Rams Defensive MVP 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Much more to choose from;

Finnegan - Brought attitude and stability to the defensive secondary

Laurenitius - Started slow. Finished stronger. Consistent.

C. Long - 11.5 sacks. Dependable. Relentless. Attitude.

R. Quinn - 10.5 sacks. Probably should be an honorable mention. Solid season. Up-and-comer.

Honorable Mentions;

Janoris Jenkins - an amazing rookie who was a legitimate starter his first season. 4 defensive TD's.

William Hayes - has there ever been a better rotational DE/DT in STL history. Probably so. But this guy was very good.

Q Mikell - strong second half after position switch

The Rest;
Lankford, Brokers, T Johnson, Dunbar,... all players I love... all had their moments too.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't know if I can choose just one. Waufle did a hell of a job with that line.
If I *had* to choose, I'd probably go with Chris Motor Ready Long.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
I give it to Finnegan. The attitude he brought to the D was invaluable.
I wouldn't discount what Fisher, Cecil, McGinnis and Williams did to change the attitude around here.
Those are some salty SOBs in the meeting rooms and on the practice field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:

One could also argue; without Finnegan we couldn't afford to chose Jenkins.

I don't roam the halls at Rams park, of course... but I think Finnegan is the best thing to happen to Janoris Jenkins.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
libertadrocks said:
I wouldn't discount what Fisher, Cecil, McGinnis and Williams did to change the attitude around here.
Those are some salty SOBs in the meeting rooms and on the practice field.

Very true.... Hard to say how much credit should be attributed to each.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I vote for Craig Dahl. Where would we be without him???

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd have to say CL. He never stops and has to be accounted for on every play.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Chris Long, he is the Ram now. He's our Jared Allen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Answering seriously, this is really hard. I think Finnegan brought tons to this team in terms of attitude and feistiness. JL is the captain and makes sure everyone is in the right place. Chris Long is an extremely talented player that works and plays hard. Dunbar and Jenkins made some outstanding plays and some horrible plays. It's hard to even quantify what Brockers and Langford have done for this team. Trumaine has really surprised me, and if he had played all year, he could be the guy. Robert Quinn scares the crap out of other teams and they have to game plan for HIM.

I will give it to Chris Long, he had an outstanding year.

Next year, IMO, it will be a fight between Trumaine Johnson, and Michael Brockers. They are two terrific rising stars. Quinn and Long will be in the race.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Wow. That's pretty hard to pick any one player. Chris Long said it best the other day. We're not about individual stats. We help each other out. So for me, defensive MVP goes to cohesiveness. These guys played great together.

GO RAMS!!!!

Speeps

Starter
It's hard to pick one guy. This is going to be a star studded defense. I have to go with Long though. His motor is crazy, and he frequently makes plays. Lauranaitis gets a honorable mention, same with Jo-Lon Dunbar, Finnegan, and Jenkins.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
rickrawk said:
Wow. That's pretty hard to pick any one player. Chris Long said it best the other day. We're not about individual stats. We help each other out. So for me, defensive MVP goes to cohesiveness. These guys played great together.

GO RAMS!!!!
Exactly rick, and so I nominate the front 7 and let it go at that. :bg:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[5]2071403392001[/5]
http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_football ... -this-year

(KSDK Sports) -- USA Today football writer Mark J. Rebilas was tasked with picking the MVP of each NFL team. For the Rams, Mark picked defensive end Chris Long.

He and MLB James Laurinaitis remain the heartbeat of a steadily improving defense that benefited from the additions of CBs Cortland Finnegan and Janoris Jenkins, rookie DT Michael Brockers and the emergence of sophomore DE Robert Quinn (10.5 sack) not to mention the swagger infused by first-year coach Jeff Fisher.

But fiery Long continues to anchor the front four from his left end spot while making plenty of splash plays as his 11.5 sacks attest.

Honorable mention: James Laurinaitis.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Thordaddy said:
DR RAM said:
I vote for Craig Dahl. Where would we be without him???

This weekend we'd be in Washington
:censored:

Very possible. I also can't seem to erase the Brit Miller what the fuck moment in Miami..didn't X and Selassie see that LIVE?!?!

My bad how could I lapse on Chris Long..shame on me for overlooking. :bn: