Rams-Colts: Five Things to Watch + Keys to Victory

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams-Colts: Five Things to Watch

By Norm Sanders

http://www.bnd.com/sports/nfl/st-louis-rams/article32670546.html#storylink=cpy

The St. Louis Rams play their preseason home opener at 7 p.m. Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts at the Edward Jones Dome. Here are five key areas to watch as the home fans get their first live look at coach Jeff Fisher’s squad (7 p.m. kickoff; TV: Fox Channel 2; Radio: WXOS-FM 101.1):

1. Many coaches use the third preseason game as something of a dress rehearsal to unveil a little more of their offense and push some of their starters into the second quarter. Will Fisher follow the plan?

It’s doubtful. He likes to keep everything close to the vest and throughout the preseason has kept things on offense about as spicy as cold oatmeal and a glass of water. I would think the Rams may show a little more than they have, but don’t be too sure. It would be good to see a little more production from new quarterback Nick Foles, who has completed 6-of-12 passes for 87 yards and no TDs with one interception.

2. How are the training camp battles going? Has anyone done enough to push themselves up the depth chart?

Based on game production I’d say backup quarterback Case Keenum (19-for-33 in the preseason for 247 yards and one touchdown) has been impressive. He started games with the Houston Texans last season and was with the Rams briefly, and seems to have an edge on another veteran competing for the backup job, Austin Davis. In fairness, Davis hasn’t gotten much work with the first or second offensive units. There doesn’t seem to be much room at running back, receiver or the defensive line outside of the proven performers. That being said, there’s always hot competition for that final handful of roster spots when teams make the cut to get down to the 53-man roster.

3. With running back Todd Gurley cleared to return to active practice duty from ACL surgery rehab — he still won’t play in a preseason game — what type of impact could he have on the Rams this season?

The Rams didn’t draft the former Georgia star 10th overall to sit on the bench. Once he’s healthy and comfortable with the offense, expect to see the team ease him into things before giving him the full-time No. 1 job. One of the most impressive running backs in camp has been Trey Watts, an elusive speedburner who has to sit out the first four games of the season because he violated the NFL substance abuse policy. Isaiah Pead, coming off knee surgery, is another option.

4. One of the most-watched aspects of camp has been the development of the rookies on the offensive line and the battle at center. Where do things stand now?

There is no question that the Rams are starting high draft picks Rob Havenstein at right tackle and Jamon Brown at right guard. Barrett Jones remains the top option at center, apparently, over Tim Barnes. The third center in that battle, Demetrius Rhaney, has seen time at left guard during recent practices while Rodger Saffold (shoulder) has been out. Another rookie draft pick, Cody Wichmann, is expected to see his first action of the preseason after missing time with a calf injury.

5. Chris Givens caught an 80-yard TD pass from Case Keenum in the loss to Tennessee last Sunday. Could he still have an impact role in this offense?

It’s possible. Givens leads the Rams with five catches for 116 yards in the preseason. He and Tavon Austin are the quickest receivers and Rams’ fans remember Givens’ rookie season when he made an array of catches of 50 yards or more. However, Givens caught only 11 passes last season for 159 yards, including a 47-yard TD pass. That team lost emerging wideout Brian Quick to a shoulder injury and Givens didn’t step up then. This might be another good opportunity.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I cut Givens some slack, his biggest impact is with his speed and beating guys out, not only was he not utilized well by Schotty, but Clemens, Davis and Hill couldn't hit him with their noodle arms. Doesn't matter who you beat if your QB throws it 20 yards behind you.

He has a lot of problems to work out on his own, but he was also just as much a victim as our poor offense as anybody else was.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
4. One of the most-watched aspects of camp has been the development of the rookies on the offensive line and the battle at center. Where do things stand now?

There is no question that the Rams are starting high draft picks Rob Havenstein at right tackle and Jamon Brown at right guard. Barrett Jones remains the top option at center, apparently, over Tim Barnes. The third center in that battle, Demetrius Rhaney, has seen time at left guard during recent practices while Rodger Saffold (shoulder) has been out. Another rookie draft pick, Cody Wichmann, is expected to see his first action of the preseason after missing time with a calf injury.

https://thetelegraph.com/sports/70348/rams-new-o-lineis-struggling-to-jell

Rams’ new O-line is struggling to jell
First Posted: 1:35 pm - August 28th, 2015 Updated: 2:23 pm - August 28th, 2015.

