Rams cuts begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
A few disagreements .

DB's -- I'm still not a fan of Randolph . If Wade & coaching staff liked what they see then why John Johnson ??

Rhaney ?? He plays special teams. That's his only chance if he can play center at all ??
--One of the young guys will get coached up.

WR's ? will see but Spruce will be given a chance.

---Bradley Marquez has to totally step up his game.
---Thomas had a case of the dropsies .

Well no one should waste their energy too much agreeing or disagreeing with this drivel. Because this projection is most likely a fail. We won't know who stays or who goes atleast not this early. I posted it because its laughable.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well no one should waste their energy too much agreeing or disagreeing with this drivel. Because this projection is most likely a fail. We won't know who stays or who goes atleast not this early. I posted it because its laughable.

True , but I'm just amazed how many Ram fans have fallen in Love with Randolph. He has done nothing but get hurt ? I thought he was hurt at Tennessee ?? He had good numbers , but was not invited to combine ??

The internet ??

Ram65

Legend
I'm sorry, but am I the only one here who thinks it ridiculous to make predictions/projections before they have even put on their Jocks for the Rams!?!:dizzy:o_O

No, but nowadays everyone wants to be a prophet, and hopefully be right about their outlandish predictions/projections...

I could pick one or two groups and have fun commenting. For entertainment purposes only. In reality it is too early make roster predictions with conviction. It does give you some ideas of where the camp battles will be.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Those projections are by TST's 3k, who has no background in journalism or sports writing (it shows in his grammar, sentence structure and punctuation). He's just a guy like you and I who thinks because he watches football games on his TV he's an expert. My grandson likes to play "fireman". 3k likes to play "sportswriter". His opinion is no better than any of the posters here. ( and most of his stuff is way worse than what gets posted here at ROD). That article is just him guessing. He has no clue.

I go to TST for entertainment.

I come to ROD for intelligent conversation and informative info on the Rams.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Those projections are by TST's 3k, who has no background in journalism or sports writing (it shows in his grammar, sentence structure and punctuation). He's just a guy like you and I who thinks because he watches football games on his TV he's an expert. My grandson likes to play "fireman". 3k likes to play "sportswriter". His opinion is no better than any of the posters here. ( and most of his stuff is way worse than what gets posted here at ROD). That article is just him guessing. He has no clue.

Ouch, but true. I go way back with him. Nailed it.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not into dissing people DR RAM, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way. He's been on that soapbox for quite a while.

(If I'm out of line mods, feel free to delete my post, I had to get it off my chest)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm not into dissing people DR RAM, but this guy just rubs me the wrong way. He's been on that soapbox for quite a while.

(If I'm out of line mods, feel free to delete my post, I had to get it off my chest)
Who, 3K? If so, no worries. most agree.

I'll vouch for ROD, here.

He became way more touchable, after the Rams moved. I feel a taint, by him. in the taint, since the Rams moved back the L.A.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I see nothing to delete. I' not sure anyone here is overly impressed with much from the TST. Regardless, I don't see any rules broken by anything you said.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

3k is one of the biggest idiots walking the face of the earth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A few disagreements .

DB's -- I'm still not a fan of Randolph . If Wade & coaching staff liked what they see then why John Johnson ??

Rhaney ?? He plays special teams. That's his only chance if he can play center at all ??
--One of the young guys will get coached up.

WR's ? will see but Spruce will be given a chance.

---Bradley Marquez has to totally step up his game.
---Thomas had a case of the dropsies .

Matt Lingacre just signed a 2 year deal ?? Coaching staff must have liked what they have seen ?

I didn't know Longacre signed for 2 years? Did Fisher do that? Longacre looks like he could be in the 3/4 DE rotation. I thought Fox and Trinca-Passat do too. But we wont know for a while what these coaches really think.

No we wont know till summer, but there are a few guys on the roster that you could speculate about with a bit of an educated guess. There is a glut at WR right now. Someone is going to go. I think SoCo is right that Marquez is a likely cut. Spruce will get his chance to show up but if he gets injured again he is probably gone. I hope he succeeds. Thomas has potential, but if he drops the ball in camp he will be moving on too.

I bet a few of the backup DBs will be moving on. Wade knows what he wants and this years UDFA's at corner will likely replace Fisher's UDFA corners.

I don't see the harm in talking about it.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
There is a glut at WR right now. Someone is going to go. I think SoCo is right that Marquez is a likely cut. Spruce will get his chance to show up but if he gets injured again he is probably gone. I hope he succeeds. Thomas has potential, but if he drops the ball in camp he will be moving on too.

I bet a few of the backup DBs will be moving on. Wade knows what he wants and this years UDFA's at corner will likely replace Fisher's UDFA corners.

I don't see the harm in talking about it.

There is a glut at WR - will we carry 6 or 7 on the final Squad and 2 on the PS roster?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There is a glut at WR - will we carry 6 or 7 on the final Squad and 2 on the PS roster?

I think the practice squad will likely have an Olineman or two and mostly defensive players. Which receivers move to the PS? Spruce, McRoberts or North?

They have Reynolds, Kupp, Austin, Cooper, Marquez, Woods, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North and maybe Shippen (I don't know if he is still a Ram). That is 11. I Say Kupp, Austin, Woods, Reynolds and Cooper are locks to make the roster. If a few of these guys show enough in camp they could just go with 6 receivers. If that happens that leaves 5 guys for the Practice squad. So yeah I think there is a glut...... Say Spruce or Thomas take the last spot. North and McRoberts to the practice squad?

I am just speculating here but with the defensive shift, it could be likely to see a lot of defenders on the practice squad. DBs, LBs and DL. Isn't there only like 6 spots available?

Psycho_X

Legend

I find him mildly funny on twitter as the "tell it like it is" guy. Has some funny commentary about the Rams during hard times which we've had nothing but for a while now. But yeah nothing he writes should be considered professional or any different than fan forums such as this. Everyone wants to be a sports writer these days or blogger lol.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think the practice squad will likely have an Olineman or two and mostly defensive players. Which receivers move to the PS? Spruce, McRoberts or North?

They have Reynolds, Kupp, Austin, Cooper, Marquez, Woods, Thomas, Spruce, McRoberts, North and maybe Shippen (I don't know if he is still a Ram). That is 11. I Say Kupp, Austin, Woods, Reynolds and Cooper are locks to make the roster. If a few of these guys show enough in camp they could just go with 6 receivers. If that happens that leaves 5 guys for the Practice squad. So yeah I think there is a glut...... Say Spruce or Thomas take the last spot. North and McRoberts to the practice squad?

I am just speculating here but with the defensive shift, it could be likely to see a lot of defenders on the practice squad. DBs, LBs and DL. Isn't there only like 6 spots available?

Shippen is still there (i believe) and as he's played both WR and DB - could be a useful guy to have on the PS.

I'd take Thomas over Spruce as I think he's a poor mans Kupp, and I doubt he gets to the the PS before being picked up by someone.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
WR's corps. battle for roster spots is going to come down to 3 things. Knowing the playbook, precise route running, and catching the ball.
I don't think it will matter to McVay where you were drafted and by who you were drafted, If Cooper can't run good routes and Spruce does, well we'll see.

I expect some surprises on who makes the WR corps., Same goes for the OL.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Been wanting to say this for a while. The guy knows no more than the average poster on this forum and doesn't seem to understand more complex football concepts.

Also, although it wasn't written by 3k, I read an article on TST that said the Rams will try to draft Goff's replacement next year. I believe the pick was Josh Rosen. I just had to laugh and shake my head. No football knowledge whatsoever.