Rams Chat With Jim Thomas: 12/30/14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Jim Thomas sums up the whole franchise QB mystery perfectly. He states that Bradford can be a very good QB but not a franchise QB. :confused:? How can you be very good and still not good enough? This criteria for franchise status is getting out of hand. If Bradford was in the very good tier of QBs and didn't get hurt we'd have swept the division and be talking about home field maybe. And I guess looking over his shoulder going by today's ridiculous standard.

Athos

Legend
Jim Thomas sums up the whole franchise QB mystery perfectly. He states that Bradford can be a very good QB but not a franchise QB. :confused:? How can you be very good and still not good enough? This criteria for franchise status is getting out of hand. If Bradford was in the very good tier of QBs and didn't get hurt we'd have swept the division and be talking about home field maybe. And I guess looking over his shoulder going by today's ridiculous standard.

That's PD logic for you. :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The problem is that "franchise QB" means nothing if you really look at it. If you're at least pretty good and your team is successful, you're a franchise QB. If either is untrue, it's not. Thus, whether or not someone is a franchise QB is heavily dependent on situation, and for most of Sam's career, he's been in a pretty bad situation.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
image.jpg
Fisher made a point of mentioning this during his presser yesterday and I think it needs to be repeated here...

Jenkins will be playing in the Pro Bowl in a few weeks.

Jack Rabbit doesn't get enough love.

Corner is a tough job, especially when Williams singles you up and the blitz doesn't always get home. The Rams live with his boom or bust mentality because aggressiveness is valued. That's why we leave our safeties so deep, so the corners can gamble.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think Jenkins has too many mental lapses, and needs to clean that up... But I agree; he gets a little too much mis-directed heat - sorta like Cook getting heat for drops.

Both players aren't perfect, but both players are among the least of our problems. Too often we only remember the negative.
There seems to be two things going on here with Jenkz ... 1) he spends too much time peeking at the QB. Many times, that is how he gets beat because he thinks he sees something and by the time he tries to recover, his man has gotten by him. If they would play him in more Man Coverage, I think this might help him. When he is in Zone ... that is when he guesses wrong and gets beat, more often than not. Also ... the communication in the DBF seems to be horrific. Guys always thinking someone else has help over the top .... it's mind boggling. Don't they have EYES?? Sometimes on the replays I have to ask ... what did they see there? Why...?? What...?? Who...??

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
The problem is that "franchise QB" means nothing if you really look at it. If you're at least pretty good and your team is successful, you're a franchise QB. If either is untrue, it's not. Thus, whether or not someone is a franchise QB is heavily dependent on situation, and for most of Sam's career, he's been in a pretty bad situation.

The albeit ending to this "Franchise" quarterback thing is that you do not know until you are in retrospect. You are not considered a "franchise" quarterback until after your career. Sure there might be contracts that show a organization believes you may be the franchise guy, but we really won't know until your career is over, maybe even until your contract is up.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
^I'll add there are maybe a few guys in the NFL right now that are considered franchise quarterbacks. One of which was let go by their franchise and went on to show he could be a franchise guy for another franchise.