Rams claim Marqui Christian from Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

Thank you for the clarification!

So now we know.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The rules also sounded like you could cut said player from your 53 and put him on the PS, provided he's not a veteran (4 years exp).
I think the 3 weeks and guaranteed salary still applies, but he's fair game after that.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Don't ask me. I was trying to confuse everyone with the written rules while I slid out of the room pretending I knew what it meant.

Drat.

:LOL:, that exact thought crossed my mind when you didn't comment at the end.....perhaps we should ask M. Cuban, he seems to believe that he's the smartest person in the room......any room.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think he could stick around for awhile. We could use some depth at safety. And he has a skill-set we value. Plus, he's a fast guy who likes to hit.(special teams value)
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/marqui-christian?id=2556277
OVERVIEW

Christian won the Cliff Harris Award as nation's top small-college defensive player in 2015.
PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.46 seconds (with the wind)
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet
Short shuttle: 4.27 seconds
3-cone: 6.85 seconds
Bench: 14 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Ran a faster 40 than scouts expected at his pro day and there is an outside shot that he has another gear to access. Instinctive and a tape eater. Shows feel for the flow of the play. Reads quarterbacks fairly well and recognizes pattern development. Will restrict windows in zone coverage. Tough and has the stomach for box work. Loves to hit. Has ability to physically reroute and bang tight ends off the line of scrimmage. Will come downhill to stick his nose in as a run supporter.
WEAKNESSES
Could be limited in his scheme fit. Played some single-high safety in college, but tape shows a lack of range and desired play speed to be trusted as a center fielder on the next level. Average to below average man cover skill. Ball skills are just average. Doesn’t have the plus burst or break on the throws to impact enough catches.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 6 or 7
BOTTOM LINE
While Christian might be somewhat limited to box safety duties, he's got the toughness and instincts for the position and has the ability to handle box responsibilities on an NFL level. His angular frame looks like it can handle even more muscle and he has the attention of teams who are looking for a player with his skill set. Christian has a good shot of hearing his name called on day three and of making an NFL team as a backup safety with kick coverage ability right out of the gate

definitely my type of guy...(y);):yess:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Soooo who do we cut?

Keep in mind too we are getting Coop and Spruce back also. A lot of interesting decisions to be made.

Cough *Sensasux and Quick anyone?! Cough*

interesting ..... I don't remember Quick dropping a pass or fumbling last Sunday

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
interesting ..... I don't remember Quick dropping a pass or fumbling last Sunday

Is this a dig at Kenny Britt? Because those two aren't particularly close when it comes to performance.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler

:cautious:I'm not sure that anyone said he did.. The guy made one play in that game and it dismisses his previous seasons of lackluster performance? C'mon, that guy is as good as gone.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
:cautious:I'm not sure that anyone said he did.. The guy made one play in that game and it dismisses his previous seasons of lackluster performance? C'mon, that guy is as good as gone.

I was talking about Britt. Just looking for some fair critiques....that's all. Many want Quick cut, but when Britt drops passes and fumbles no one says a word. Not as much of being a pro-Quick guy as I am not wanting to bash one of the Ram players. I don't think Quick should have been drafted in the 2nd round. Until some of the younger guys step up, I will support Quick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was talking about Britt. Just looking for some fair critiques....that's all. Many want Quick cut, but when Britt drops passes and fumbles no one says a word. Not as much of being a pro-Quick guy as I am not wanting to bash one of the Ram players. I don't think Quick should have been drafted in the 2nd round. Until some of the younger guys step up, I will support Quick.
One could justifiably rail on Britt's production since he arrived here three yrs ago (1,600 yds 6 TD's) but when compared to the last five yrs of Quick's production (1,000 yds 8 TD's) it's not even close. Plus Britt hasn't missed a game since becoming a Ram. His durability and reliability was in serious question when he arrived here.

I think Britt has earned more of a pass than Quick to make a mistake from time to time. JMO

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn. Did we just get rewarded?...Timing was impeccable.

