Rams could still find help among available free agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
To each his own. I don't see it happening at all, so a mote point.

Will see what happens with Brian Quick. He have some serious competition .I think will be a lot better with a full off season after his shoulder surgery..

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not sure if Snisher likes any remaining FA's on the market...They signed Easley rather quickly....If they wanted Whitner, Goldson, or Boldin they'd be in horns....we're cool.
Personally I think we're fine, at least until after OTA's and a couple of Pre-Season games are under our collective belts!:shades::popcorn:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Boldin is no fool. He knows what the Rams just did at QB. He knows they have defense and teams covered. I am sure the Rams are on the list, not at the top but still a team he would consider.

He is the perfect fit for this offense for possession and mentoring of a young corps. Question is if the Rams realize that and are willing to go get him, because it might mean Britt is pushed out.
Even IF they brought in Boldin, I would hate to see them let Britt go! He's at least a good #2 WR!!(y)

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Not sure if Snisher likes any remaining FA's on the market...They signed Easley rather quickly....If they wanted Whitner, Goldson, or Boldin they'd be in horns....we're cool.

Yeah, it was funny how Whitner was sending out all those Tweets, dropping clues that his signing was inevitable. I wonder what that was all about?

Maybe overly confident? Some of these guys need to keep a lower profile. They need a social media coach, or something.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boldin's better days are far behind him. For what he'd cost I wouldn't take him.
How so? He's a season removed from back to back 1000 yard seasons and still managed almost 8 hundo last year with god awful QB play

RamWoodie

Legend
How so? He's a season removed from back to back 1000 yard seasons and still managed almost 8 hundo last year with god awful QB play
What you have in Boldin now is a guy who has lost speed. I'm not saying he can't contribute...his size is his biggest benefit today. Now...think about this...he still remains an FA, and no one has touched him yet. His asking price *may* be too high. The Rams are certainly not going to touch him given their cap situation...and it seems everyone else is in the same mindset. I expect if anyone signs him, he will have an incentive based contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/2078/anquan-boldin

The Niners haven't ruled him out though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What you have in Boldin now is a guy who has lost speed. I'm not saying he can't contribute...his size is his biggest benefit today. Now...think about this...he still remains an FA, and no one has touched him yet. His asking price *may* be too high. The Rams are certainly not going to touch him given their cap situation...and it seems everyone else is in the same mindset. I expect if anyone signs him, he will have an incentive based contract.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/2078/anquan-boldin

The Niners haven't ruled him out though.
He hasn't had speed in years.
He said months ago he wasn't in a hurry to sign with anyone. I don't buy the line that since nobody else signed him means that there's a problem.
I haven't read he had contract demands but I do recall him saying he wants to play for a winner. So he's looking for the right fit. Cant blame him
He'd be perfect for what Goff needs.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In reference to the seeking of a real old WR as a free agent who can help....& into that conversation.....Boldin might help for a very short time on the field... maybe. I am thinking that I rather have Kenny Britt play that role for this season as the young veteran leader of this youthful receiver cadre.

Kenny is getting paid real good & he is a pure Fisher wide out so lets build on that. I would prefer that we fill the 5 or 6 WR cadre with youthful talent now to which Goff can grow together with in the future. There is no future with Boldin.

RamWoodie

Legend
He hasn't had speed in years.
He said months ago he wasn't in a hurry to sign with anyone. I don't buy the line that since nobody else signed him means that there's a problem.
I haven't read he had contract demands but I do recall him saying he wants to play for a winner. So he's looking for the right fit. Cant blame him
He'd be perfect for what Goff needs.
Can't say I share your view. If I got paid as well as Boldin over the years I wouldn't be in a hurry either. He's not what the Rams need.

I'd rather save the Rams save the money and work with what they have.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't say I share your view. If I got paid as well as Boldin over the years I wouldn't be in a hurry either. He's not what the Rams need.

I'd rather save the Rams save the money and work with what they have.
Well I can't say I disagree with the last part as much as I did prior to the draft/UDFA period. I think we may have really struck gold with some of these guys. I think Boldin could help but think we're in fine shape without him too

RamWoodie

Legend
What I will say here is I'm really interested in what Brian Quick does this year, because clearly the writing is on the wall for him. I'm not sure if Fisher has told him as much, but the fact that he was only given a 1 year contract sends that message!

This was a guy the was really doing well in 2014 until he injured the shoulder. He was leading all the Ram WRs in receptions and yards. Teams were starting to realize he was a force. I'm not sure what was with him last year...but I do recall the game I went to in St Louis against SF. I watched Quick particularly on offense and there were several times he was open but Foles wasn't seeing the field well at all. That's I saw it anyway, but it's really up to Quick this season as to where he goes from here...and I'm sure he knows it...or he's not paying attention. I still believe (cautiously) he can be a force with His size and speed...but he best be aggressive and attentive on offense because I can't see anyone giving him a shot if he doesn't come around this year.

I also notice that Bailey is still on the roster...another guy that has potential but hasn't put it all together. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in camp.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The problem with Boldin is that he won't get away with pushing off as a Ram,
His game will be destroyed,

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also notice that Bailey is still on the roster...another guy that has potential but hasn't put it all together. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him in camp.

I would be very surprised if he passed his physical and was allowed to have contact. Two bullets in the brain is worse than the worst ever concussion. I don't see the Rams' Drs passing him as a safe health risk.

RamWoodie

Legend
I would be very surprised if he passed his physical and was allowed to have contact. Two bullets in the brain is worse than the worst ever concussion. I don't see the Rams' Drs passing him as a safe health risk.
I'm not sure about that but he's on the roster still...so I'm simply guessing it's possible he could play or he wouldn't be there.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
That is the issue with Bailey is the concussions. Doesn't sound like Dr's will clear him anytime soon, if at all

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure about that but he's on the roster still...so I'm simply guessing it's possible he could play or he wouldn't be there.

The physical he'd have to pass is right before training camp. He wants to try, and the Rams are going to be supportive. But I expect him to be put on the non-football injury list at the start of training camp. Then at some point he'll be offered a buyout, and offered a job with the Rams. Right now though, by being on the roster he has medical coverage, and access to NFL training.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd take a 5 year younger, Boldin.
I lobbied hard in here before he was traded to both Baltimore and SF.
Boldin can still help a team like our Rams on the field and in the locker room especially IMO. I think Goff would benefit from a proven vet out there, as well as our young receivers.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The problem with Boldin is that he won't get away with pushing off as a Ram
Maybe. Maybe not, but he has a lot of knowledge on HOW to get away with pushing off and other ways to beat the man in front of you. Our guys haven't shown much of that at all.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Maybe. Maybe not, but he has a lot of knowledge on HOW to get away with pushing off and other ways to beat the man in front of you. Our guys haven't shown much of that at all.

Might be a good thing to have a player like Boldin show our kids how to "legally" push off, MoJo? Lol.

I'm only half joking here, fellas.

Think about it. Meanwhile he could become Goff's "best friend" for a season.