Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 8/12/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you cover the Rams for a living you're never going to please the majority of your readers. I'd like for someone to give me a name of a reporter who covers a single football team who gives everyone all those nuggets of information he gleaned from his "inside" knowledge of the team. If he had inside info and the team didn't want that info to be released and he released it he'd never get inside info again. Somehow people think that just because he covers our team the Rams are going to give him info that they don't want the general public to know. Because, you know, all great beat reporters do that right? :LOL: Like all reporters, he's making educated guesses about things from the close perspective he's gained from watching practices that we can't see and talking, in general terms (sometimes specific info that he's not allowed to comment on but which can still be used to help formulate his opinion), with people in the know. I guess people expect him to have a "deep throat" (not the good kind :LOL:) within the organization who will regularly feed him juicy inside info just for us. Fans have very unrealistic expectations and that's not his fault, that's their fault.

Occasionally he comes off a little miffed that they didn't release some information through him and why shouldn't he be miffed? What does it cost the Rams to let him introduce breaking news that they want the public to know? That's just being crappy to someone who helps sell tickets and makes them money and it's his livelihood. I'd be pissed too.
Well said!