Rams' Case Keenum was "seeing ghosts" in season-opening flop

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At this point you might be right ?? Maybe he should of put Jarred in as the starter from the being ?? Then decide he is not ready if he wasn't .

That would be a different mind set. Jarred Goff had so much confidence coming out as The #1 draft pick . I thick maybe his bubble got burst ?? Playing with the first team might have given him a better chance to show his skills.

Truth is though Case Keenum beat him out, & you could see in practice.

Truth is that Case Keenum was already three quarters of the way to the finish when Goff started the race. A lot of backup caliber QBs "beat out" top picks, but their team opted not to start them because they recognized that it wouldn't take much game action for the rookie to pass them. Same is true here imo.

Athos

Legend
The Hags will probably blitz all night until Keenums weak arm can prove it can beat them.

They'll sack him hard and stuff Todd.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Seeing Ghosts or Guessing? IMO, same horse just different color.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Actually Mannion does do well in the pocket he actually does better than Goff in that area, Goff makes a lot of plays outside the pocket, but he dont know how to maneuverand avoid the pass rush inside the pocket like Mannion does.

Agree to disagree. Mannion has Foles like immobility IMO.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I don't know if Fish is gonna allow Case to stink it up for another four quarters. Case needs to look competitive early on, or he may well be yanked by halftime. I don't believe the 'Hawks took Case seriously last season when they went down 23-17 in Week Sixteen. After watching the '9ers straitjacket Todd and daring Case to beat them last Monday night, you bet the Seattle D is gonna turn up the pressure on the Express! this weekend.

Everyone is talking about Case and Jared, but I wonder if Sean is gonna be a factor if Case is ineffective again. He knows the playbook more thoroughly than Goff and has a decent arm himself. Thrusting a green Jared into a live game this early in his development may not be worth it . . . unless they seriously dumb things down for him. Maybe all the fly guys need to take turns with all three QBs this short week in practice to familiarize themselves with each QB's passing touch. Maybe even P Johnny Hecker needs to bend over C Tim Barnes' rear end (joking).

We are already 0-1 in our division, which is already one more loss than I wanted. We don't need any stinkin' 0-2 start! Guys hve to catch rocks, and QBs need to air it out to allow Todd room to breath against the 'Hawks' D. We gotta come back from 28-Love loss with a statement game from our O.

Doubt that even Fisher with an extension can play Keenum for 4 quarters of dismal ineffectiveness in the home opener. So much for playing the guy with confidence and experience.

If they suit up Goff, I think there's a good chance he could play. (Same with Mannion, but I think they go straight to Goff.) But Fisher won't tip his hand on the second qb until it's too late for Seattle to put special effort into preparing for Goff.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I didn't see any ghosts.

But I did see a fucking nightmare.

Case can't be filling the team with confidence making comments like that.

How bout we keep Case away from the cameras and mics for a while. Thanks.

Bruce2980

Starter
I didn't see any ghosts.

But I did see a freaking nightmare.

Case can't be filling the team with confidence making comments like that.

How bout we keep Case away from the cameras and mics for a while. Thanks.
Better yet, we keep him away from the ball and the field.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
To me the biggest factor wasn't that Case admitted he was scared

Must've missed that part. He's basically saying he fucked up and had a bad game. How does that equate being "scared"?

I'm torn. I think playing Goff is best for the Rams, but I don't want us to lose. And I know that Keenum will have to both play poorly and the Rams lose for Fisher to consider yanking him.

If you are a fan, you want the team to win no matter who is under center and not to satisfy personal wants.

Athos

Legend
Keenum will be seeing the Nazgul when he faces the Hawks if he was seeing ghosts against the Whiners.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you are a fan, you want the team to win no matter who is under center and not to satisfy personal wants.

That's the problem. My belief is that the Rams will win more games with Jared Goff at QB. But my hunch is that Keenum would have to fall flat on his face again and lose the Seattle game for Fisher to give Goff a chance. So it's either root for the team's detriment in the short-term for the betterment of the long-term or root for the team's betterment in the short-term to the detriment of the long-term.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Wtf.... Dude just admitted that he doesn't belong on the field of battle.

