Rams Doing Good Things Outside of Football

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rams Set to Build New Playground at Elementary School in Inglewood
Posted 21 hours ago

White_60_60_061913.jpg
Tiffany White Communications CoordinatorSpecial to therams.com
1-playgroundapp-social16.jpg

The Los Angeles Rams front office staff and players will converge upon Woodworth Elementary School to build a playground as part of the team’s annual community improvement project. The elementary school was selected to receive the playground after an open application process that allowed submissions from local schools, non-profits and communities in need. In addition to building the playground, the Rams will power wash the school and paint two murals. All equipment for the playground was provided by Playcraft Systems and Pacific Play Systems, the designer of the playground, will also be on hand to supervise the installation.

The Rams’ community improvement project is the cornerstone volunteer effort of the team’s “Staff Days of Service” program. Each month, the Rams close the office and spend time volunteering in the community. Since the program’s inception in 2009, the Rams’ staff has provided more than 11,000 hours of community service to local non-profits through the Staff Days of Service program.

RAMS COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT THROUGH THE YEARS:

· 2015 – Football Field Refurbishment for the Boys & Girls Club of Greater St. Louis – Herbert Hoover Club

· 2014 – Playground Build for Marygrove, a center dedicated to helping children impacted by abuse

· 2013 – Playground Build for Washington Elementary School, a grade school in the Normandy School district

· 2012 – Playground Build for Fairmont City Library Center

· 2011 – Playground Build for Giant Steps, a special education school for children on the autism spectrum

· 2010 – Playground Build for Monroe eMints Academy, a St. Louis Public School

· 2009 – Playground Build for a community park in East St. Louis

About the Los Angeles Rams
The Los Angeles Rams – Los Angeles’ original professional sports team – stand as one of the oldest franchises in the National Football League and since its founding in 1937, have garnered three World Championships and sent 29 of its members to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As a professional sports team, the organization is committed to being a valuable civic partner and serving the greater Los Angeles area 365 days a year. For more information visit www.therams.com and follow the Rams on Facebook and Twitter, @RamsNFL.

About the Woodworth Elementary School
Woodworth Elementary School is a unique urban elementary school located in Inglewood, California. At Woodworth, the school continuously strives for academic excellence on the part of all of their students. The staff and community work together to provide a positive and safe environment that promotes student learning and enriches students' life experiences through education.

About Pacific Play Systems, Inc.
At Pacific Play Systems, we design, supply and also install commercial playground equipment throughout various communities in Southern California and beyond. Our highly qualified design and installation team has an outstanding track record in the playground industry with a wide range of expertise in areas of design, manufacturing and installation of commercial playground equipment.For more information, visit www.pacificplayinc.com.

About Playcraft Systems
For over 25 years, Playcraft Systems™ has strived to produce the finest playground equipment in the industry. Our focus has always been on quality, innovation and value and it shows. For more information, visit www.playcraftsystems.com.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get that you don't like the man but a story about the Rams helping out in the community shouldn't automatically elicit a negative response from you. But I think you know that.

DenverRam

Starter
reason i came off like that, i felt the rams never really did enough for the community while in STL.

But you are right. Bad taste on my part. Sorry.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
About the Los Angeles Rams
The Los Angeles Rams – Los Angeles’ original professional sports team – stand as one of the oldest franchises in the National Football League and since its founding in 1937, have garnered three World Championships and sent 29 of its members to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. As a professional sports team, the organization is committed to being a valuable civic partner and serving the greater Los Angeles area 365 days a year. For more information visit www.therams.com and follow the Rams on Facebook and Twitter, @RamsNFL.
Really enjoyed the read, 503, Only 29 members to the Hall of Fame!?! Nice to know, BUT it seems like that number should be in the 'HUNDREDS'! JMHO ("H" is for HOMER!);):D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
reason i came off like that, i felt the rams never really did enough for the community while in STL.

But you are right. Bad taste on my part. Sorry.
It's cool. I get it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are just continuing their great community work and it's great to see.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
It's the whole notion that a rising tide raises all boats. The team, with all of its NFL money, has the ability to meet many of the needs in the community. Positively affecting hundreds of lives.

The cynical thing is to dismiss it as PR. Through a different lense, though, many kids have something positive come along side them in their lives. It really is a good thing.

:rant:Stan should have handed these kids cash...and cell phones!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
There are some pretty rough parts in Inglewood.
Nice to see those kids get some public attention.