By Nate Latsch - Associated Press

web1_829FisherMug1.jpg

ST. LOUIS — It’s no secret that the St. Louis Rams want to run the ball this season, but their renovated starting offensive line has yet to come together through their first two preseason games.

The Rams’ starting unit has produced just three points in their six series of work in preseason losses to the Oakland Raiders and Tennessee Titans. They will go into this Saturday night’s game against the visiting Indianapolis Colts looking to show improvement.

“We want to do well and we want to clean up a lot of mistakes we’ve made,” Barrett Jones said. “We feel like we’ve shot ourselves in the foot too many times — too many penalties and mental errors. But at the same time we’re not putting too much pressure on it. We know we’ve still got time to fix everything that we’ve done wrong, so we’re excited about it. We’re looking forward to hopefully getting out there and putting up a good showing.”

Jones, Tim Barnes and Demetrius Rhaney are all competing for the starting center spot and taking turns anchoring the Rams’ top line.

Barnes started at center for the preseason opener, while Rhaney started at center against the Titans. Rams coach Jeff Fisher hasn’t indicated who will start at center against the Colts, but it will likely be either Jones or Barnes because Rhaney has been working at left guard in place of the injured Rodger Saffold.

“We’re moving people around, so guys are getting a lot of valuable experience, especially Garrett (Reynolds),” Fisher said. “Garrett’s playing guard and playing tackle. Same with Demetrius (Rhaney) playing guard and center. So that’s really valuable experience for him.”

Fisher said earlier in the week that he wasn’t concerned about the lack of offense for the starting unit through the first two preseason games.

“We’ll be doing a little bit more offensively, so I would expect us to be able to score some points,” Fisher said. “We’re protecting the ball for the most part, with the exception of the interception (against the Titans). … From a point-scoring standpoint, it’d be good to put some points on the board offensively.”

The Rams’ starting offense gained 67 yards on six plays on the opening drive against the Oakland Raiders, culminating in a field goal, but then gained just six yards on six plays in their second series after being pushed back by a sack.

The first-team offense saw more time against the Titans with four possessions of work, but couldn’t produce any points.

Through the first two preseason games, the Rams have 40 yards rushing on 14 carries — an average of 2.9 yards per carry — and quarterback Nick Foles is 6 for 12 for 87 yards passing, with one interception and a quarterback rating of 39.2.

Those aren’t promising numbers for a team that finished 21st in the NFL in scoring a year ago (20.3 points per game) and ranked 28th in total offense (314.7 yards per game).

“I think there’s time to jell,” Jones said. “Certainly no one’s panicking about anything. We all feel good about our potential and what we can be as an offense.”

The Rams return two starters on the offensive line in Saffold and second-year left tackle Greg Robinson. Those two will be joined by whoever wins the job at center and then a pair of rookies in second-rounder Rob Havenstein at right tackle and third-rounder Jamon Brown at right guard.

Fisher said Havenstein and Brown will get some extra work Saturday.

“We need to get them some more live reps,” Fisher said. “I keep going back to the Dallas experience, those were extra reps. But I think you’ll probably see them play most of the first half this week.”

Four of the players who started on the Rams’ line at the start of the 2014 season — Robinson was a reserve for the first four games before starting the final 12 — are no longer with the team.

Left tackle Jake Long and center Scott Wells were both released in salary cap-savings moves, while right guard Davin Joseph and right tackle Joe Barksdale were not re-signed as unrestricted free agents.

Of those four players, only Barksdale is currently playing in the NFL. He signed a one-year deal with the San Diego Chargers and is currently lining up as their starting right tackle after holding that position the past two seasons in St. Louis.

The Rams’ line will look much different this season. They are hoping that it turns out looking better than a year ago when they went 6-10.

NOTES: Hall of Famer Aeneas Williams stopped by practice on Thursday(y). … Defensive tackles Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers and Nick Fairley didn’t participate in the team drills during practice.