He's weak. And, ladies and gentlemen, he's our QB until further notice.

Maybe Hekker will do it. Anyone?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
At this point you might be right ?? Maybe he should of put Jarred in as the starter from the being ?? Then decide he is not ready if he wasn't .

That would be a different mind set. Jarred Goff had so much confidence coming out as The #1 draft pick . I thick maybe his bubble got burst ?? Playing with the first team might have given him a better chance to show his skills.

Truth is though Case Keenum beat him out, & you could see in practice.

Bradford looks good in shorts too. Doesn't mean a damn thing once bullets are flying.

Bruce2980

Starter
Must've missed that part. He's basically saying he freaked up and had a bad game. How does that equate being "scared"?
He saw ghosts, he was over thinking, not trusting his training, not trusting his players not trusting his reads, not trusting his instincts all come from fear, just like the look in his eyes the night of the game. No he did not say "I am a coward" but he beat around the sissy bush enough for me. And what freaked him out was the feeling of fear. Once a person sees it, they can recognize it immediately. And I'm calling it like I see It. His teammates saw it too, if not that night they saw it in the film room.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Was it a result from the concussion he suffered during the Ravens game?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That's the problem. My belief is that the Rams will win more games with Jared Goff at QB. But my hunch is that Keenum would have to fall flat on his face again and lose the Seattle game for Fisher to give Goff a chance. So it's either root for the team's detriment in the short-term for the betterment of the long-term or root for the team's betterment in the short-term to the detriment of the long-term.

I'd rather just root for the team to win period. I sure as hell hope if Case starts on Sunday, the team wins. The same applies to Jared Goff, Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemons, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, whoever.

He saw ghosts, he was over thinking, not trusting his training, not trusting his players not trusting his reads, not trusting his instincts all come from fear, just like the look in his eyes the night of the game. No he did not say "I am a coward" but he beat around the sissy bush enough for me. And what freaked him out was the feeling of fear. Once a person sees it, they can recognize it immediately. And I'm calling it like I see It. His teammates saw it too, if not that night they saw it in the film room.

I think your reaching here, and twisting a cliche answer to something way out of left field. You sir, have no idea what he saw or his reaction to it was. All this article stated was Case seeing "ghosts", i.e., making bad decisions that weren't there. I highly doubt a QB in his 5th year in the NFL, 16th game started, is "scared."

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather just root for the team to win period. I sure as hell hope if Case starts on Sunday, the team wins. The same applies to Jared Goff, Sam Bradford, Kellen Clemons, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, whoever.

Well, that doesn't simplify my situation.

Bruce2980

Starter
I think your reaching here, and twisting a cliche answer to something way out of left field. You sir, have no idea what he saw or his reaction to it was. All this article stated was Case seeing "ghosts", i.e., making bad decisions that weren't there. I highly doubt a QB in his 5th year in the NFL, 16th game started, is "scared."
I saw his interview and I couldn't care less what the article said I heard what Keenum said so unless he is lying then I am going with what Keenum said. There are different levels of fear, stress is another word that can be used for the fight or flight instincts, I chose the word fear. And I do not believe that there isn't anyone in the NFL that doesn't experience some level of stress, aka fear at some point in the game, butterflies in the stomach etc. So I don't know why I have to explain this basic knowledge of human nature with you but there are plenty of experts out there that can help you understand what fear is and it's different effects on the human mind and how it can create tunnel vision, now I don't literally mean that a person is in a tunnel, ah never mind.
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Case-Keenum-Press-Conference---914/2736fe42-3c2c-4701-9281-5cc455b1bf74

Last edited:

Bruce2980

Starter
20-22 minutes into this radio show, "He (Keenum) got scared!!!!!!!"
So this is not just my opinion sir.
http://www.espn.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=17557666