Rams Chat Highlights From Mike Sando’s Chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rams-news.com/rams-chat-highlights-from-mike-sandos-chat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rams-news.com/rams-chat-high ... ndos-chat/</a>

Where would Sam Bradford rank with all the other quarterbacks (1-32) ? And do you think Jake Long will help Bradford ?

Mike Sando
I’d say Sam Bradford is middle of the pack right now, with a big opportunity to climb significantly based on his talent.

Mike, would it surprise you if the Rams went defense in the first round?

Mike Sando
Not at all. I’d be a little surprised if they went offense with both picks. They need a starting safety in this draft. Defensive line is usually a good value position early in a draft.

With their 2 picks in the first round, who do the Rams pick that allows you to say they nailed those 2 picks? Thanks

Mike Sando
Guard and safety would sure make it feel as though the team filled primary needs. However, I think landing Tavon Austin would generate more buzz. Getting Austin and then a safety would probably make it easiest to say they nailed the picks.

What are your thoughts on Patterson to the Rams? I know he is raw, and will take some time, but he looks pretty electric w/ the ball in his hands, and the rams should not be overly concerned with immediate production. This is a long-haul plan.

Mike Sando
First off, I do not scout the college players, so I don’t have a personal opinion on Patterson specifically. However, scouts do seem to think Patterson is a boom-bust type of player and someone who might need some time. If that is true, the Rams should keep open their options. They already have that type of player in Brian Quick, a second-round pick a year ago. Now, if they were to take Patterson, I would understand the thinking and would not rip them for the decision. Adding weapons to the offense makes sense. I just think the team should guard against reaching for a receiver. And I trust the Rams will take that approach. They did last year when they traded back and took Michael Brockers, a defensive tackle, after many assumed Justin Blackmon would be their target.

hi mike, i really appreciate your work. As a ram fan, im nervous we will take Lacy at 22. After reaching for Pead last yr, finding a gem in Richardson in the 7th, and keeping Ganaway around all year, does it make any sense to take Lacy?

Mike Sando
Thanks. Again, I do not personally scout the prospects, but what I’ve heard about Eddie Lacy, the running back from Alabama, makes me think he might not be the consideration at Nos. 16 or 22. I do think the Rams will draft a back, but not necessarily that early

Mike Sando
I spoke with McShay late last week and he also advised against forcing a WR pick. I could see him leaning away from suggesting a WR other than Tavon Austin at No. 16.

Full Chat Session