Rams donate gear to Reseda area High School

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Anyone else notice that the LOS ANGELES Rams donated to Cleveland High, but not the CLEVELAND Browns? Looks good on the Rams, makes the Browns look like bitches.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anyone else notice that the LOS ANGELES Rams donated to Cleveland High, but not the CLEVELAND Browns? Looks good on the Rams, makes the Browns look like bitches.
This particular High School named Cleveland is in Reseda which is in between Thousand Oaks and Los Angeles actually :D

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
[QUOTE=" Rams donate gear to Cleveland area High School .[/QUOTE]

Seriously bad title.... the High School is named CLEVELAND HIGH and it is not in the Cleveland area... words, mean things.. ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
[QUOTE=" Rams donate gear to Cleveland area High School .

Seriously bad title.... the High School is named CLEVELAND HIGH and it is not in the Cleveland area... words, mean things.. ;)[/QUOTE]
You're welcome to read the thread and catch up with what happened :D

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Looks like the Rams really want to trace their roots back to the Cleveland Rams days.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
facepalm.jpg

Maybe a mod can change the title since it won't let me when I created it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's a happy ending for Cleveland High players after Rams come to the rescue

By Eric Sondheimer

[www.latimes.com]

Only weeks after being hired as the new football Coach at Reseda Cleveland last February, Matt Gentle faced the uncomfortable task of standing before his players and telling them that the nearly $7,000 raised for spirit packs had been stolen out of his office. The thief broke two windows and took the money from his desk.

Gentle tried to raise additional funds but to no avail. Then one of the players' parents, Samantha Koerner, took it upon herself to send an email to Kevin Demoff, executive vice president of the new professional football team in town, the Rams.

"I didn't think anyone would read it, let alone respond," she said. "Within five minutes, Mr. Demoff responded and said he would have his people on it."

On Tuesday afternoon in the Cleveland High gym, players were surprised by what they saw: TV cameras, cheerleaders, new cleats, new shorts, new gloves, new protective gear donated by the Rams, Adidas and Gamebreakers. And the real cheering started when Rams defensive end Robert Quinn walked through the gym door wearing a black sweatshirt that said, "The Land Football." Soon he was joining the team in the bleachers, taking selfies and offering a big smile.

"We love giving back to our community," Quinn said.

It was the first time since their move to Los Angeles that the Rams have stepped forward to show what they hope they will become _ a major contributor to the youth of the area.

"It's amazing," Cleveland quarterback Jason Levin said. "We've always been a bit of an underdog. For the Rams and Adidas to have been able to help us and care for the underdog is very much appreciated. It's a privilege to have all this."

Levin remembers the day his coach told the players about the theft.

"That was horrible and heartbreaking," he said.

An LAPD spokesman said fingerprints taken from the office produced no hits and the case remains open.

Gentle is just thankful that this players can move forward.

"For the Rams to reach out and stand by their word that they were going to take care of it means a lot of us," Gentle said.

The players shouted out in unison with Quinn afterward, "Go Rams."

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The school is located in Reseda, in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, California.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm so CONFUSED!!!:confused::dizzy:
I knew where the school was by doing a little research before posting. Not sure why the area got in the title but the board wouldn't let me edit my own post.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And their sports teams are named the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Their name comes from Grover Cleveland, and if you didn't know he is the President on the $1,000 bill.

Cleveland OH was named after Moses Cleaveland, and yes I spelled that properly.