Rams contact Favre

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
WHATEVER!!! Thought our team wasn't a fan of the circus, unlike the Jets. I doubt this happened...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Supposedly he declined because he's having memory lapses, looks like all those hard hits are catching up with the Gunslinger. Lets just hope he doesn't go the way of McMahon.

jap

Legend
I wouldn't mind Kurt removing the coat & tie for Horns Blue & Gold. And while he's at it, let him bring Isaac, Torry, and Ricky Proehl to show these young 'uns how the game is played.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Some of you guys might be falling for the legend of Favre and forgetting the reality. He's not a leader. He's a very selfish player. He's not going to come here and put the team and these young players first on his agenda.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
I, like others, am glad he turned us down. By the time he leans the playbook, and gets re-acclimated to the speed of the NFL it would probably be the end of the season anyway.
May as well roll with Killer Kellen, he would probably be better than Favre at this point anyway, given his familiarity with the system and the receivers.
You never know, he could even be the architect of a Quick breakout, given how much they have practiced with the '2's together. Unlikely, but hey, even a Rams fan can dream, right? :)

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
as per Adam Schefter ESPN

Asccording to Adam Schefter, Rams called 44 y/o Brett Favre to gauge interest in return to NFL after losing QB Sam Bradford to injury. Favre declined.

If this is true -_-

Although I'm not sure how much weight to put in Schefter..........Sometimes he has solid info........other times he's just full of crap.

jap

Legend
I, like others, am glad he turned us down. By the time he leans the playbook, and gets re-acclimated to the speed of the NFL it would probably be the end of the season anyway.
May as well roll with Killer Kellen, he would probably be better than Favre at this point anyway, given his familiarity with the system and the receivers.
You never know, he could even be the architect of a Quick breakout, given how much they have practiced with the '2's together. Unlikely, but hey, even a Rams fan can dream, right? :)

Both QB's Austin Davis and Kellen Clemens might clamor for Stedman Bailey's on-field presence too. Remember, Sted opened their eyes when they went to WVA to work out Tavon and Sted. One of them (I believe it was Kellen) said something like, "Throwing to Sted is like throwing to a 6'3" receiver."

So you may hear these guys pushing for WVA's little big man (i.e., Sted---not Tavon).

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I hope he gets an opportunity to actually, you know, run a route. Let's see what he can do. He sure put up monster numbers his Sr. year at WVU.

fancents86

Starter
I'm glad he declined. Would have been an absolute failure for the team. We more than likely would have spent the rest of our cap money to get an old qbto cover half the season, if helasted that long. just bc he's in shape doesnt mean he can take a hit.

jap

Legend
I'm glad he declined. Would have been an absolute failure for the team. We more than likely would have spent the rest of our cap money to get an old qbto cover half the season, if helasted that long. just bc he's in shape doesnt mean he can take a hit.

Yeah, there is a difference between being in shape and being in football shape.