Rams CB Marcus Roberson on His Goals for the Season + More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sportscaster Drea Avent interviews Rams Cornerback Marcus Roberson. Drea talks to him about his goals this season, and about the Rams being located in Los Angeles.

Watch Roberson Interview

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This guy could be another steal. If Joyner develops fully and Gaines comes back to form, we will have 4 really good corners on our team.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Thanks for posting Den. Always good to see these guys in interviews. Roberson gives us some solid insurance with Gaines status uncertain.

Side note: not to be mean, but that chick sucks at interviewing. No skills. She asked a question, then before he could answer asked another, out of nervousness. Was this some college freshman communications class project? Seriously.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Marcus Roberson was a very good CB for UF. Still not sure why he was avaialble for Snead to sign him as a UDFA back in 2014. Marcus paid off realy nicely his rookie season when injuries depleated all our CB's & he started 2 games & played in 9. Last season he played in all 16 games & started a few too. He may not be flashy & you do not see him jumping & showcasing himself but he is always around the ball & does not make many mistakes.

Marcus has good size over 6 ft & over 190 pounds. Yes Rams have been paying him lunch money coins the last two seasons & will only cost 600K this season but he will enter free agency nect March. Marcus will get a nice size pay increase here. As far as the general mix of our corners? A set back to EJ or a injury to Tru will make him the starter.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Side note: not to be mean, but that chick sucks at interviewing. No skills. She asked a question, then before he could answer asked another, out of nervousness. Was this some college freshman communications class project? Seriously.

What? What interview were you watching? She didn't seem nervous nor did she cut him off. She waited until he answered the questions before she moved to the next one. I've seen wayyyyy worse. Including Dani who was terrible at first. She, was nervous.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A set back to EJ or a injury to Tru will make him the starter.

And let's hope that is not the case because IMO, Roberson's area of opportunity is closing on the ball, he's a tad stiff and has to give some cushion because of it, but rarely gets beat deep and because of his size can break up the pass at it's highest point.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
What? What interview were you watching? She didn't seem nervous nor did she cut him off. She waited until he answered the questions before she moved to the next one. I've seen wayyyyy worse. Including Dani who was terrible at first. She, was nervous.
I went back and watched again Jack. I was a little harsh. She was pretty composed considering she had to provide 100% of the energy in the room. And the double question, I suppose, was more of a rephrase.

Marcus doesn't have to be a great interview as long as he keeps playing well. He'll be used a lot this year.

Last edited:

ItsonTavon

Rookie
Name
Erick
I don't know about everyone but that Seattle game. Where Marcus stops Marshawn Lynch in a open field hit. Gained a lot of respect from me.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Thanks for posting Den. Always good to see these guys in interviews. Roberson gives us some solid insurance with Gaines status uncertain.

I think she was trying to hurry through so she could start the post interveiw activities, Roberson may have been thinking about the post interveiw as well.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Is it just me or ... does she seem to keep gesturing with her hands towards her boobs??? LOL :D

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I couldent get part 2 from the OP for some reason on my iphone. Here's the link if you're having the same problem. I agree, he's laid back dude, refreshing to see with today's athletes.

View: https://youtu.be/-hdaXaqMArI

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Marcus Roberson was a very good CB for UF. Still not sure why he was avaialble for Snead to sign him as a UDFA back in 2014. Marcus paid off realy nicely his rookie season when injuries depleated all our CB's & he started 2 games & played in 9. Last season he played in all 16 games & started a few too. He may not be flashy & you do not see him jumping & showcasing himself but he is always around the ball & does not make many mistakes.

Marcus has good size over 6 ft & over 190 pounds. Yes Rams have been paying him lunch money coins the last two seasons & will only cost 600K this season but he will enter free agency nect March. Marcus will get a nice size pay increase here. As far as the general mix of our corners? A set back to EJ or a injury to Tru will make him the starter.
Gaines and Roberson are both eyeballing that permanent starting corner spot opposite TruJ moving forward. There will be great competition there this season.