Rams'"D" had some first occur yesterday @ OLB'er

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yesterdays game the defense was without OSLB'er Robert Quinn due to being inactive for the first time this season. This caused other firsts for a few Rams. Matt Longacre got his first start in 3 seasons. Matt Longacre also got his first fumble recovery which led to the Rams first points Sunday.

In addition OSLB'er Samson Ebukam saw considerable amount of action too. Thus Samson got his first sack of the season. Plus Samson forced his first forced fumble! The Rams 5th OSLB'er Ejuan Price was activated for the first time of the 2017 season. I would hope that rookie 4th round selection Samson Ebukam should see much more action as this season continues. @ the same time I could care less if I see Rob Quinn again unless there is an injury..

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The hit Ebukam put on Savage didn't look that bad, but damn if it didn't seem to impact Savage the rest of the game.

I like Quinn, but I enjoyed our young guys playing yesterday. Longacre is a boss, too.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Longacre is proving he's a good 3-4 player, i think better than the 4-3. Glad we hung on to the dude he's solid.

I too like Quinn but he needs to continue to get better, which he has but not being on the field is not going to help his case. Jury is still out.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Quinn, Longacre, and Ebukam each have their situational benefits depending on what the defense is being asked to do. I think Phillips knows not to force young guys like Ebukam and Price out there before they are ready, especially in pressure situations when experience counts most.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
While there are some stars on our defense, this thing is as blue collar as it gets. From Wade Phillips on down. They just do their job. And I love it.

Psycho_X

Legend
You're really working your best to get another "I hate Quinn" thread going aren't you lol? Whatever Wade thinks will give us the best chance to win is what we should do. I'm just glad we've got really good depth at OLB'er which was the one position I was scared about going into this new 3-4 defense. Les Snead for the win again. I'm very comfortable with Longacre and Ebukam increasing their load the rest of the season whether it's starting or in relief.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Ebukam reminded me of Von Miller on some of those rushes. He really seems to have some power along with shiftiness when rushing the passer.

ausmurp

Starter
I think Ebukam earned more time. He looked good. I'd be interested to see how well he played the run as Quinn has never played it well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Samson looked good...hungry even. Longacre looks to have plateaued.....not even generating his old pressures....Price looked timid....and much too small....first game, he gets a pass...but not impressed at all.

Only one of them looked like a suitable replacement for Quinn.

I'm starting to like Barwin more.

I think anyone can play on a D-Line with Donald...and AD is starting to look irreplaceable.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ebukam reminded me of Von Miller on some of those rushes. He really seems to have some power along with shiftiness when rushing the passer.

Yeah no doubt about it, Ebu got some game to him. Very physical. Good speed & agility. Solid rush instincts. He's raw but yeah I do think he's going to get some more looks as we move forward, particularly when the Rams have a good lead and can pin their ears back.

It's nice to see that too, since it strengthens our rotation. That's gonna help us here down the stretch run.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm starting to like Barwin more.

I think anyone can play on a D-Line with Donald...and AD is starting to look irreplaceable.

Yeah Barwin's been flashing, to my eye he's playing better and better as we go along.

With AD... I just hope they get something done. He might force them to trade him but I hope not. IMO they need to get another rush OLB in there to take advantage of Donald drawing the doubles. Needing to add a DE, then a CB to replace Tru, plus a 3T to replace AD is madness. Just get that MFer locked up plz.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Ebukam earned more time. He looked good. I'd be interested to see how well he played the run as Quinn has never played it well.
Quinn has always been one of the better run defending DE in the league. And him playing OLb for the first time he started to get considerably better at it

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I used to smoke that stuff too............

that's also why I quit
Not sure what the confusion is. A player can look like another player without being on their level of talent. Just his speed off the edge and power to the QB was very Milleresque. Nothing wrong with that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol his first yr he was basically a part time starter his 2nd year he was just a pass rusher and how young was Quinn when he came into the league.