V3

Hall of Fame
We need to get them some more live reps,” Fisher said. “I keep going back to the Dallas experience, those were extra reps. But I think you’ll probably see them play most of the first half this week.”

Play most of the first half? How about you have them play ALL of the first half and some of the third. Your starters are near the bottom of the NFL for preseason snaps. For this young line, that's inexcusable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Play most of the first half? How about you have them play ALL of the first half and some of the third. Your starters are near the bottom of the NFL for preseason snaps. For this young line, that's inexcusable.
I don't know that I'd call it 'inexcusable', when you consider they had an extra (equally meaningless) game against the Cowboys. I'd add those snaps into the mix as well. It's likely they'll play the entire first half this week, and 3 quarters the following week. Plus there's the allotted 4 full-contact practices you can have in camp to prepare for the season. It's a delicate balance getting these guys experience and keeping them free from injury. I really don't see anything that Fisher is doing that could be considered negligent, all things considered.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams' defense step up in class vs. Luck, Colts
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_3acc8be1-86d8-5607-886a-aa437a028464.html

The top story so far this preseason has been the starting offense’s inability to get out of its own way. As for the work of the Rams’ first-team defense? So-so.

Entering Saturday’s 7 p.m. contest against Indianapolis at the Edward Jones Dome, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams’s starting unit has given up 191 yards but just two field goals in five total series against Oakland and Tennessee.

But it took an end zone interception by cornerback Trumaine Johnson to end one drive against Oakland. And in Nashville, Tennessee running back Dexter McCluster dropped what should’ve been a touchdown pass from Marcus Mariota in the end zone, causing the Titans to settle for a field goal.

“We’ve got to get better on both sides of the ball, my brother,” defensive end William Hayes said after the Rams’ 27-14 loss to Tennessee. “We’re doing a lot of things that good football teams don’t do right now.

“I can’t speak for the offense, but defensively there’s just a lot of plays that we’re not making where we’re not really doing our jobs like we’re supposed to. We’ll get it fixed. I know up front, we’re not really being gap sound. Like I said, that’s something that’s easy to correct.”

There’s more of a veteran presence on the defense, even though the Rams don’t have a player over 30 years old (on either side of the ball). And when it comes to the front seven in particular, there are no excuse makers.

This unit knows when it plays well and knows when it doesn’t. And it has enough talent, savvy, and work ethic to fix things that go wrong.

“We’re not playing the way we should be right now,” defensive end Robert Quinn said. “We still have a couple more weeks to improve, but those weeks fly by. You can’t take one day for granted.

“So hopefully guys after this (Tennessee) game realize what’s at stake. What’s our true potential. Hopefully guys just start playing the way we should. There were some positives, but I think at the end of the day we had too many negative plays, and that’s not the type of style the defense really wants to play.”

Tennessee got out of the gates quickly Sunday night with a 16-yard pass play and then an 18-yard run by Bishop Sankey on its first two plays.

On the Titans’ second possession, tight end Craig Stevens got loose for a 35-yard catch and run on a play where both Johnson and safety T.J. McDonald were in the vicinity but got caught looking in the backfield for the run.

Two plays later, Sankey broke loose for a 19-yard run. On one of the long Sankey runs, linebacker Alec Ogletree failed to fill the gap, giving Sankey a clear seam to get off the line of scrimmage.

A few yards downfield, linebacker James Laurinaitis was blocked out of the play by a Tennessee guard. Strong defensive line play versus the run keeps offensive linemen from getting those second-level blocks on linebackers and safeties.

At the end of the second drive, on the dropped TD pass, Ogletree strayed from his coverage area in zone defense, which left McCluster wide open.

After watching the Rams’ defensive starters yield 5.9 yards a carry in the first two preseason games (94 yards on 16 carries total), coach Jeff Fisher placed special emphasis on the run game in Tuesday’s practice.

“We got some things fixed,” Fisher said. “Again, we didn’t prepare an awful lot for (Tennessee’s) formations and things, and their run game. We did make adjustments, however, in the second half. I thought we made a lot of plays on the other side of the line of scrimmage, which was good.”

