Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 3/18/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tonyl711

Starter
JT acts as if Fisher is his best friend of 30 years and he owes him something. I don't know if the trade option came up before or after the interview but gee wiz Jim, get over yourself already. $hit happens in sports.

Has anyone actually heard one tweet, blurb or anything else from any player saying anything negative about this? For 3 years I've only heard players say they love Fisher.

Seems to me JT is taking this way over the top.
he does take things too far, remember the way he cried over the equiptment manager being let go? JT there are times its best for a coach not to tell reporters their plans, this obviously was one of them, quit crying and do your job.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's not just Thomas... every writer at the PD is given the cold shoulder by the Rams. You wanna know why that is?

The writers EARNED every bit of it. They had to work hard at it too.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
As my father-in-law would say, "Someone's got their dauber down."

sad-gl-fan.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. I find myself more embarrassed for Jim Thomas than anything here. Whether there was a misunderstanding,or not, he's simply a reporter. They don't have to tell him everything if they don't want to do so. Besides, it seems to me that chances are he had no idea if there was a trade market for Foles if he didn't even know that they were trading Bradford.:whistle:

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Wow, JT is acting like a little biatch and it isn't just the Fisher questions either. You can just tell by his answers to the other questions that he is pissed. I will forever think of this guy and label him a sensitive ass dude.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wow, I never realized JT was such a wuss. There are certain things a coach never tells a beat writer. Trading a player, who you will pursue in FA prior to FA starting (Tampering) and who you are drafting.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Aside from all the unfortunate subterfuge (i.e., lying), do you think it was a good trade?

In the short term, it looks good for the Rams (because of the second-rounder). But I can't say if they're better off with a trio of Foles, Davis, and Keenum at this point than they were w/last year's trio of Bradford, Hill, and Davis. Maybe a fresh start is the best thing for Bradford _ and also for Foles, for that matter.

But it ain't last year and Hill isn't here.
As far as the "subterfuge" goes, it bothers me far more that Fisher went back on his commitments to Davis and Hill , and FWIW I think JT is at least forgetting other coaches fibbing to him. Grow up dude ,you shouldn't expect the kind of candor you think you are owed, players yes, you no.
--------

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Never had a head coach lie to me like that in 21 seasons on the Rams beat
I don't consider it "Lieing" When someone is keeping a Team secret! Especially when the person who was supposedly Lied to, is not noted for being 'Homer' at Ram park!

How far apart are the Rams and Barksdale? Has he had any interest from other teams?

They were far apart at the beginning. I don't know if anything's really changed since then. I have heard nothing in terms of other teams being interested in Barksdale. It's been very quiet on him. Strange.
This sounds like JT had no clue Barksdale was on his Honeymoon!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I like JT, but man he is really going overboard with the butt hurt over Fisher's lack of candor prior to the Bradford trade. Why should Fisher be obligated to tell JT that the Rams are going to trade Bradford when they obviously want people to think they are willing to keep him? Saying you want to trade a guy is a tell that you don't value him highly, saying you are willing to go into the season says the opposite.

So you weren't privy to the inside discussions the Rams were having about trading Bradford? Get over it, Jim.
haha butt hurt were the exact words I was gonna use.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I cannot believe I am saying it, Jason LaCanfora was right all along?!!!!!

If a broken clock is right twice a day, I guess LaCanfora can be right once in his life.

Father/son conversation:
"Dad, i really love your Ford 4x4 truck. You aren't going to get rid of it are you?"

"Never, son."

"Son, I traded in the old Ford for a new Jeep today."

"Liar!!!"

If my daddy traded a Ford F-150 Raptor in for the new Jeep Renegade, I'd be upset.

jeep-renegade.jpg

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Looks like JT isn't the only one butt-hurt.
Awful lot of fans with an apparent axe to grind with the Rams. I suppose I can't blame them though, the stadium kerfuffle surely must be grating, especially to residents of The 'Lou.

But comments like the guy comparing the front office and CIA (for some reason I read the full chat) or others lamenting not chasing after the likes of Christian Ponder...just makes me wonder.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like JT... always have. I like Wagoner too. Bernie? Runs hot and cold for me.

No matter the timing, it wouldn't have been hard for Fisher to pick up the phone right after the deal was struck to allow Thomas to get the scoop.

Clearly, that didn't happen... but how long does it take to pick up a phone, tap in a number and relay the deal?

Does Fisher owe him that? Of course not. It's about relationships and trust. Thomas has been reporting the Rams since they arrived in town... his reputation is tied to Fisher... Fisher either respects that or not... apparently, he does not. But I'm not sure who Fisher respects... including his players.

He did the same thing with the Davis thing (remember the "wink"). And if anyone trusts Kroenke, good luck with that.

The entire franchise is taking on a persona of deceit and mis-trust, IMO.

Thomas does this for a living... it's his livlihood and he depends on the "kindness" of guys like Fisher to clue him in... .Fisher let him down.

Just my opinion... but I'd be pizzed too and I'm disappointed in many of the posts in thei thread... cold stuff, ROD.

/Rant over/

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't consider it "Lieing" When someone is keeping a Team secret! Especially when the person who was supposedly Lied to, is not noted for being 'Homer' at Ram park!
Especially since any other answer would be yes he is, which info JT wasn't entitled to either way

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
See here's my question about the whole "he lied to me" thing.

Fisher allegedly told Thomas that he wasn't trading Bradford the day before free agency (per Thomas).
TWO days later, they did. Is it possible that Philly came along in the zero hour and offered them something they hadn't previously?
And if so, wasn't Fisher telling the truth?

Admittedly it's a small window where they went from not trading a player to trading him, but it's not unprecedented.
I, from what Fisher and Snead said, believe that was the case. NFLN reported it. It was a last minute, right before the free agency deadline type deal, that had broken off more than twice already. Philly sweetened the deal, at the FA deadline. Openly shopping serves no purpose, and Fisher didn't lie to Bradford, whom he himself admitted that a deal had been in the works for weeks. Openly shopping Bradford only weakens the Rams FO's bargaining chips.

It's fucking brilliant what the Rams got for a currently, and previous major injury QB--brilliant.

The Rams don't owe JT an apology, they publicly explained how, and when, the deal went down via a news conference. JT has proven himself not trust worthy, by his sniveling, and wanting a public apology. Fuck him. He's leaked stories, over, and over again. He dominates every press conference, and acts like he's the only one who knows anything. He answers questions about talent, which he knows nothing about. The only credit that I will give him, is that he doesn't, haven't posted a done deal report, unless the deal is done.

Well, now, it looks like the Rams have two, butt hurt, reporters, who will hold grudges, and probably make it their life mission's to dog the Rams until they die, or get fired, which ever happens first. Shane needs to get in there. This is his chance.

I'm tired of JT, Bernie, and Tony. The Rams don't owe you guys anything, You set the tone for the relationship, and the trust, and there will be times that it is not on the interest of the team, or player to publicly report on them.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I remember when Fisher was being probed about the Ferguson riots and what our players did when they came out of the tunnel. Seems like ever since then Fish seemed like he was at his witt's ends with the beat writers, I wonder if JT was one of the reporters to irritate him the most, just a thought...

V3

Hall of Fame
JT really is an idiot. Why the hell can't he understand what happened when it's been explained quite clearly? Also, you never believe a word out of a coach or GM's mouth this time of year. I even said before the Bradford trade that I don't believe a word out of Fisher's mouth. He has a history and it goes with the territory of being an NFL HC. Grow up, JT.