Rams Comp Picks in 2024

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I wouldn’t mind me some Gaines over a 7th but understand the money constraints.

Not me.

Gaines' one-year-deal with Tampa is structured so that his 2023 cap-hit is $1.6M. That's Nothing.

Gaines is a quality, young interior-DL. He was a mid-round-pick that worked-out really well for the Rams. There have been many mid-rounders who did not work-out-well.

Although, I understand that the 2023 cap is tight, that's due in larger part to the Rams willingness to take-on a tremendous amount of Dead-$. Currently $74M. Second highest to ... wait for it ... Tampa ... Gaines' new team. It's the Rams' decision to do that; and resulted (in part) from negotiating some bad contracts.

The Rams should have been able to hold onto Gaines. His loss bothered me the most this off-season.

To be fair, I hated it when the Rams lost Cory Littleton, and really hated the loss of John Johnson. Littleton did nothing after leaving the Rams; and they effectively replaced Johnson. So I was dead-wrong both instances. Let's All Hope, I go 0-for-3!!!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not me.

Gaines' one-year-deal with Tampa is structured so that his 2023 cap-hit is $1.6M. That's Nothing.

Gaines is a quality, young interior-DL. He was a mid-round-pick that worked-out really well for the Rams. There have been many mid-rounders who did not work-out-well.

Although, I understand that the 2023 cap is tight, that's due in larger part to the Rams willingness to take-on a tremendous amount of Dead-$. Currently $74M. Second highest to ... wait for it ... Tampa ... Gaines' new team. It's the Rams' decision to do that; and resulted (in part) from negotiating some bad contracts.

The Rams should have been able to hold onto Gaines. His loss bothered me the most this off-season.

To be fair, I hated it when the Rams lost Cory Littleton, and really hated the loss of John Johnson. Littleton did nothing after leaving the Rams; and they effectively replaced Johnson. So I was dead-wrong both instances. Let's All Hope, I go 0-for-3!!!
I give you a LOL emoji and an Award Winner!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I give you a LOL emoji and an Award Winner!
I am humbled.

giphy.gif

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Are other factors at work with the guys we lost via free agency? NFL teams offer the contract for what you're value is going forward. Sometimes (most times) players want to be rewarded for what they've done. It's rarely any higher than post Championship. I know the Rams are cap strapped but still, 1 yr deals? Affordable? Or do we (fans) over value our own? Is Gaines really good? Is A'Shawn? Troy Hill? Scott? Rapp?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're gonna get a couple free sandwiches from Subway for this offseason.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Are other factors at work with the guys we lost via free agency? NFL teams offer the contract for what you're value is going forward. Sometimes (most times) players want to be rewarded for what they've done. It's rarely any higher than post Championship. I know the Rams are cap strapped but still, 1 yr deals? Affordable? Or do we (fans) over value our own? Is Gaines really good? Is A'Shawn? Troy Hill? Scott? Rapp?
A'Shawn Robinson was dominant against the run, down-the-stretch and in the playoffs in 2021.

Dominant. Couple plays into the Super Bowl, Collinsworth called him the best run-stuffer on-the-field.

Gaines played a ton of good football when healthy over the past three years. Do you recall the 3rd-and-1 run-stuff of Perine right before the 4th-and-1 play that closed-out the Rams' Super Bowl win? It was Donald and Gaines. Each had one arm on a blocker, and one arm free for the tackle. Neither makes the tackle on his own.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Okay. They're good at times. A'Shawn was good in 2021. And that was the only season he stayed healthy for us. Gaines flashed a lot. But were they asking the Rams for more than their value? We may never know.

I remember CCs exact comment on A'Shawn. "I'll tell you what. I'd look to see if A'Shawn Robinson is on the field and if he is, I wouldn't run"

But that was 2021. We'll see if we're gonna miss those guys.....A'Shawn, Gaines, Rapp, Scott, Hill, Long, Floyd, Wagner and Ramsey. That's a lot of guys.