The Titans had only 36 rushing yards on 13 carries in the second half and rushed for only 56 yards on 20 carries once the Rams’ first-team defense was done for the night in the second quarter.

Obviously, the Rams need to get that kind of play from their starting unit — not just the reserves — once the real games begin Sept. 13 against Seattle.

“Any time you’re not playing good football there’s a sense of urgency,” Hayes said. “I’m a realist. They (Tennessee) kind of did what they wanted to with us. And it wasn’t because they were just better than us. It was because we weren’t doing what we were supposed to do. So I think once we fix that, we’ll be fine. It’s small stuff that’s easily correctable.”

The starting defense steps up in class Saturday in facing quarterback Andrew Luck and the potent Indianapolis offense. Like the Rams, the Colts are 0-2 in the preseason and haven’t done much offensively in losses to Philadelphia and Chicago, scoring only 21 points total.

Luck has been on the field for only 4½ series, completing 10 of 15 passes for 114 yards. On the Colts’ only TD drive under his stewardship, Luck ran it in himself for a 5-yard score.

The Colts have had issues with their offensive line, but Luck is surrounded by a talented group of receivers and now has former San Francisco 49er Frank Gore to bolster the running game.

“He’s got a tremendously strong arm, quick release, sees the field,” Fisher said of Luck. “And then he’s mobile. He buys time in the pocket, scrambles around. ... He’s the real deal. Don’t know how much he’s going to play, but it’ll be a good challenge for our defense.”

And another chance to step beyond the ranks of the so-so.

RamBill

Legend
Ram notes: Rookie QB Mannion makes the most of limited action
• By Joe Lyons

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_f0bdb168-b15c-5dc1-8e38-bee25b70b92c.html

As a rookie in his first NFL training camp, quarterback Sean Mannion is learning the virtue of patience.

“It’s definitely different, but I think it’s different for everybody here,’’ the 23-year-old from Oregon State said this week after a workout at Rams Park. “Every one of these guys was one of the best players on his college team. As a quarterback, I’m obviously not getting the reps I was getting a year ago, so you make sure that you’re learning in other ways. For me, that means standing behind the play and near the other quarterbacks. Nick (Foles), Austin (Davis) and Case (Keenum) have all won games in the NFL and they’re a great resource for me. There’s so much value in what I can learn from them, not only on the practice field but also in the meeting room.’’

In addition, Mannion can usually be found getting in some extra throws with rookie receivers after practice.

“It’s a great way to get in some extra reps and make sure you’re getting in enough work,’’ he said. “But even then, it’s more than just running routes — you’re not just going out to the driving range and swinging away — we’re trying to apply that work the same way we would in a game, thinking about the pattern, the protection and the situation.’’

Mannion, a third-round draft pick in May, seems to be catching on pretty well. He’s come on late in the team’s first two preseason games and excelled while running the two-minute offense. In the 18-3 loss to Oakland, he completed eight of 13 passes for 53 yards. He was even better late in the 27-14 loss at Tennessee, completing six of seven for 93 yards, including a 54-yard touchdown to rookie running back Malcolm Brown.

“I’ve always enjoyed the two-minute offense and I feel fortunate for the chances I’ve gotten,” the 6-foot-6, 233-pound Mannion said. “It’s great situational football work, especially for a quarterback because it forces you to manage the clock and deal with different situations. On top of that, the game gets simplified; your reads don’t change but your mentality does. Instead of worrying about putting together a huge drive, my focus is on completions.

“The touchdown to Malcolm was a perfect example. Instead of thinking about a 60-yard drive, I was able to go through my progressions before throwing maybe an 8-yard pass. Then he breaks a couple of tackles and takes it to the house.’’

Mannion said getting completions on his first pass in each game has helped his confidence.

“It’s tough, going through pregame warmups and then trying to keep yourself prepared, knowing that you’re not getting in until late in the game,’’ he said. “Against Oakland, I think my first pass was a screen to Danny (Rodriguez). I was able to take a breath, knowing that I’d completed my first NFL pass, and from there I was able to get into a little bit of a rhythm. And the experience in Nashville was very similar.

