Rams considering trading up with the Texans for Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just another silly rumor? That trade would certainly surprise me! Although, I wouldn't mind seeing the Rams select Robinson at #2 I can't imagine them trading with the Texans to get him.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I don't see any scenario where it would make sense for us to trade up for anyone...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[av]http://www.moviewavs.com/0093058674/MP3S/Movies/Forrest_Gump/stupid.mp3[/av]

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
LOL, if they want Robinson at #1 they can have him. Just makes our pick at #2 more valuable.

Someone want them to trade up with the Texans, probably a Texans fan.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah let's trade up for a guy we can get at 2, makes as much sense as a Billy Devaney free agent signing.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To be fair, if Robinson is really who they want and Houston wants like a 7th rounder to move back one place, why not

FRO

Legend
I'd trade up for Clowney, as long as it didn't cost more than a third.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
To be fair, if Robinson is really who they want and Houston wants like a 7th rounder to move back one place, why not

Because its highly unlikely Houston takes Robinson anyway so he'd still be there at 2. You're giving up a pick for no reason.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Because its highly unlikely Houston takes Robinson anyway so he'd still be there at 2. You're giving up a pick for no reason.
The question is whether they'd be willing to trade that to someone else who wants Robinson instead.

For instance, what if they said to the Rams we had an offer from X team who clearly wants Robinson. We know that you've been wanting him too. But we don't want to move all the way back to where X is. What would you give us to switch places? I think this was the situation that occurred two years ago when Cleveland moved up from 4 to 3 to make sure they got "their guy" in Richardson.

jap

Legend
The question is whether they'd be willing to trade that to someone else who wants Robinson instead.

For instance, what if they said to the Rams we had an offer from X team who clearly wants Robinson. We know that you've been wanting him too. But we don't want to move all the way back to where X is. What would you give us to switch places? I think this was the situation that occurred two years ago when Cleveland moved up from 4 to 3 to make sure they got "their guy" in Richardson.

That is the only scenario I saw where the Horns might want to move up, and then again only if they were so much smitten with Greg and thought they may not get Jake without moving up from #13 overall.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

That's fair. There's talk of the Falcon's trading up to 1 for Robinson. In that case I'd prefer to stay pat at 2 and take Matthews.