Rams could still find help among available free agents

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams could still find help among available free agents
By Nick Wagoner

[espn.go.com]

For the most part, the Los Angeles Rams offseason roster tweaking is complete.

They managed to retain some of their key free agents, lose a few others and, of course, add another half-dozen players in the NFL draft. They've also added a large class of undrafted free agents.

But the Rams still have some needs and, as there often is, there are some veteran free agents remaining on the market who could have some appeal. NFL.com listed the six players it believes are the most interesting on the market. ESPN's free agent tracker also shows some intriguing names.

The Rams have already been linked to a pair of veteran safeties in Donte Whitner and Dashon Goldson to help fill their need on the back end. It still seems likely they'll add at least one of them depending on the price.

A name at the top of NFL.com's list that should also be intriguing for the Rams. Receiver Anquan Boldin has made it clear he'd like to join a contender, which might rule the Rams out in his eyes. But Boldin would be a logical fit for the Rams on a short-term deal since they have a pressing need for consistent receiver production. It wouldn't hurt to have Boldin around to set an example for their younger wideouts either, and it would mean he could stop torturing the Rams secondary, as well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Boldin might be a good fit. He needs to go to a teams that has a Run heavy Offence and a Strong Defense, So he can run the Short crossing routes!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sometimes you just have to say "NO". Bouldin on the Rams is almost like Ken Norton Jr. as a Ram, or Juan Marichal as a Dodger. Manny Rameriz as a Yankee. Just ain't a fit.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sometimes you just have to say "NO". Bouldin on the Rams is almost like Ken Norton Jr. as a Ram, or Juan Marichal as a Dodger. Manny Rameriz as a Yankee. Just ain't a fit.

Or Isaac Bruce as a 49er.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Originally I thought Boldin was a good idea, but he and Cooper have some similarities. So, let the young guys get as much playing time as possible. Britt, Austin, and Cooper are locks IMO. If Thomas impresses then that is 4. How many receivers do they keep? Bring in Bolden and that only allows for one more if the carry 6. Put the best on the practice squad and risk losing them. No thanks. The Rams aren't winning the Superbowl this year anyway.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm with you gnome, let they young guys get their reps. A guy like Boldin just takes away a roster spot.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Or Hacksaw Reynolds as a niner...........

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We really don't have room for Boldin unless we cut someone. Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Cooper, Thomas, Marquez is already crowded enough, not to mention some decent UDFAs we have. Sure, maybe Boldin produces more this year, but is it worth giving up a possible solid contributor for the next 4+? Tough call.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Marichal was with the Dodgers for a short time.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap

An enduring image from my childhood.....Marichal beating John Roseboro over the head with a bat and Willie Mays leading him back to the Dodger dugout...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd take Boldin all day
Why sign quick if Boldin is available ?

-- The Rams had there chance. Dude has to push off to get open.

My vision of him is seeing crying Harbaugh on the sideline after Boldin & his sorry azz heading butting Tru !! F- him &!the sorry Whinners.

dcramfan

UDFA
We really don't have room for Boldin unless we cut someone. Britt, Quick, Bailey, Austin, Cooper, Thomas, Marquez is already crowded enough, not to mention some decent UDFAs we have. Sure, maybe Boldin produces more this year, but is it worth giving up a possible solid contributor for the next 4+? Tough call.

I'd cut Quick in a heartbeat for Boldin. Not because Boldin is going to be the piece that puts us over the hump but because he is sadly better than the drek we have.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" I feel your pain!" But maybe, IF we can " Turn him away from the Dark side of the Force", We can get a little pay-back for the 49ers taking Hacksaw Reynolds, and B-R-U-C-E!(y);):D

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not sure if Snisher likes any remaining FA's on the market...They signed Easley rather quickly....If they wanted Whitner, Goldson, or Boldin they'd be in horns....we're cool.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boldin is no fool. He knows what the Rams just did at QB. He knows they have defense and teams covered. I am sure the Rams are on the list, not at the top but still a team he would consider.

He is the perfect fit for this offense for possession and mentoring of a young corps. Question is if the Rams realize that and are willing to go get him, because it might mean Britt is pushed out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why sign quick if Boldin is available ?

-- The Rams had there chance. Dude has to push off to get open.

My vision of him is seeing crying Harbaugh on the sideline after Boldin & his sorry azz heading butting Tru !! F- him &!the sorry Whinners.
I don't endorse signing Quick and have ne desire to see him make the team. I'm confident he wont.
If we could sign Boldin, he'd be the best WR on the team
And it would be great to not face him either, against the Rams as a 49er in 5 games he's had 32 catches for 446 yards and 4 td's and won 4 of 5 games

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I don't like the Boldin idea anymore, I was all for it until the draft. I think there is enough depth at WR now to create competition and hopefully get the best out of each of these guys. I would however pursue one of the safeties listed above because we need depth and I would love either Whitner or Goldson on the other side of McDonald(if he doesn't get in trouble)