Rams claimed G Travis Bond off waivers from the Panthers.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I wouldn't get too excited by him yet Slappy. Not being able to crack that depth chart over there isn't exactly a nice calling card. Did some reading on Panther boards and it seemed he was well liked by the org as OT and some felt that maybe the team decided he didn't have the feet for it. They replaced him with a giant french canadian, btw, so the thread was pretty funny.

If I'm him I am immediately pushing for a job on special teams.

6'6 330lb ST'mer?? Haha!!

jjab360

Legend
I wouldn't get too excited by him yet Slappy. Not being able to crack that depth chart over there isn't exactly a nice calling card. Did some reading on Panther boards and it seemed he was well liked by the org as OT and some felt that maybe the team decided he didn't have the feet for it. They replaced him with a giant french canadian, btw, so the thread was pretty funny.

Don't forget that Joe Barksdale was a reject from the Raiders of all teams. :eek:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, but picking up a camp body if that was big news in 09, now if you aspire to be a playoff team why even feed these kind of bums.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Nice research!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry I'm out of blue font.
I don't get excited anymore over these guys. This isn't a 1-15 team. If you want a depth guy sign a vet. If you want a flyer get a UDFA.

He's basically a UDFA. Maybe he's a guy the Rams wanted last year?

I don't have any expectations for him. But it's more or less the same sort shot you'd take on an UDFA.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams claim OL Travis Bond
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/8651/rams-claim-ol-travis-bond

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- In their ongoing efforts to bolster their depth on the offensive line, the St. Louis Rams added guard Travis Bond on Tuesday.

The Carolina Panthers released Bond on Monday and the Rams promptly put in a claim. The NFL awarded Bond to the Rams off the waiver wire on Tuesday's transaction wire.

Bond was originally a seventh-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in 2013. He didn't make the 53-man roster out of camp but spent the bulk of the season on the team's practice squad. Carolina signed Bond, who played his college ball at North Carolina, off Minnesota's practice squad in November.

Bond was active for two games for the Panthers -- against Tampa Bay and New Orleans -- and logged four snaps against the Bucs.

Listed at 6-foot-6, 330 pounds, Bond certainly brings the size the Rams like in their interior linemen. He'll join a crowded group of linemen looking to land on the depth chart. Brandon Washington, Barrett Jones and Tim Barnes are among the players Bond will battle for a roster spot.

The Rams now have 87 players on the roster, leaving room to add three more.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Sorry I'm out of blue font.
I don't get excited anymore over these guys. This isn't a 1-15 team. If you want a depth guy sign a vet. If you want a flyer get a UDFA.
What what exactly do we stand to lose for having coach Boudreau decide his worth?

Slappy967

Starter
A waiver wire claim under this regime is infinitely better for the Rams then a waiver wire pickup from the Devaney era. Good depth signing as we actually have a qualified coach working with the O line.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I liked this kid coming out of college. Might be a better backup option at guard and maybe OT than Washington. But, he's better off inside, by a longshot, IMO.

Of course, getting released this early makes me wonder if he's gotten out of shape and put on a lot of weight again.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This is probably exactly what rotoworld says about it...he's a camp body.

I love everyones optimism, but I'll get excited with this guy if he performs well in the preseason and makes the team. Until then, he's just a scrub trying to make it.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Mayock Said Robinsinson reminded him of Pace, too. I don't see it...

Pace was an excellent pass protector from day 1.

Yeah, Pace was an aggressive and strong pass protector and a very good run blocker. Greg Robinson is a nasty run blocker but needs some work in pass pro.

To me he's more Willie Roaf than Orlando Pace.