan base.

JF is a fourth round talent......'maybe' a fourth round talent that is.......maybe should not be drafted at all.

Yeah, he needs to go to a team with an offensive line and some talent at the skill positions. I'm sure he'll go in the first round though. The QB position is at a premium. I mean look at the guys that get drafted in the first round.

My guess is the Vikings. We'll see.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yeah, he needs to go to a team with an offensive line and some talent at the skill positions. I'm sure he'll go in the first round though. The QB position is at a premium. I mean look at the guys that get drafted in the first round.

My guess is the Vikings. We'll see.
With all the Tarkenton comparisons, that'd be quite the coincidence, huh?