Rams claim QB Case Keenum

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
The Rams have some salary cap work to do (or already done that we haven't heard about yet) to afford everyone, but yes they claimed him.

goldenram

UDFA
I think he's a good pick up, better than Gilbert... But what makes anyone think that he's any better than Davis? Just because he got a chance to play due to Schaub getting hurt? Keenum and Davis both went undrafted in 2011. Keenum was a 6th year Senior and Davis a 5th year Senior. Keenum is 6'1/2" 210 and Davis is 6'2" 221. I think that Davis could probably play better than we give him credit for if he was to practice and play with the First Teamers for a couple of weeks. Both of these guys are very smart and very good Team leaders. These guys also played one another in the C-USA Championship game in 2011. Here's a little info from their Senior Seasons.

In 2011the NCAA granted Keenum a sixth year of eligibility. Keenum set the all time passing touchdowns record by throwing for 9 touchdowns against Rice. Keenum set the record for career completions in a 37–7 win over SMU. The Cougars had a record of 12–0 coming into the Conference USA Championship. However, the Cougars were defeated by Southern Miss by a score of 49–28. Keenum completed 41 of 67 pass attempts for 373 yards through the air, two touchdown passes, and two interceptions. In 2011 Keenum won the Sammy Baugh Trophy as the Top Passer in the Nation.

Heading into his senior season, Davis had either broken on was on the verge of breaking nearly every passing record in Southern Miss history. He passed Favre's yardage record in the second game of the season. Davis led the Golden Eagles to a C-USA Eastern Division championship and a spot in the conference championship game against undefeated and 6th ranked Houston and their record setting QB Case Keenum. Despite being a 15 point underdog and being overshadowed by Keenum prior to the game, Davis outplayed Keenum, connecting on 17 of 34 passes for 276 yards and 4 touchdowns as he led Southern Miss to one of the biggest wins in school history and C-USA Title. At the conclusion of his senior season he was named the winner of the Conerly Trophy, an award given annually to the best college football player in the state of Mississippi.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This blows my mind...

On October 27, 2011, Keenum set the all time passing touchdowns record by throwing for 9 touchdowns against Rice.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I watched the replay of texans preseason game against 49ERS. Keenum started the game and in the 1st quarter Keenum threw a pass down field wich traveled 58 yards. i believe thats a stronger arm than BULGER had,and i believe Warner could'nt throw it much farther, i dont believe arm strength is that big an issue for Keenum
The more difficult throw would be a 20-30 yard out that needs to bd put on a rope.