“It’s been a great experience so far. Each day, I’m reminded how lucky I am, but at the same time, I realize there’s still a lot of work to be done.’’

NOT LOOKING BACK

The last time the Rams faced the Colts was on Nov. 10, 2013, as the visiting club stunned playoff-bound Indianapolis 38-8 at Lucas Oil Stadium. In that game, the Rams quickly quieted the big crowd by building a 28-0 halftime lead and were up 38-0 before Indianapolis scored.

That game marked the coming out party for Tavon Austin. The No. 8 overall pick in that year’s draft, Austin finished the day with 314 total yards and three touchdowns.

With the Rams already up 14-0 early in the second quarter, he grabbed a bouncing punt near his goal line and returned it 98 yards down the right sideline for his first score. Later in the quarter, he blew by the Colts’ defense along the left sideline to haul in a 57-yard scoring pass from Kellen Clemens.

Just after halftime, he caught a Clemens pass over the middle and outran the Indy defense for an 81-yard touchdown that stretched the Rams’ lead to 35-0.

In that game, Austin returned four punts for 145 yards, one kickoff for 27, had one carry for 4 and caught two passes for 138.

“It was definitely a huge day for me and thankful for everything that went my way that day,’’ said Austin, now in his third NFL season. “But I can’t get that game back. It’s a great memory, but at this point, it really doesn’t mean a thing.’’

Austin, who stands 5 feet 8 and weighs 176 pounds, is expecting big things this season.

“I worked hard in the offseason and I’m anxious to see that work pay off,’’ the 24-year-old said. “I won’t say things are easier, but the game has definitely slowed down. I’m mentally stronger now and I have a better feel for the playbook. I want to play smart and focus on making plays.’’

In an 18-3 loss to Oakland to open the preseason, Austin caught a short pass from Nick Foles on the second play of the opening drive and turned it into a 35-yard gain. It helped set up a Greg Zuerlein field goal.

Last weekend, in a 27-14 loss in Tennessee, Austin was targeted twice but did not have a catch.

“We’ve got some work to do, trying to develop some offensive chemistry,’’ Austin said. “But I’m confident it’ll come.’’

RAM-BLING

The Rams will hold a walk-through Wednesday at Scott Air Force Base. The visit has become an annual tradition as the team shows its appreciation for America’s servicemen and women. As part of the unique experience, 22 military personnel will be selected to take the field and participate in the practice, which is expected to last about an hour.

Following the short workout, the Rams will sign autographs.

On Thursday, the Rams close out the preseason at 7 p.m. against the Kansas City Chiefs at the Edward Jones Dome.

RamBill

Legend
Rams vs. Colts: 5 things to watch
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_fac48bd3-9786-5566-a218-385d5304926a.html

DAVIS’ LAST STAND?

It has become clear that Case Keenum is the QB of choice for the backup job behind Nick Foles. Austin Davis, who started eight games for the Rams last season, winning three, looks like the odd man out. Davis has played only two series so far — one in each preseason game behind the third-team line. Looks like the handwriting’s on the wall.

ON GUARD

Demetrius Rhaney started last week at center; it looks like he’ll start at left guard against the Colts with Rodger Saffold still sidelined by a shoulder injury. Rhaney had some rough moments vs. Tennessee but caught the coaches’ eyes with a strong performances in Oxnard, Calif., vs. the Cowboys. He played more guard than center in college.

CORNER MARKET

Janoris Jenkins, Trumaine Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner and Marcus Roberson are entrenched as the top four cornerbacks. But with E.J. Gaines out for the year, the battle is on for a fifth and possibly sixth cornerback spot on the 53-man roster. With Brandon McGee out with a foot injury, Imoan Claiborne could have the inside track.

OFFENSE, ANYONE?

In six preseason series, Foles and the first-team offense have managed a mere five first downs, 113 yards, and one measly field goal. Young offensive line notwithstanding, it’s time to get something going. The Rams have done some rudimentary game-planning and watched some film on Indianapolis; maybe that will help.

