Rams Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I thought the Rams defense played pretty well today and probably even good enough to win but they just didn't get any help from their offense.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
They may want to start beating the shit out of offensive players when the coaches aren't looking. You know... Full Metal Jacket style.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
This defense definitely had the light bulb turn on the last few weeks. Some of the plays they gave up are a direct result of the scheme. Especially on those empty sets so I'm not worried. Every scheme has a weakness but this defense played well. Kudos to them.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The combination of Barron and McDonald was deadly. Because Barron could play that LB role, McDonald was deployed all over the field and he killed it in that role.

Donald and Quinn are Donald and Quinn. E.J. was great today. McLeod, as usual, got himself out of position while in a deep Cover 3 zone. The guy is so frustrating.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Defense has been fun to watch these past two weeks. They definitely seem to be coming together.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Played great. McLeod has proved he is not reliable as the deep safety, he's good in the slot. Our biggest weakness on D, aside from McLeod deep, is the offense. Our offense kept our D on the field way more than it needed. Not putting up points after the Ogletree INT was a big blow to us.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Played great. McLeod has proved he is not reliable as the deep safety, he's good in the slot. Our biggest weakness on D, aside from McLeod deep, is the offense. Our offense kept our D on the field way more than it needed. Not putting up points after the Ogletree INT was a big blow to us.

You know, it's kind of weird because I clicked on the "Like" button for your thread. It's not that I like it because it points out a weakness but because I agree 100% with what you are saying.

Now, where is that bottle of scotch so I can ease some of this pain.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
You know, it's kind of weird because I clicked on the "Like" button for your thread. It's not that I like it because it points out a weakness but because I agree 100% with what you are saying.

Now, where is that bottle of scotch so I can ease some of this pain.
a 6er of Yuengling on this end.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The defense was outstanding today. They were good last week. They were decent vs the Chiefs and good vs Seattle.
My hats off to our Defense progressing and coming along. I still think we blitz too much, but the run D has been solved, and the pass rush is back. Pass D will get better as we get guys back and comfortable in the system.

jjab360

Legend
Well to be fair, the O didn't even give the D a chance to get on the field at the end of the game. They were too busy giving away TDs like free candy..

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The defense was outstanding today. They were good last week. They were decent vs the Chiefs and good vs Seattle.
My hats off to our Defense progressing and coming along. I still think we blitz too much, but the run D has been solved, and the pass rush is back. Pass D will get better as we get guys back and comfortable in the system.
Those blitzes got there today though!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wanted to scream at the TV, "Halloween is over FutherMucker. Stop giving away all the damn candy!"

But... i just felt like I was in a go cart built by Our Gang... the wheels had come off and we were gonna just slide until we hit something...

Just have to hope to avoid a head injury, rebuild the cart and not let the dog drive next time...

SierraRam

Recreational User
I wanted to scream at the TV, "Halloween is over FutherMucker. Stop giving away all the damn candy!"

But... i just felt like I was in a go cart built by Our Gang... the wheels had come off and we were gonna just slide until we hit something...

Just have to hope to avoid a head injury, rebuild the cart and not let the dog drive next time...

I forgot the dog was driving... Classic! :LOL:
images

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Love the D. Glad to see that I was right when I said they would play McDonald and Barron at the same time using one of them as a LB to replace Dunbar. I really sick and tired of Mccloud though. EVERY time there is a big play or BLOWN coverage. Mccloud is involved. He has shown me that he simply cant be trusted. Give Cody a change don't think he would get beat deep like that

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The pressure is there now. Donald and Quinn are the center pieces. EJ Gaines just keeps showing up...I think he just might be the best corner on the team when it's all said and done.

I think the defense probably needs another LB and I wouldn't be upset if they added another corner next year.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I think, finally, the D is ok!!!
By the way, I couldn't log on since like week 1, and by week 5 I think I gave up....This board is the highlight of my internet experience!!!! I miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care about stats for the run D: outside of Bobby Raine (can't count Cowboyws, who have best line), I think the run D has been great.
Janoris to nickel is something I said in training camp--and people said I was crazy....hmmm maybe I am, and maybe I am not.

I wonder if Barron put on 10 pounds, and played at 223, would he be a great WLB? Then we can focus on LG and backup QB in the draft.

Stedman has me worried; he has had 4+ games to get going, and hasn't...I could write more, but I will spare you...;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The combination of Barron and McDonald was deadly. Because Barron could play that LB role, McDonald was deployed all over the field and he killed it in that role.

Donald and Quinn are Donald and Quinn. E.J. was great today. McLeod, as usual, got himself out of position while in a deep Cover 3 zone. The guy is so frustrating.
I was very pleasantly surprised at Barron's play in this game, considering how long he's been with the team!:D