Rams Cards

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Cardinals very weak on the edge on Oline but pretty solid in the middle with Colledge, Sendlien and Snyder. Tackles are atrocious with Massie and Batiste. The Rams had been blitzing only their slot linebackers until the Seattle game when Laurinaitis got a lot of play. As you can probably tell I am not a fan of a lot of wild sell out blitzing and I like the way their are protecting the big play so far. I think they can rack up some sacks and not just pressures against Kolb.

Cardinals in previous years liked to attack the Rams by counters, folding back to the weak side and taking advantage of over pursuit by the Rams OLB. So far it seems Dunbar has the same problem.

Andre Roberts is getting a lot of play in the passing game and has already caught 24 passes and is keeping Floyd on the sideline.

Don't like Kolb at all but his stats are pretty solid so far this year.

This Rams team I hope heeds my prayer and actually accounts for Adrian Wilson and has watched some of the film from previous years and doesn't turn him into a combo of Jack Tatum and Troy Dreadlocks.

Peterson really struggled as a pass defender last year but has played better this year, don't punt to him but I have faith Hekker realizes why he got his job.

While I don't think they are as good as the Bears on defense I do think they are better than the Seahawks.

The other corner has been vulnerable and Gay has been pulled several times for poor play.

It seems to me that the Cards style leaves some big gaps that the Rams have been playing. Arizona is worse at preventing third down conversions and worse at converting third down conversions.

The Cards have only played one game on the road but beat New England in that game.

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

PhxRam

jimitroutboy said:
Cardinals very weak on the edge on Oline but pretty solid in the middle with Colledge, Sendlien and Snyder. Tackles are atrocious with Massie and Batiste. The Rams had been blitzing only their slot linebackers until the Seattle game when Laurinaitis got a lot of play. As you can probably tell I am not a fan of a lot of wild sell out blitzing and I like the way their are protecting the big play so far. I think they can rack up some sacks and not just pressures against Kolb.

Cardinals in previous years liked to attack the Rams by counters, folding back to the weak side and taking advantage of over pursuit by the Rams OLB. So far it seems Dunbar has the same problem.

Andre Roberts is getting a lot of play in the passing game and has already caught 24 passes and is keeping Floyd on the sideline.

This Rams team I hope heeds my prayer and actually accounts for Adrian Wilson and has watched some of the film from previous years and doesn't turn him into a combo of Jack Tatum and Troy Dreadlocks.

Peterson really struggled as a pass defender last year but has played better this year, don't punt to him but I have faith Hekker realizes why he got his job.

While I don't think they are as good as the Bears on defense I do think they are better than the Seahawks.

The other corner has been vulnerable and Gay has been pulled several times for poor play.

It seems to me that the Cards style leaves some big gaps that the Rams have been playing. Arizona is worse at preventing third down conversions and worse at converting third down conversions.

The Cards have only played one game on the road but beat New England in that game.

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

dont know where you came up with Andre Roberts having 22 receptions..

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PhxRam said:
jimitroutboy said:

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh I misread it its 15

PhxRam

Thing about Kolb is he can be wildly inaccurate. He has seemed to regain some of his confidence ever since the comeback victory he had when Skelton went out.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jimitroutboy said:
PhxRam said:
jimitroutboy said:

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

Regardless Roberts was tauted as a good fantasy pickup by NFL networks fantasy guhrus and needs to be accounted for.
It's a good analysis IMO we can stop their run and grind out a win, I expect a score a lot like the Seattle game, no offensive explosion on either side and our kicking game to beat theirs.

IMO AZ is the worst of the three undefeated teams and hopefully we make that two .

PhxRam

Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:
PhxRam said:
jimitroutboy said:

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

Regardless Roberts was tauted as a good fantasy pickup by NFL networks fantasy guhrus and needs to be accounted for.
It's a good analysis IMO we can stop their run and grind out a win, I expect a score a lot like the Seattle game, no offensive explosion on either side and our kicking game to beat theirs.

IMO AZ is the worst of the three undefeated teams and hopefully we make that two .

Yes and NO.. Roberts is not necessarily being fazed out as much as Floyd is being fazed in. Floyd was targeted as much as Roberts this last game and I see that trend continuing.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Thordaddy said:
jimitroutboy said:
PhxRam said:
jimitroutboy said:
Cardinals very weak on the edge on Oline but pretty solid in the middle with Colledge, Sendlien and Snyder. Tackles are atrocious with Massie and Batiste. The Rams had been blitzing only their slot linebackers until the Seattle game when Laurinaitis got a lot of play. As you can probably tell I Bigman6az@yahoo.comam not a fan of a lot of wild sell out blitzing and I like the way their are protecting the big play so far. I think they can rack up some sacks and not just pressures against Kolb.

