Rams checking out QB...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Anyone know anything about the is Shane Carden guy?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_ac0056a7-b0e9-5db7-a8ff-43242f82b3b0.html

East Carolina quarterback Shane Carden’s favorite QBs are Brett Favre and Philip Rivers.

Favre is an interesting choice because Carden looks a little like the young Favre and even sounds a little like him.

“Growing up, I was always told I looked like (Favre),” Carden said. “And I just loved the way he played the game. He always had so much passion in everything he did. The plays he was able to make outside the pocket — I just always enjoyed watching him.”

And Rivers?

“Same type of deal,” Carden said. “He brings some fire to the field. He looks like an ultimate competitor. I’ve never met the guy, but just from what I’ve seen, how he plays the game, I just love the way he plays football.”

According to one scout, Carden doesn’t necessarily wow you on the practice field, but come game day it’s a different story. He’s a gamer. Carden didn’t dispute the description.

“I try to get the most out of practice,” Carden said. “But yeah, when games start something else kinda switches in me, and I stay after it.”

Carden, who has spoken with the Rams at the Senior Bowl, grew up in Newport Beach, Calif., but moved to Houston when he was 12. A little undersized at a shade under 6 feet 2, Carden has had some good moments on the practice field in Mobile, particularly when throwing on the run on rollouts and bootlegs.

In that sense his style is reminiscent to Jeff Garcia, a feisty four-time Pro Bowler who had a long and productive NFL career. Not only has Carden heard of Garcia and heard the comparison, he has trained with Garcia in California.

“I actually worked out with him this past spring,” Carden said. “He looked at me and he was like ‘Man, you could be my brother.’

“When we were working out, he was doing the drills. He was leading them, and he was getting after it. He can still spin it, man.”

Garcia is 44.

Carden doesn’t have the name recognition of most of the other QBs attending the Senior Bowl because East Carolina isn’t a so-called “Power 5” school. But he put up great numbers in college, including school records for passing yards (11,991) and touchdowns (86) over three seasons.

He’s hoping to make a name for himself this week among the scouts and coaches here in Mobile.

“All the coaches, obviously they want to see me under center,” Carden said. “In my college career I was in the ’gun pretty much all the time. I’m just getting comfortable with that. It’s just being consistent with that footwork. Just little things here and there that each team wants to know about.”

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
@jrry32 liked him prior to the Senior Bowl, not a fan, myself. He may be able to tell you more about him. I watched a few game tapes, didn't like his throwing motion, along with some other things. Heard he has some good intangibles...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 liked him prior to the Senior Bowl, not a fan, myself. He may be able to tell you more about him. I watched a few game tapes, didn't like his throwing motion, along with some other things. Heard he has some good intangibles...

Austin Davis more or less.