Rams / Cowboys Preseason week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Too much job security and too much power for any one person.

One might argue this is what happened in Green Bay, except it was Aaron Rogers with the security and power. 4yrs / $134MM

Mike McCarthy was dismissed for a slumping offense, but Rodgers sort of made that an issue.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dakota Allen, Obo Okoronkwo, Natrez Patrick, CB Deayon...

I was kinda down after last week, but we got so much young talent that's starting to step up that I think we're going to see some surprises based on who it looked before the preseason started...

Honestly, Lawler among others is in trouble...

Yeah I agree. There is a lot of young taken stepping up.

I know it's scrub time, but I'm liking Kupp's play at LB. He plays tough. Had a good solo tackle there on an inside run for short gain. I like him!

He's a Kupp. I'd expect good sound fundamentals from him. The question is, is he athletic and explosive enough to play against starters.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some breakdown of what I watched.... Main Focus Offensive Line & Other Positions

Offensive Line....I'm now officially off the Jamil Demby bandwagon, wow, just all sorts of issues including the penalties. I have never been so happy to see Aaron Neary back at Center, Jamil seems to really struggle at tackle, which he played at Maine and is better at Guard, but not much. I understand the versatility, but to this point I would keep Chandler Brewer and it's not even close.

Bobby Evans....I thought Evans played much better and seems a better fit at RT than LT. Some good blocks and was much better in pass protection.

David Edwards...Improvement in game two and he played mostly at Left Tackle. Still needs to get stronger, but that will come in time, the footwork was there and the position did not look too big for him in this game.

Aaron Neary....You can tell he is the most experience of the bunch, his snaps are good, you could see Allen have issues with Demby even under Center and Neary has done a nice job in pass protection too.

Chandler Brewer....Big difference with Brewer staring over Kolone and I thought he played really well. Most of the bigger runs came off of his blocks and his man was always in front of him. Rams really need to give him more time because he might be a keeper and was far better than Jamil Demby.

Jeremiah Kolone....Not very good and I would give him less time and look at Brewer and Hitner much more.

Natrez Patrick...Love players from Georgia, he's a keeper and I am feeling much better about the linebacker position as this kid looks really good and has the size to play inside too and they might need him there.

Dont'e Deayon....Love how the kid gets his head around Rams are deep at Corner Back and it feels so nice I like the way this kid covers.

It's somewhat frustrating to watch the offense as the Rams just are not scoring and I understand the philosophy for preseason, but it does not make it any easier to watch. The offense really has not put together good drives and at times Allen & Wolford are under duress.

BTW Nsimba Webster....I would give him more time as the punt returner and if he can showcase the ability to do the job keep him over Natson, but again I believe this coaching staff really likes JoJo and not really sure why.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW Nsimba Webster....I would give him more time as the punt returner and if he can showcase the ability to do the job keep him over Natson, but again I believe this coaching staff really likes JoJo and not really sure why.

I don't understand their Natson fixation. He was solid, but not great as a punt returner with two muffs last season in not that many opportunities. He is unlikely to ever be a significant receiver on this team. He is entering his third season, meaning that he will be a RFA after this season and IF he is valuable this season he will be at least a bit more pricey. Put somebody more reliable back there, who has a realistic chance of being useful to the Rams elsewhere, too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Put somebody more reliable back there, who has a realistic chance of being useful to the Rams elsewhere, too.

I believe the Rams are coming to that realization and Nsimba Webster is the reason. Webster has some juice and although did not return many punts in college, that was because he was too valuable as a WR and not because he doesn't have the ability. Here's hoping Webster wins the job.

fearsomefour

Legend
Neary, Evans, Edwards appear to be the only keepable reserve OL.
Saw a little more out of Allen at QB. Threw a couple of nice balls as did Bortles.
Mundt is wrapping up the third TE spot the more the other candidates play.
Nice to see Oko actually get on the field. He drew 2 or 3 holding flags and seems to be able to get under OL. You can see he has some pass rush ability. How that would translate against starters it’s hard to say.
Seemed a little better showing by Smart and Day.
The the first two games will present a tremendous challenge for the Rams “new” run D.
I think the Rams will end up keeping 7 WRs.
No idea about LB depth.
Dakota Allen flies around. Reeder didn’t look as good and got tossed. For being a vet Hagar still takes bad angles and like Kiser seems a step slow.
Too bad the Rams can’t convert some of the depth at DB to DL or LB.
Rapp just jumps out. May already be one of the better tacklers on the team.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My brightest spot has been the play of Obo, I’ve seen flashes of quality starter

Patrick and Howard playing well 2

Secondary depth looks pretty strong

All this Defense needs is a dependable tackling machine ILB
Meet Dakota Allen...

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Disagree with the call. Should have slid earlier to protect himself.
Should remove that rule from the books. I'd a QB wants to run he should lose QB protection, in my opinion.