Rams 24
Cardinals 13

We've all seen the deep go routes at least twice or three times in each game so far right? I believe the timing is there now at least with Givens seriously he burned a Sea Chickens sick secondary. Esp the numerous 3rd and +10 success. I'm not jumping to conclusion but I don't see a reflection of last Sundays game as this one on primetime at our house again. I see the running game with SJax and D Rich being steady and not stagnant.. Bradford doesn't have to attempt 50 or hit over 300 yards. I think Schotty goes after Peterson early,often and downtown maybe Givens. Wilson and Rhoades are one hell of a random but just like Thomas and Spencer (drawing a blank?).. I was very impressed with our crucial plays on offense as an entire group. Progressions fellas we are seeing it from various sides of the ball each game the normal exposures that need more work...damn wait until it near completion. We may even see some glimpses tomorrow night. I'm not waiting until 2013 or beyond. Its now right here right now...gut feeling our offense just clicks like wow.. defense continues to force more punts and turnovers.
I hope the DOME is fuckin rockin like never before my Dolby surround will be loud and "almost" like being there

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wouldn't go after Peterson, especially when the other side gave up damn near 300 yards last Sunday.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
I wouldn't go after Peterson, especially when the other side gave up damn near 300 yards last Sunday.

Agreed. Keep the ball as far away from Peterson as possible. I don't even care if they kick it out of bounds when it comes to punts or if they ignore whichever wide receiver is being covered by him; just don't let him make the big play.

Watch out for Campbell as well; I don't want to see him with a one-on-one matchup against the likes of Quinn Ojinnaka.

MJRevell

UDFA
It will be tough for the Rams to win this game - the Cards are quietly one of the best teams in the league.

That said, if we can keep it close, there's always a chance - especially if Jackson is fit enough for 20 carries.

It seems inevitable that, somehow, through returns or turnovers, Patrick Peterson will put us to the sword again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
MJRevell said:
It will be tough for the Rams to win this game - the Cards are quietly one of the best teams in the league.

That said, if we can keep it close, there's always a chance - especially if Jackson is fit enough for 20 carries.

It seems inevitable that, somehow, through returns or turnovers, Patrick Peterson will put us to the sword again.
I hope this regime is smart enough to utilize the other half of the field in this one, in addition to not punting to the guy. That said, this is going to have to be one of those games where Gibson shows up. Last year he took Nnamdi Asomugha to school, so he should be able to get up on Peterson at least a couple of times. It's going to be a tough one for Amendola because AZ has some good LBs. So that zone isn't going to be as soft as he would like.

Either way, we're gonna win. I could tell you how I know that, but then I'd have to kill ya.

Welcome to the board, by the way!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Corn Kolb looks like a fucking elf with that pelt he's got going on his chin. He's gonna take a beating tonight.

I expect ALL punts to land out of bounds,,, well, that's if the Rams even need to punt.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was there at the OT game last year when he did the 99 yard heartbreaker for a 19-13 victory. I'm still in shock, therapy and seeing the psychiatrist 3 times a week trying to deal with it. :lol: Do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT punt to that dude.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Corn Kolb looks like a fucking elf with that pelt he's got going on his chin. He's gonna take a beating tonight.

I expect ALL punts to land out of bounds,,, well, that's if the Rams even need to punt.
:sly:

You always have such a wonderful way with words.
(in a Dan Fouts voice) "And that's because he didn't hold anything back!"

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Going to have to watch the DVR of this cuz I'll be stuck at work til 730 (pacific). This is a BIG game for the Rams, they have a chance to beat a division rival 2 games in a row, an undefeated division rival nonetheless. And a win will get them OVER the .500 mark for the first time in how long??? Great confidence booster and mental hurdle if they can get it done. GO RAMS!

Offense needs to smack the Tards Def in the mouth and make up for a lackluster 2 previous weeks.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:

Agreed. Keep the ball as far away from Peterson as possible. I don't even care if they kick it out of bounds when it comes to punts or if they ignore whichever wide receiver is being covered by him; just don't let him make the big play.

Watch out for Campbell as well; I don't want to see him with a one-on-one matchup against the likes of Quinn Ojinnaka.

Wow, Campbell could wreck a few plays.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
This should be a good test for the Rams. I still expect a Ram win at home.

Cards are somehow the real deal it seems. They have won like 11 of their last 13 games.

Quinn and Long are the keys, they have to punish Kolb. Blitz and blitz some more.

The cards D is good against runs up the middle but they over pursue and are very vulnerable to 1 cut runs. Mini Jax could break a couple big ones on them. Sjax just needs to be his ass kicking self and punish them.

Bradford needs to keep doing what he's doing. Get the ball out and use his feet. A few more scrambles for pos. yardage will slow that rush.

Special teams could be the deciding factor.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I sure as hell didn't come from Colorado for my first game at the dome to watch our boys lose on prime time. They better kick some bird ass. I'm so pumped for the game!