Rams cuts begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

JMHO, but of the 3 second level tweener 4-3 DE's remaining on the roster (Westbrooks, Longacre & Fox), I'd probably only be looking at Fox to make the grade as a 3-4 OLB. Even then, he'd be a situational rush defender. Both Longacre & Westbrooks' play fell off last season in what is more than likely their natural position, can't imagine them being successful in a 3-4, but stranger things have happened. Honestly, i'd be surprised if any of them make the final cut. jmo.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think the practice squad will likely have an Olineman or two and mostly defensive players. Which receivers move to the PS? Spruce, McRoberts or North?
At this point in time there is no telling which WR's the Rams will try to stash on the PS. But, with the Talent we apparently have, I would be careful! Other teams will try to snatch them up!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
DB's -- I'm still not a fan of Randolph . If Wade & coaching staff liked what they see then why John Johnson ??................I'm just amazed how many Ram fans have fallen in Love with Randolph. He has done nothing but get hurt ? I thought he was hurt at Tennessee ??
He was spoken of very highly by the one remaining coach from last season. Fassel. From his highlights, and the comments of the Rams, he plays like you see, very physical. It was a shock he wasn't invited to the combine. He was a 4 year starter...So, I don't know where the injury history comes from...2 injuries...2 knee injuries...I get that.
In love...naw, ya gotta play more....In like...yeah, I like this guy. I see a player. Someone that can fly to the ball. In fact, I see him playing BEFORE Johnson...who I don't think will contribute in 2017. Just too slight of frame. Watch him (Rhino) this preseason...if he doesn't jump out at you...he doesn't. But they don't give nicknames like that in locker rooms easily.

Those projections are by TST's 3k, who has no background in journalism or sports writing
I don't know what his history is...I didn't know what RVB was either...That's Ryan Van Bibber to the guys that don't understand this. I'm curious why you bubba...and @OldSchool don't like this man. He's not an idiot...He's just calling it like he sees it. He's probably playing to the audience a bit:argue:...Sorta like the evening news...all accidents & robberies & murders at 11....doom and gloom sells:blah:. Go figure. And these last 14 years have made it a continual train wreck. I'm sure most of the readers don't remember the 70's when we won NFC West division like the Patriots dominate the AFC East.

Ask him a serious question:mrburns:, you'll get a serious answer.:homer: Humor is very difficult to convey through type....but he tries.

When LA was devoid of the Rams...and I wanted news of my team...I searched the net...yahoo sent me to TST...TST sent me to St Lou. Post Dispatch....SLPD I found Coach0....Coach O sent me here (although I had visited, but didn't know how to unlock all the stuff;))....I met dubs @ tst and gained respect for fellow fans...some older than me that have a wealth of knowledge on all things, not just Rams...and a bunch of guys at TST are still there...sharing thoughts, information, and a whole lot of opinions (like this 4.6 receiver stuff, lol)....It's all information..in an information age it's value. I don't claim they know it all, get it right..or say it right all the time. I will claim there are some interesting characters at TST...Just like here....and guess what? We all love the Rams:icare:....:yess:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was spoken of very highly by the one remaining coach from last season. Fassel. From his highlights, and the comments of the Rams, he plays like you see, very physical. It was a shock he wasn't invited to the combine. He was a 4 year starter...So, I don't know where the injury history comes from...2 injuries...2 knee injuries...I get that.
In love...naw, ya gotta play more....In like...yeah, I like this guy. I see a player. Someone that can fly to the ball. In fact, I see him playing BEFORE Johnson...who I don't think will contribute in 2017. Just too slight of frame. Watch him (Rhino) this preseason...if he doesn't jump out at you...he doesn't. But they don't give nicknames like that in locker rooms easily.

I don't know what his history is...I didn't know what RVB was either...That's Ryan Van Bibber to the guys that don't understand this. I'm curious why you bubba...and @OldSchool don't like this man. He's not an idiot...He's just calling it like he sees it. He's probably playing to the audience a bit:argue:...Sorta like the evening news...all accidents & robberies & murders at 11....doom and gloom sells:blah:. Go figure. And these last 14 years have made it a continual train wreck. I'm sure most of the readers don't remember the 70's when we won NFC West division like the Patriots dominate the AFC East.

