Rams D worst 3rd down percentage in NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
As a die hard fan I ain't concerned at all esp thru 2 games.

Coaching staff and players gel SOON.
3 simple words; Fisher Coached Team.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
max said:
The thing that got to me the most was that there has been so much clamoring over the offense. Bradford, check downs, the RBs, Saffold, Quick, Tavon, Shotty, etc, etc, and so forth. And even all the beat reporters focusing on that same thing. Also, all the audio clips are mostly guys talking about how to fix the offense.

So I am just astounded that all these guys who get paid to talk Rams weren't aware of how bad the 3rd down performance of the defense has been.

Fisher is sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings answering the same questions about check downs a zillion times. My guess is that he knows the much bigger problem is the defense and he is just shaking his head at everyone not getting it.
If there is one thing I have total confidence in is Fisher's ability to fix the D. I am just not concerned about it all at this pt. Just watch how they shut down SF on Thursdat night... that will be a breakout game for sure.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stranger said:
max said:
The thing that got to me the most was that there has been so much clamoring over the offense. Bradford, check downs, the RBs, Saffold, Quick, Tavon, Shotty, etc, etc, and so forth. And even all the beat reporters focusing on that same thing. Also, all the audio clips are mostly guys talking about how to fix the offense.

So I am just astounded that all these guys who get paid to talk Rams weren't aware of how bad the 3rd down performance of the defense has been.

Fisher is sitting in Buffalo Wild Wings answering the same questions about check downs a zillion times. My guess is that he knows the much bigger problem is the defense and he is just shaking his head at everyone not getting it.
If there is one thing I have total confidence in is Fisher's ability to fix the D. I am just not concerned about it all at this pt. Just watch how they shut down SF on Thursdat night... that will be a breakout game for sure.

Well, it is a long season and we have a lot of kids so its entirely possible that Fisher has this whole thing running strong in a few weeks. Not sure if it will be so soon against the Niners though.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
max said:
Stranger said:
max said:

Well, it is a long season and we have a lot of kids so its entirely possible that Fisher has this whole thing running strong in a few weeks. Not sure if it will be so soon against the Niners though.
Whatever program Fisher is using through these first 3 games, you can bet the target is the niner game. For both the O & D.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ram Quixote said:
max said:
Stranger said:
max said:

Whatever program Fisher is using through these first 3 games, you can bet the target is the niner game. For both the O & D.

but the rams have to win games out of the division as well. can't have what happened last season be repeated this season.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
What is like to know is HOW MANY 3RD AND LONGS HAVE CONVERTED TO 1ST DOWNS OR MADE CONSIDERABLY EASIER.

It changed momentum too. Cuz if that's the case then it makes things a little brighter. Just fix damn penalties! Lol

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
kurtfaulk said:
Ram Quixote said:

but the rams have to win games out of the division as well. can't have what happened last season be repeated this season.

I don't believe it's Fisher's intent to sacrifice wins in this program. The pick-6 off DR's hands offered an incredibly lucky arch for Osi. Think how close the game might have been at the end otherwise. Not that the game would have gone as it did if DR simply dropped the pass at his feet. We had momentum on that drive, which was lost in the instant.