Rams Career Year Team

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Great information put together here covering Rams history.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great information put together here covering Rams history.

Good find @blackbart. LOTS of good stuff at that link on historical players and team history.

Here is the graphic summarizing things. First team on left, second team on right.

2019-12-29_16-28-21.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know these things like to squeeze in some old timer's, but the omission of Steven Jackson '06 is a bit laughable. Could make an argument for Todd Gurley '17 (or even '18) as well
Az Hakim doesnt belong on the list, Kupp's '19 blows away Hakim, and I'd leave D.A. at #2

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I know these things like to squeeze in some old timer's, but the omission of Steven Jackson '06 is a bit laughable. Could make an argument for Todd Gurley '17 (or even '18) as well
Az Hakim doesnt belong on the list, Kupp's '19 blows away Hakim, and I'd leave D.A. at #2
Hakim might have had more TDs... I didn't look, but we forget how explosive he was. I remember a quote from the Pats top CB, whose name escapes me, he said. "Hakim is a bitch to cover". Talked about jow he makes it so difficult to then cover everything else.

The offense was never the same after he left snd there were other reasons, but he was a big part of it. Terence Wilkins could not come close to him as a replacement.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure these selections were all base on their statistical analysis and awards, not someone’s opinion.

Since it was written in 2016, those Gurley years weren’t included.

“All-Pros Dan Towler, 1952, and Johnny Drake, 1940, get the Second-team positions. The honorable mentions are Lawrence McCutcheon, 1974 (his top receiving season), Jerome Bettis, 1993, Steven Jackson, 2006 (1528 yards rushing, 90 receptions and 16 total touchdowns), Dick Bass, 1962, Todd Gurley, 2015, and Tank Younger, 1954. All except Steven Jackson and Todd Gurley were First-team All-pros, they were, rather, Second-team All-Pros.”

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sure these selections were all base on their statistical analysis and awards, not someone’s opinion.

Since it was written in 2016, those Gurley years weren’t included.

“All-Pros Dan Towler, 1952, and Johnny Drake, 1940, get the Second-team positions. The honorable mentions are Lawrence McCutcheon, 1974 (his top receiving season), Jerome Bettis, 1993, Steven Jackson, 2006 (1528 yards rushing, 90 receptions and 16 total touchdowns), Dick Bass, 1962, Todd Gurley, 2015, and Tank Younger, 1954. All except Steven Jackson and Todd Gurley were First-team All-pros, they were, rather, Second-team All-Pros.”
So basically what you kindly said to me was "read the effing article you moron!!!"
Haha....
My bad

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So basically what you kindly said to me was "read the effing article you moron!!!"
Haha....
My bad
Well my long career has honed my skills at delivering the message so the intended audience gets it and likes it even if I have those pointed under tones. :alol::alol:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Rams have a great tradition. So many great players; and some terrific names ... Verda T. Smith ... Vitamin Smith!