Rams defense ranked.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Fantasy Football ranked the Rams 7.
image.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I had them on just about all my fantasy teams last year because they were overlooked. That won't be so easy his year. But Sam Bradford probably still will.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ohhh... OK. Fantasy rankings are different than regular rankings. I had the Seahawks D last year and that worked out pretty well. It's amazing, Chicago was #1 last year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Once again, he comes the FF crowd basing their opinions on what s REAL and what is STAT based reality. And I fear its only going to get worse.

This guy/team is not rated high on the FF rankings, so he must suck.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I had them on just about all my fantasy teams last year because they were overlooked. That won't be so easy his year. But Sam Bradford probably still will.
I also had them on my team, they did pretty good.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once again, he comes the FF crowd basing their opinions on what s REAL and what is STAT based reality. And I fear its only going to get worse.

I have to agree. Don't like what Fantasy Football has done to the game. Yes, it has boosted its popularity but it also has convinced a lot of young fans that a player's value can be adequately measured through their production. And that's not true.

Has created a lot of box-score scouts that are convinced they're an expert on every team and player because they're capable of reading his ESPN.com stats.

I can't tell you how much I hate trying to talk football with one of those people. They always think they're the smartest guy in the room, bombard me with stats, and then tell me I'm "ignoring the facts" or "ignorant" or "ignoring reality" when I tell them their stats mean nothing to me because I watch the player play every week and then rewatch him on coach's film.

Doesn't matter how many times you pull out game film and break it down for them, they're still of the belief that their statistical argument is infallible. And then I just reach the point where I tell them, "Do you really think I can't google the player's name and read his box-score? How about you offer up some football analysis? Give me YOUR opinion of the player, don't just regurgitate box-score stats."

I've also learned how to subvert their statistical arguments...which is always fun. I think this quote sums it up best, though:
He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Step off the high horse CoachO, just because there is a FF crowd doesn't mean that same crowd can't tell the difference between true football rankings and FF rankings.
These self made message board ego's are pathetic. Condescend somewhere else. Yeah...it bothers me.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

By the end of the year they'll be ranked #1.

sacks, ints, pick 6s, forced fumbles, maybe even punt and kickoff tds. I expect them to lead in sacks and forced fumbles. Maybe even interceptions with terrified qbs throwing the ball up for grabs while running away from the pass rush.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

By the end of the year they'll be ranked #1.

sacks, ints, pick 6s, forced fumbles, maybe even punt and kickoff tds. I expect them to lead in sacks and forced fumbles. Maybe even interceptions with terrified qbs throwing the ball up for grabs while running away from the pass rush.

If you're in a league that combines defense and special teams scoring the Rams could be even higher with Tavon returning punts.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I have to agree. Don't like what Fantasy Football has done to the game. Yes, it has boosted its popularity but it also has convinced a lot of young fans that a player's value can be adequately measured through their production. And that's not true.

Has created a lot of box-score scouts that are convinced they're an expert on every team and player because they're capable of reading his ESPN.com stats.

I can't tell you how much I hate trying to talk football with one of those people. They always think they're the smartest guy in the room, bombard me with stats, and then tell me I'm "ignoring the facts" or "ignorant" or "ignoring reality" when I tell them their stats mean nothing to me because I watch the player play every week and then rewatch him on coach's film.

Doesn't matter how many times you pull out game film and break it down for them, they're still of the belief that their statistical argument is infallible. And then I just reach the point where I tell them, "Do you really think I can't google the player's name and read his box-score? How about you offer up some football analysis? Give me YOUR opinion of the player, don't just regurgitate box-score stats."

I've also learned how to subvert their statistical arguments...which is always fun. I think this quote sums it up best, though:
Just tell the stat crowd that causality is really just perception of cause.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Step off the high horse CoachO, just because there is a FF crowd doesn't mean that same crowd can't tell the difference between true football rankings and FF rankings.
These self made message board ego's are pathetic. Condescend somewhere else. Yeah...it bothers me.

Strike a nerve did I? Not sure what you are insinuating about the "message board ego" comment. Seems to me, that it just rankles you that someone has a different opinion, which message boards are all about. Or so I thought!

And btw,,, I play FF but I don't for one second try to use that as any basis for evaluating a players ability or "value". But there are way too many who use it as gospel .

Apparently Jerry agrees,, see his post above But wait, I didn't see you blasting away at him. Carry on!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Strike a nerve did I? Not sure what you are insinuating about the "message board ego" comment.
Yeah you did. Condescension towards others is always about one's ego.
Seems to me, that it just rankles you that someone has a different opinion, which message boards are all about. Or so I thought!
If you want to classify your elitist views as an opinion then fine, it's your opinion, and what rankles me is people on the internet who like to tell everyone how inferior they are.

And btw,,, I play FF but I don't for one second try to use that as any basis for evaluating a players ability or "value". But there are way too many who use it as gospel .
Do you have any data supporting that? Anyway, what do you care if they do? Does it make you feel smarter than the FF minions to point out that you don't?

Forget it. Don't answer. I'm done. It's not my style to flame a shitstorm, but here's a suggestion... stick to posting about what you know instead of what others don't.

I enjoy your player personnel/training camp insights btw, but i couldn't let this one go.

RamzFanz

Damnit

article-0-18D4C78900000578-371_634x444.jpg

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yeah you did. Condescension towards others is always about one's ego.
If you want to classify your elitist views as an opinion then fine, it's your opinion, and what rankles me is people on the internet who like to tell everyone how inferior they are.

Do you have any data supporting that? Anyway, what do you care if they do? Does it make you feel smarter than the FF minions to point out that you don't?

Forget it. Don't answer. I'm done. It's not my style to flame a shitstorm, but here's a suggestion... stick to posting about what you know instead of what others don't.

I enjoy your player personnel/training camp insights btw, but i couldn't let this one go.

I'm sorry if you got upset. But yes, as much as you might want to think I am being condescending, It wasn't my intention. If anything, I went over board with the sarcasm, and didn't use the blue font.

But the point is a valid one to a point. There are many people on this and other forums, who base everything they say on the STATISTICAL value of a player, without bothering to take into account any of the things that cannot be measured by stats. And I don't have to provide any data, to state the obvious.

Sorry if that bothers you.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ummm why is Denver up there? The best defensive ranking last year was rush D. They only scored twice on defense. 13th in sacks.

It should go like this...

1. Shitchikens
2. Panthers
3. Chiefs (they were very good last year, with 7 defensive scores)
4. 49ers
5. Cardinals
6. Rams
7. Bengals

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do 11 people dislike this post? Don't get sarcasm?
It doesn't have 11 dislikes. That's how many it will take to get it deleted.
It's more likely only one, and that was probably by mistake.