1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams contact Favre

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by The Rammer, Oct 24, 2013.

1. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

WHATEVER!!! Thought our team wasn't a fan of the circus, unlike the Jets. I doubt this happened...

2. PhxRam The Estimated Prophet

There are now

3. Stranger How big is infinity?

gotta love the interwebs

4. NERamsFan Member

Would've loved to seen him sign.

5. HometownBoy STL sports aficionado

Supposedly he declined because he's having memory lapses, looks like all those hard hits are catching up with the Gunslinger. Lets just hope he doesn't go the way of McMahon.

6. jap Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Kurt removing the coat & tie for Horns Blue & Gold. And while he's at it, let him bring Isaac, Torry, and Ricky Proehl to show these young 'uns how the game is played.

7. Pancake Active Member

Some of you guys might be falling for the legend of Favre and forgetting the reality. He's not a leader. He's a very selfish player. He's not going to come here and put the team and these young players first on his agenda.

8. jsimcox Active Member

I, like others, am glad he turned us down. By the time he leans the playbook, and gets re-acclimated to the speed of the NFL it would probably be the end of the season anyway.
    May as well roll with Killer Kellen, he would probably be better than Favre at this point anyway, given his familiarity with the system and the receivers.
    You never know, he could even be the architect of a Quick breakout, given how much they have practiced with the '2's together. Unlikely, but hey, even a Rams fan can dream, right? :)

9. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

Although I'm not sure how much weight to put in Schefter..........Sometimes he has solid info........other times he's just full of crap.

10. jap Well-Known Member

Both QB's Austin Davis and Kellen Clemens might clamor for Stedman Bailey's on-field presence too. Remember, Sted opened their eyes when they went to WVA to work out Tavon and Sted. One of them (I believe it was Kellen) said something like, "Throwing to Sted is like throwing to a 6'3" receiver."

So you may hear these guys pushing for WVA's little big man (i.e., Sted---not Tavon).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    2 people like this.
  11. BigRamFan Living the life Jimmy Buffett only sang about.

I hope he gets an opportunity to actually, you know, run a route. Let's see what he can do. He sure put up monster numbers his Sr. year at WVU.

12. fancents86 Member

I'm glad he declined. Would have been an absolute failure for the team. We more than likely would have spent the rest of our cap money to get an old qbto cover half the season, if helasted that long. just bc he's in shape doesnt mean he can take a hit.

13. jap Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is a difference between being in shape and being in football shape.

14. BobCarl Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2013