Rams defeat Chiefs MEDIA FALLOUT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Michael Robinson simply said Goff's mechanics resemble Tom Brady's and everyone lost their crap, that blonde lady is not very good at what she does...christ, keep your cool....

I don't think it's that's sacrilegious to compare the two. Nobody is crowning Goff, simply just making an observation that imo is pretty accurate.

Props to host of the NFL channel video demanding to know why Goff isn't getting enough credit. Reggie Wayne admitted he felt Goff was going to be a bust based on rookie year performance. Fair enough. Kid was missing open receivers weekly.Whatever, that experience was huge! Love how host concluded with reminder that dating back to week 1 of last season, Jared Goff leads league in wins. FACT!!

I said the same thing a few weeks ago, specifically that mechanically Goff more resembles Brady than Aaron Rodgers and because I reach only a select few, no one lost their minds.

Oh, btw, it's true. His footwork and patience resemble Brady as does his ability to release it quickly. Heck, even the ball path on their releases look similar.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Now you’re just being an ill-informed fuckhead.

90 people....90

Fuckhead

Les, you’re too smart to be a fuckhead

How many players?

If the receptionist had to evacuate how does that have an effect on the game?

If the TE coach had to evacuate what is the effect on the game?

What I read was that between the coaching staff and players the number was 20, and they cancelled practice on Friday.

This is a terrible tragedy, horrible. But IMO had no effect on the game.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
How many players?

What I read was that between the coaching staff and players the number was 20, and they cancelled practice on Friday.

doesn't matter, but Aaron Donald was among them.

how about obtuse?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Classic reaction I see all over the place.

Media/Rams and other teams fans: If the Rams want to go anywhere in the playoffs they can't give up 51 points.
Same people: Kansas City is still the clear favorite to go to the Super Bowl for the AFC, even though they gave up 54 points.

Failed logic is amazing.
I know right lol. I really think if Bosa can get back to his high lv of play that Chargers can beat anybody in the AFC

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many players?

So about a third of the players and coaches were at least temporarily homeless, and that had no effect on the game? It didn't affect concentration leading up to the game?

And since it is likely that every player knows at least a few of the lower level employees, I would suspect there was a certain level of worry for their friends and coworkers.

And as others have pointed out, Donald and Goff were directly affected - you don't think that cut into film viewing time, at the very least?

We will never be able to figure out exactly how much it affected the Rams. But it is absurd to claim it had no effect on the game. Unless you think major personal stuff never affects players' performances.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Schrags is my favorite dude in the media, just ahead of Silver. He takes the time to look deeper and brings out the storylines, love to hear his take on things even when it's not the Rams.

And his note on how the average guys make all the difference in Super Bowl winners is an excellent point. How good is your average roster quality? Do you have those types who win you games on your roster at different positions? The Rams, for all their issues they've had on defense, certainly do.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So about a third of the players and coaches were at least temporarily homeless, and that had no effect on the game? It didn't affect concentration leading up to the game?

And since it is likely that every player knows at least a few of the lower level employees, I would suspect there was a certain level of worry for their friends and coworkers.

And as others have pointed out, Donald and Goff were directly affected - you don't think that cut into film viewing time, at the very least?

We will never be able to figure out exactly how much it affected the Rams. But it is absurd to claim it had no effect on the game. Unless you think major personal stuff never affects players' performances.

54-51 so little effect on the game and Goff and Donald both played huge.

I have great empathy having lived through Irma (still repairs being done to this day) I am not trying to lessen the impact I just don't see how it made a difference. If the Rams lost or guys who evacuated had concentration lapses that would be one thing but I didn't see anything like that in this game.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He makes the right read then throws a perfect ball to the right guy. He doesn't hold onto the ball too long, run around like a chicken with no head then make a pass downfield.

"ThreadWinner" worthy! (y)

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
How many players?

Well it was 90 and let's not dismiss the upheaval of staff. That includes player support staff, FO, scouting, etc and Goff was one of the players who had one day in his own bed.

The Rams org worked extraordinarily hard, but this disruption was felt by all.

If the receptionist was the ONLY one, sure, no problem, but it was the emotional shock of the mass shooting, the wild fires, family being uprooted, traveling on a home game week, the uncertainty that comes with fire, etc.

This game was proof for any doubters that even up against it, this team can and has dealt with adversity.

I don't think there's a need to go through a Rams version of "the nail that lost the war"

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Well it was 90 and let's not dismiss the upheaval of staff. That includes player support staff, FO, scouting, etc and Goff was one of the players who had one day in his own bed.

The Rams org worked extraordinarily hard, but this disruption was felt by all.

If the receptionist was the ONLY one, sure, no problem, but it was the emotional shock of the mass shooting, the wild fires, family being uprooted, traveling on a home game week, the uncertainty that comes with fire, etc.

This game was proof for any doubters that even up against it, this team can and has dealt with adversity.

I don't think there's a need to go through a Rams version of "the nail that lost the war"

Look, it was an enormous impact on the community and the team. I think we can agree that the Rams did a stellar job of working through it and played with a high level of intensity in the game.

What stood out to me was the deep emotion of having the firefighters and emergency responders at the game, and the meeting that Whitworth and Goff had with the families of the Borderline shooting afterwards. Looking at it from a distance the game seemed to me to be an extraordinary event in the best sense for the community.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
And for those that think that every team wins in these circumstances, no they don't.

I don't recall the game recently, but it was one like this with a home team dealing with a community tragedy and they kind laid an egg and got beat pretty badly.

And trust me, if I thought the NFL just gave us that win I'd be saying so as emphatically as ever.