QUICK RETURNS

The starters on both sides of the ball could play the entire first half tonight. How much WR Brian Quick is on the field remains to be seen, but he should be out there. He was cleared for full-go practice this week and is expected to play his first game of any kind since suffering a season-ending shoulder injury in Game 7 last season vs. Kansas City.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I cut Givens some slack, his biggest impact is with his speed and beating guys out, not only was he not utilized well by Schotty, but Clemens, Davis and Hill couldn't hit him with their noodle arms. Doesn't matter who you beat if your QB throws it 20 yards behind you.

He has a lot of problems to work out on his own, but he was also just as much a victim as our poor offense as anybody else was.

Givens is no good to us as a 5th WR. He needs to be put in the game in certain packages, and have one deep ball thrown to him at least once game. If he's a one trick pony, that's fine. Put him on the right side, and run to the left. Next time, throw it to him deep. He will get behind the safety easily, and could score a TD at best, and at worst back up the defense every times he's in the game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Since when is watts a speed burner. Dude is slow as dirt
He's not. I don't know who that reporter is who said that, but he's definitely not a "speed burner". He is, however, pretty damn decisive and has quickness in and out of his cuts. It's not often you need straight-line speed as a running back. I mean, we only saw Mason do it once when he got through the first level and took it 80 yards to the house. All the other times you're just trying to get to that second level with good vision and strong running. I'd like to see Watts get a few snaps with the 1's just to see if he can do the same things we saw against Tennessee's 2's and 3's.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He needs to be put in the game in certain packages, and have one deep ball thrown to him at least once game. If he's a one trick pony, that's fine. Put him on the right side, and run to the left. Next time, throw it to him deep. He will get behind the safety easily, and could score a TD at best, and at worst back up the defense every times he's in the game.

That's exactly how I see it.

No question he's working to improve other parts of his game, but this might be his role at this point. If that translates to 3-4 big plays this season, that might not be bad for the 6th WR on the team.

Athos

Legend
The first team offense to stay in until they score an actual TD is my #1.

Two is cleaning up the damn run D. That worries me greatly.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Two is cleaning up the damn run D. That worries me greatly.

But why does it worry you? The players remain unchanged, except we've added Fairley and Ayers.

Personally, I'm not getting worked up yet. (y)

lockdnram21

Legend
He's not. I don't know who that reporter is who said that, but he's definitely not a "speed burner". He is, however, pretty damn decisive and has quickness in and out of his cuts. It's not often you need straight-line speed as a running back. I mean, we only saw Mason do it once when he got through the first level and took it 80 yards to the house. All the other times you're just trying to get to that second level with good vision and strong running. I'd like to see Watts get a few snaps with the 1's just to see if he can do the same things we saw against Tennessee's 2's and 3's.
I don't think he can tbh. I want to see lead with the 1s

RamBill

Legend
Rams starters likely to play more against Colts
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...ms-starters-likely-to-play-more-against-colts

The St. Louis Rams host the Indianapolis Colts in their third preseason game Saturday at 8 p.m. ET at the Edward Jones Dome. Here's a couple of things to watch for during the game:

Why watch: Of all the preseason games to watch, the third one is generally the closest approximation of a regular season contest. Although the Rams didn't game plan much for the Colts, coach Jeff Fisher acknowledged that they did at least take a look at some tape during the week. The starters didn't play into the second quarter in either of the first two preseason contests but could go all the way to halftime in this one, offering a closer look at the personnel they plan to use when the season starts on Sept. 13.

Did you know?: Andrew Luck has proved to be the franchise savior many expected he'd be when he arrived in Indianapolis in 2012. But what many don't remember is that were it not for a botched snap on a field goal in Cleveland in the 2011 season, the Rams would have had the first pick in that draft. The Browns fumbled the snap on a potential game-winning field goal, handing the Rams the victory. That win left the Rams with the second pick, which they traded to Washington. Whether the Rams would have kept the first pick and drafted Luck or traded it away is something we'll never truly know but chances are strong that Luck wouldn't be a Colt were it not for the botched snap.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Did you know?: Andrew Luck has proved to be the franchise savior many expected he'd be when he arrived in Indianapolis in 2012. But what many don't remember is that were it not for a botched snap on a field goal in Cleveland in the 2011 season, the Rams would have had the first pick in that draft.
Everybody knows that.

Literally everybody.