Rams check in at No. 25 in way too early Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams check in at No. 25 in way too early Power Rankings
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...k-in-at-no-25-in-way-too-early-power-rankings

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The 2015 season ended Sunday with the Denver Broncos' 24-10 win over the Carolina Panthers. And with the end of the football season comes the immediate desire to look ahead to the next one.

Yes, we are a long way from getting back to football and there's a lot that will happen in free agency and the draft in the coming months. But it's never too early to begin looking ahead to the 2016 regular season. OK, maybe it is, but that doesn't mean we won't do it.

On Sunday night, ESPN revealed it's "Way-Too-Early 2016 NFL Power Rankings." The Los Angeles Rams landed at No. 25 on that list, ahead of only the No. 30 San Francisco 49ers when it comes to NFC West division teams.

As you'd expect, the Rams came in so low on the list largely because of their offensive issues. The caveat included about how the ranking could change comes with questions about the Rams fixing their quarterback problems.

Personally, I believe No. 25 is a little on the low side for a team that was 7-9 and was in a lot of games. Something closer to the middle of the pack would probably be more appropriate but the Rams do have a lot of questions they need to answer. If they can somehow find an upgrade at quarterback while retaining key defensive free agents and adding at wideout, they should be able to move up in these rankings soon after next season starts.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Yeah 25. :rolleyes: I'm sure they have us below crappy reams like Chicago, Houston, Baltimore, etc.

Screw 'em all! Put us at 32. The only poll that counts is the game. Use it to pin on the bulletin board. Let it fire our guys up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
EXCELLENT!!!

Let the league and fans underestimate us. That leaks over to some players and even some coaching staffs.

I think we'll be ready.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the rams are picking at #15 after enduring some of the worst qb play in the history of the nfl. i don't get it. do people think foles will be starting again next season?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Ha! Fools. We just picked up QB Kain Coulter. We also have Case Keenum and are rumored to be looking to Re-sign Kellen Clemens. :whistle:

With Case Keenum, Kellen Clemens and now Kain Coulter in the fold, how can we be only #25???!!! :rant:

Ignorant fools.

:flanders: But Roman, it thought it was going to be Manning mentoring Mannion?

Last edited:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Yeah 25. :rolleyes: I'm sure they have us below crappy reams like Chicago, Houston, Baltimore, etc.

Screw 'em all! Put us at 32. The only poll that counts is the game. Use it to pin on the bulletin board. Let it fire our guys up.
Didn't we lose to Baltimore and Chicago? Didn't Houston go to the playoffs? Granted it was a terrible division.

WvuIN02

Starter
Until the Rams have something other than a QB who is a questionable backup QB for better teams, this is the reality.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Didn't we lose to Baltimore and Chicago? Didn't Houston go to the playoffs? Granted it was a terrible division.

Beside the point. By that logic we should be top 10 because we beat Seattle twice and Arizona on the road. I'm arguing for our placement being too low. You think #25 sounds about right? I went back after my knee-jerk reaction and looked at all the 6-10 teams listed ahead of the Rams. All the East Coast trash. Teams that played in an easy division as you say (although Houston has some talent and may have been a bad example) or just don't have as good of a roster as we do. You make a good point. The Rams had some stinker games and haven't earned respect yet. They have had a horrible offense that somehow regressed last year.

But they also lost 3 OT games (including to Baltimore) have an up and coming dominant defense, and had one of the toughest schedules in the league. I believe #15-18 would have been a more accurate placement.

But then as I stated earlier, these rankings don't matter. I'm actually not that worked up, just a little irked.

diggity

Rookie
Face it...the D is solid.
But, until Fisher actually does something SOLID as far as coming up with an effective offensive scheme with the players to actually execute it...#25 sounds right.
GO RAMS!!!!!

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Beside the point. By that logic we should be top 10 because we beat Seattle twice and Arizona on the road. I'm arguing for our placement being too low. You think #25 sounds about right? I went back after my knee-jerk reaction and looked at all the 6-10 teams listed ahead of the Rams. All the East Coast trash. Teams that played in an easy division as you say (although Houston has some talent and may have been a bad example) or just don't have as good of a roster as we do. You make a good point. The Rams had some stinker games and haven't earned respect yet. They have had a horrible offense that somehow regressed last year.

But they also lost 3 OT games (including to Baltimore) have an up and coming dominant defense, and had one of the toughest schedules in the league. I believe #15-18 would have been a more accurate placement.

But then as I stated earlier, these rankings don't matter. I'm actually not that worked up, just a little irked.
The homer in me says we should be around 16, and that by the end of the next season within the top 10 and into the postseason. The realist, more like downer, in me says 25 is probably about right. Yeah our roster is stacked on paper, and we've had bad luck with injuries, but, we don't have a qb and are very inconsistent. We surprise everyone and beat top level teams, and then we lay eggs on sub par teams. But yeah, it's the way too early ranking, I would disagree with most of the placements.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, ranking us at #25 before a single offseason move is one thing.

I mean, big questions about our QB, WR, TE, LDE, and our OC, too.

Not to mention the uncertainty of whether we resign our CB's, Barron, McLeod, Hayes, etc.

Things might look a whole lot better after this draft, as well. A WHOLE lot better.

Providing the FO makes some good moves in their offseason, things might look downright encouraging by camp.

Who knows? We may be considered a top 12 team by then. Lol.