Ask him a serious question:mrburns:, you'll get a serious answer.:homer: Humor is very difficult to convey through type....but he tries.

When LA was devoid of the Rams...and I wanted news of my team...I searched the net...yahoo sent me to TST...TST sent me to St Lou. Post Dispatch....SLPD I found Coach0....Coach O sent me here (although I had visited, but didn't know how to unlock all the stuff;))....I met dubs @ tst and gained respect for fellow fans...some older than me that have a wealth of knowledge on all things, not just Rams...and a bunch of guys at TST are still there...sharing thoughts, information, and a whole lot of opinions (like this 4.6 receiver stuff, lol)....It's all information..in an information age it's value. I don't claim they know it all, get it right..or say it right all the time. I will claim there are some interesting characters at TST...Just like here....and guess what? We all love the Rams:icare:....:yess:

Did The Rams trade up for J Johnson ?
Wade seemed to really like this kid.
-- I'm interested in the guy from Eastern Washington .

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You have to like the competition there.
Westbrook flashed his pass rushing skills. Was watching a replay of Bills game. He comes off the edge well. The fact he can play DT as well makes me believe he will be an good DE in 3/4. Guess that made Hayes tradable & saving on cap space.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
He's negative to the point of stupidity. Aaron Donald could have a 4 sack game against the Cowboys OLine and 3k will write a thousand word article about why AD sucks and if the Rams were smart they'd trade him though because he sucks so bad they won't get value for him.

I don't remember what exactly it was but he wrote an article saying the Rams needed to do something, I think it was bench somebody and start his backup. The Rams ended up doing exactly what he wanted and 3k spent the next two weeks raging how the Rams were stupid for doing it.

There's pessimism, there's not wanting to get too excited, there's negative, there's Niner fans ripping on the Rams and then there's 3k making them all look reasonable. I dislike very few people, but the first thing I do with a tst is look at the author and if it's him I just close it cause I know I'm just going to get negativity and nothing of use.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here's the rub Champ. He's been trying for years to make everyone think he's a legitimate sportswriter. He wants us all to see him as somethings he's not, that his opinion is better than everyone else's. That's all fine and dandy, but it rubs me raw the way he fancies it up on the net at his TST site that makes it look like a real sportswriter column.

Its disingenuous and misleading, and he knows that. He tried to come here with his schtick but got told by the many ROD members to GTFO and I'm glad many here feel the same way I do.

He fancies himself a professional sportswriter fine, do it at TST. He wants to post here fine too, but leave the "Pro Journalist" act over there.. Just MHO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Coaching had a lot to do with our WR problems last year! I do think we have a really good group! Only time will prove me right or wrong, we'll see!(y);):D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
hmmm...I think we traded back from 37...and got an extra 3rd....and got him.

Me too....4.45 at 250 lbs...I'm intrigued to say the least.

I think Josh Forrest is in trouble. He might be odd man out.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Josh Forrest is in trouble. He might be odd man out.

I like Forrest...He's a thumper!
thumper_by_imcalledkitty.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Coaching had a lot to do with our WR problems last year! I do think we have a really good group! Only time will prove me right or wrong, we'll see!(y);):D

Tavon has to play a big role for The Rams. You can't sign a guy to a contract like that & have him fail.
Will see how McVay can make him successful. Half of it is not having a bunch of TD's called back , another might be having him in on 1st & 2nd downs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Forrest...He's a thumper!
thumper_by_imcalledkitty.jpg

Well Ebuham was drafted higher & by the new coaching staff. The Rams have a lot of young LB's .

They just picked up a DR from 9ers

By the way those aren't bunny ears outside his helmet. Those be dreads.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well Ebuham was drafted higher & by the new coaching staff. The Rams have a lot of young LB's .

They just picked up a DR from 9ers

By the way those aren't bunny ears outside his helmet. Those be dreads.
Forrest is an ILB in the new scheme Ebukam will be an OLB...IMO Forrest sticks.