Rams Coaching Interviews:It's official, McVay hired

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
OK, one more thing: Josh McDaniels?? Are you people serious?? He's a spoiled little child and has no business managing anything more than an offense.

Don't want him either because I don't trust the Belichick tree but "spoiled little child," how did you get that view of him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That is key with any hire
Agree. That's why I'm more concerned about it.
I wonder how Vermeil would have done if he never hired Martz.
Because he was sucking the life out of that team before him.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...in-coaching-interviews-focus-on-new-direction

Rams begin coaching interviews, focus on new direction
  • by Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

The Rams also spent Monday requesting permission to speak with current NFL coaches. That included Kyle Shanahan (Falcons offensive coordinator), Josh McDaniels (Patriots offensive coordinator), Matt Patricia (Patriots defensive coordinator), Sean McVay (Redskins offensive coordinator), Harold Goodwin (Cardinals offensive coordinator), Anthony Lynn (Bills interim coach), Doug Marrone (Jaguars interim coach) and Steve Wilks (Panthers assistant head coach), according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Another potential candidate is current head coach Asshole Face, who would only be available if the New Orleans Saints are open to a trade.

The Rams will interview coaches from teams that are not in the playoffs from Tuesday to Friday, then speak with candidates from teams who have a first-round bye on Saturday and Sunday. Later this month, they'll interview coaches from other playoff teams, a list that will probably include the likes of Jim Bob Cooter (Lions offensive coordinator), Vance Joseph (Dolphins defensive coordinator) and Todd Haley (Steelers offensive coordinator).
I hope this isn't the complete List! And I hope we have a nice Staff of interviewers to question the potential New HC, and GM IF we are going to go after a New GM!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hows about the Rams have a chat with Wade Phillips.

Would make the D elite for sure. If he can bring in a good OC like MM that would make an interesting combo

Wade is a solid coach. Worth an interview.

Sorry, Wade has had three chances to be a Head Coach in Denver, Buffalo & Dallas plus Wade is 69 years old, IMO, the Rams can do better than Wade.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hows about the Rams have a chat with Wade Phillips.

Would make the D elite for sure. If he can bring in a good OC like MM that would make an interesting combo

Wade is a solid coach. Worth an interview.

He has said he's a better coordinator than a hc. I don't think he wants to be a hc again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's cool that they're doing their due diligence and all, but they also need to hurry up. The first head coach hired gets first crack at the coordinators, and there's not going to be a very deep pool to choose from.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Agree. That's why I'm more concerned about it.
I wonder how Vermeil would have done if he never hired Martz.
Because he was sucking the life out of that team before him.

Went to the Chiefs with Al Saunders as his offensive coordinator and went 44-36 and 13-3 in 2003 and that offense was very special, however, the DC Greg Robinson just could not get the team even mediocre otherwise they would have been even more dangerous. So he had a winning record without Martz so IMO, I think he would have done fine, but together the both of them were special.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Well, can't communicate that the Rams are not interviewing many, hopefully, they hire the right guy. Austin seems well respected throughout the league, however, I have never considered the defenses he's coordinated to be elite, just solid at best.

I'm with you on that. Not a big fan of either of the Lions coordinators. I'm biased though since I live a stone skip away from Detroit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's so hard being patient. I want to know who our coach and coordinators are RIGHT NOW! :)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want him either because I don't trust the Belichick tree but "spoiled little child," how did you get that view of him?

His time in Denver would lead one to view him that way.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
His time in Denver would lead one to view him that way.

Sometimes people learn from their screwups and change for the better. Still would rather have someone else. Who? Mike Smith, 66-46 with four playoff trips in seven seasons with the Falcons, Tom Cable, Mike Shanahan, Tom Coughlin.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Seems like the Rams are interviewing literally everyone, which IMO is good and bad. Leaving no stone unturned. However, is kroenke taking a week off from running the empire? Are only certain coaches being blessed with his presence? If so why would you go work for a guy who didn't think of you enough to attend the interview.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sometimes people learn from their screwups and change for the better. Still would rather have someone else. Who? Mike Smith, 66-46 with four playoff trips in seven seasons with the Falcons, Tom Cable, Mike Shanahan, Tom Coughlin.

I wouldn't be excited by any of the coaches on that list, but I'd be okay with all but Tom Cable. Cable currently oversees the third worst OL in the NFL (barely edged out by us and Minnesota). When he was head coach in Oakland, he punched one of his assistants in the face. And Hue Jackson was the reason for that team's success imo.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's so hard being patient. I want to know who our coach and coordinators are RIGHT NOW! :)

I will take a shot:

Head Coach...Kyle Shanahan
Offensive Coordinator...Rick Dennison
Defensive Coordinator...Raheem Morris