Rams Decline 5th Year Option on GRob

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
The first interview with this guy and I knew they had made a huge mistake by drafting him. It makes me wonder if Fisher and company interviewed him. He obviously has a low IQ and it's clear now that he didn't have the talent to overcome that.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Greg Robinson

http://footballiqscore.com/wonderlic-score-database/greg-robinson

Greg was given the Wonderlic Test, which test general aptitude. His Wonderlic Test score was 22. The Wonderlic Test scores are between 1-50, so 22 shows an average IQ. Most teams want their players to have a score of at least 20, so with Greg Robinson having a score of 22 puts him above the minimum score needed.

2014 Offensive Line Wonderlic Scores:

• Gabe Ikard (Oklahoma) - 38
  • Jack Mewhort (Ohio State) - 36
  • Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) - 32
  • Russell Bodine (North Carolina) - 31
  • David Yankey (Stanford) - 30
  • Joel Bitonio (Nevada) - 29
  • Zach Martin (Notre Dame) - 27
  • Ja'Wuan James (Tennessee) - 25
  • Greg Robinson (Auburn) - 22
  • Taylor Lewan (Michigan) - 21
  • Marcus Martin (Southern Cal) - 20
  • Seantrel Henderson (Miami) - 1
Now Seantrel we can all surmise is mo genius
GRob should be as smart or smarter than Lewan
So his brains are average
It's not his brains
It's the coaching

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It's the coaching
The Rams under the Jeff Fisher Era chose Greg Robinson, an extremely raw college athlete with 26 total games and tremendous upside in hopes that they could develop him into a star. The problem is that Fisher and his offensive staff had failed to develop any offensive player his entire time here. Some players had success their rookie year, or first year as a ram, but almost always regressed. There has been maybe 1 player during this time who has had back to back ok/good seasons on offense under Fisher. I'm not bashing Jeff, I just think that he thought too highly of himself and his staff. They were good at developing defensive players, just not offensive. It's ok to draft a raw athlete with upside, you just need a good coaching staff to develop him.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I would absolutely love! to see GRob mature under Kromer & Andrew Whitworth. This young man-child is simply one of the NFL's strongest players with super outstanding agility for his size. I hope Kromer & Andrew don't leave 'any stones unturned' in trying to get the big fella going. I wanna see a "From Near Bust to Super Battering Ram" story.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Lets say the RT conversion works decently.
Play GM for min.
Do you give GRob 5 years 50m, 30m guaranteed after the season after seeing his level of play the 1st 3 years? That's what the going rate would be.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Lets say the RT conversion works decently.
Play GM for min.
Do you give GRob 5 years 50m, 30m guaranteed after the season after seeing his level of play the 1st 3 years? That's what the going rate would be.
Not for a RT it isn't. Only Lane Johnson has contract numbers like that.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Not for a RT it isn't. Only Lane Johnson has contract numbers like that.
Here's how it's going to work out. He plays well and teams including the Rams are going to look at his age,physical tools and figure the light bulb has finally came on. Coaches are known for thinking they can fix any player. His agent won't want to settle for RT pay knowing teams will plan on moving him back to LT. And a couple teams desperate enough, with the cap room will pay him a version of LT salary.
Very few players whose 5th year option is declined resigns with the drafting team after the FA period begins.