That would be some funny $h!# if the guy clicked big time in Williams' defense, which, by the way, is a nice fit for his skill set, because then Arians and his smug fat @$$ would need to watch the kid blow up his prized wideouts. Ah we should be so lucky, but not gonna get my hopes up since we already saw them luck out with Gaines, not to mention Hill looks like he can stick as a depth CB at this level.

One thing about Greg Williams, though, is he knows how to develop DBs. Dude has a gift.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Reading through r/AZCAardinals on reditt and their fans seem upset at their FO for losing Marqui Christian.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/marqui-christian?id=2556277
OVERVIEW

Christian won the Cliff Harris Award as nation's top small-college defensive player in 2015.
PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.46 seconds (with the wind)
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet
Short shuttle: 4.27 seconds
3-cone: 6.85 seconds
Bench: 14 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Ran a faster 40 than scouts expected at his pro day and there is an outside shot that he has another gear to access. Instinctive and a tape eater. Shows feel for the flow of the play. Reads quarterbacks fairly well and recognizes pattern development. Will restrict windows in zone coverage. Tough and has the stomach for box work. Loves to hit. Has ability to physically reroute and bang tight ends off the line of scrimmage. Will come downhill to stick his nose in as a run supporter.
WEAKNESSES
Could be limited in his scheme fit. Played some single-high safety in college, but tape shows a lack of range and desired play speed to be trusted as a center fielder on the next level. Average to below average man cover skill. Ball skills are just average. Doesn’t have the plus burst or break on the throws to impact enough catches.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Rounds 6 or 7
BOTTOM LINE
While Christian might be somewhat limited to box safety duties, he's got the toughness and instincts for the position and has the ability to handle box responsibilities on an NFL level. His angular frame looks like it can handle even more muscle and he has the attention of teams who are looking for a player with his skill set. Christian has a good shot of hearing his name called on day three and of making an NFL team as a backup safety with kick coverage ability right out of the gate

definitely my type of guy...(y);):yess:

Note all this activity all young season long trying to find a replacement for the loss of safety Brain Randolph???

Would seem to be looking for a safety who can play both deep & in the box combo type one who can move all over as needed to fit the defense that GW wants to run with each changing play. The released Johnson appears to been to too heavy of the "Box" type like Alexander & McDonald & to light in the "Deep" type. I will still maintain that GW is looking for another Lamarcus Joyner clone here.

The ever expanding role in this new 2016 defense by LJ may have also added to this activity too. If LJ was not starting then he would fit this role that GW is looking for with the other 3 safeties but it sure looks like the demands from LJ up close to the LOS have exploded & the Coty Sensabaugh's deplorable performance added to the pressure too. Mo Alexander's injury has also made Mo mostly late or just not there when playing deep:(.

Last edited:

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again

I read Fisher's words from the 9/27 press conference to basically say (a) drops can kill, (b) BQ has had lots of them, (c) BQ gets no extra accolades for getting open and catching the ball because that is his job, (d) we'll see how he does that job in the near future. Those are words for keeping it wide open to release a guy.

Bruce2980

Starter
I read Fisher's words from the 9/27 press conference to basically say (a) drops can kill, (b) BQ has had lots of them, (c) BQ gets no extra accolades for getting open and catching the ball because that is his job, (d) we'll see how he does that job in the near future. Those are words for keeping it wide open to release a guy.
Yes, Fisher didn't have any accolades for Quick's TD. He even seemed irritated that the reporter seemed happy for him.

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
The rules also sounded like you could cut said player from your 53 and put him on the PS, provided he's not a veteran (4 years exp).
I think the 3 weeks and guaranteed salary still applies, but he's fair game after that.

In addition, even if on the PS, he still uses up a 53-man spot for 3 weeks and does not count against a PS spot. So, if you do that within the first three weeks, after that period, someone has to get cut from the PS or moved up to the 53 in the space the acquisition vacated.